Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-01-2009, 02:15 AM   #99
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryAmish View Post

We are in the minority here though, so you might as well get used to this kinda stuff.

Minority here, majority in government. Where it counts.
you must not understand our current state of our government. representatives of both parties absolutely do not consider the interest of their constituents when it comes to policymaking. it counts for nothing.

waohhh of topic...sorry, i love the camaro! when's mine gonna get here...3 weeks...?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #100
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
It seems like you're getting hassled, but it's probably more of a "new kid on the block" type syndrome. When I first got the Goat, I had all kinds of vehicles challenging me - now that the GTO's no longer so new, I have less attention (which is good - I'd rather be stealth )

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #101
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Last fall I followed a "greenie meanie" in a prius with an Obama sticker plastered in the rear window when I was driving my '67 with my son. We passed her when the road changed from 2 lanes to 4 lanes. We were then stopped at a stop light, she pulled in behind us, i looked over ar Ryan and ask him what she would think of being covered in tire smoke - he just laughed. When the light turned green, I gave her a little "global tire warming".
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:11 PM   #102
oilman63
rjt ordered 10-15 2ss

Drives: 2010 2SS badass camaro
Bein bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenJ View Post
Last fall I followed a "greenie meanie" in a prius with an Obama sticker plastered in the rear window when I was driving my '67 with my son. We passed her when the road changed from 2 lanes to 4 lanes. We were then stopped at a stop light, she pulled in behind us, i looked over ar Ryan and ask him what she would think of being covered in tire smoke - he just laughed. When the light turned green, I gave her a little "global tire warming".
And I thought I was the one pissin off the prius drivers.
oilman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #103
MSG'

Drives: 2010 1SS Camaro
i traded in my hybrid for the SS hehe
MSG' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #104
5thGenCamaroChick
Hey y'all :)

Drives: Rosalee
Yesterday I had a 4th gen giving me hell for about 8 miles down the interstate. I don't know what he/she (couldn't tell) had done to the exhaust but it was very loud and sounded like chit. He/she would get right up beside me and ride even for a lil bit, then gun it and take off. Then they'd slow down and do it all over again. So, for 8 miles I had what amounted to a mammoth fly in my ear annoying the hell out of me. I'm not all that big on racing (if I was I'd have an SS) so I just shook my head and held my speed. On the flip side - I had a 2010 Mustang GT pull up beside me at a red light and give me a huge smile and a thumbs-up.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:45 PM   #105
FYRFTR02

Drives: Silverado
US should take a look at German motor vehicle lane usage. Illegal tooperate vehicle in left lane unless passing. All states should enforce vehiclular laws and administer the uniform speed law. "You may go no faster or slower than is reasonable and prper having due regard to the width of the roadway and the conditions there on" I live in an area where stop signs are optional and red lights mean hurry up and get thru it. This country needs stiffer enforcement of all laws and less bleeding heart entitlements and "thats" OK" pats o the back..
FYRFTR02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:34 PM   #106
RobH

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarick View Post
LoL it's all good :P

I'm just more amused at multiple Prisus's getting pissy enough to try and slow down the big mother nature raping V8, and was curious if it was just a Florida Prius thing rofl
They are nicknamed the 'Pious' for a reason.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #107
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang_Killer View Post
So far in the three weeks I've had mine I've had a GTO, Magnum, Charger SRT, G37, Lexus IS250, Caddy CTS-V and 2 Mustangs (Cobra & GT) pull up and want to race or give me some smart ass sneer. The four that were at a stop light I told them to meet me at the track and I would oblige them but that I didn't street race especially when the outcome was a foregone conclusion. Of course I wouldn't want to race the CTS-V anyway with the 550+ HP it is packing.

I've also found a note on my car upon exiting a restaurant saying that "Your need to feel better about yourself by owning this gas guzzler is helping destroy the environment." Probably a smart car or prius owner. Self righteous asses.
You must have a lot of mean people where you are. I have never had anything but smiles, waves, and thumbs ups around here. The worst some people do is ignore me completely.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #108
SumToyRacing

Drives: Red 2010 LT1 RS
I had some little punk in a black Civic try and mess with me on Sunday. I heard him behind me and thought it was a motorcycle rider who didn't know how to hit their shifts when all of a sudden this little p.o.s. comes by me giving me the finger. Needless to say, I blew immediately blew back past him, and when he finally caught up to the 20 car lengths I put on him, he got his own one finger salute right back.

Mine [8/10/2009] - 1LT RS / Victory Red / Black Interior
SumToyRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #109
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTengineer View Post
I know the kind like you .... always thinking the road belongs to you driving like an a-hole because obviously you need to get to your important multi-million dollar deal. If someone is doing the speed limit you have no business either tailgating me or weeping around me and cutting me off.

1) If you tailgate me in my old beater Camaro I will would make you eat my rear end (your fault, ticket, the works....)

2) If you tailgate me in the Z06 and try to pass me agressively I will force you to get back where you belong.

I can't freaking stand when some douchebag comes riding up my ass just to do a ricer flyby when I am doing the speed limit or even over the limit. And if you do not understand why this would bother responsible drivers ... doing this means I have to worry about not only the car in front of me but now also the dumbarse behind.
Thinking it is your right or duty to enforce speed limits is a well documented form of road rage. Stop riding in the left lane unless you are overtaking and you'll have a lot less people tailgating you.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:09 PM   #110
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Speaking of highway fun saw a blue 2010 camaro on the highway. i like that color it's like electric blue, anyway i was about to nod to him like "nice car" and he does a ricer fly by, now at this point i know it's not an SS because i couldn't hear it lol so he does a fly by at around what i would assumed to be 90mph as i was going 70mph cruising. i don't really care who passes me so i continue cruising, as it always ends he was going fast for no reason and actually ended up in the right lane and behind me towards the exit (going nowhere fast). that is all, i don't highway teenager race
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #111
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Have you ever thought you wanted the time back after reading some of these post. I do not know why I could not hit the back button, but I didn't. Now my head hurts!
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #112
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarick View Post
I've had them jump in front of me at 85 before :P

I was as surprised as you to find out that can go that fast, eventually...
This is called "drafting": the practice of two or more cars, while racing, to run nose-to-tail, almost touching. The lead car, by displacing the air in front of it, creates a vacuum between its rear end and the nose of the following car, actually pulling the second car along with it.

I knew there was no way Prius could do 85 MPH

The "Z": BBK Intake, 85 MM Power TB, Smooth Bellow, SLP Lid, K&N, SLP Panhard, Strut Tower Brace, Spec Stage 2+ Racing Clutch, MSD Wires, Performance Exhaust
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote