The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 09-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #57
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Today from the web... http://finance.yahoo.com/photos/the-...199548614.html

GM hoping to lure highline buyers of Porsche, Audi, BMW, MB, or Jaguar over to the new C7...
Attached Images

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #58
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Gen-Xer, married, no kids, can afford it...Chevy got me on this one; baited and hooked.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #59
RockDogz

Drives: Soon to be a 2014 Corvette Stingray
"There's a reason most BMW's are leased"

Not by much, standing at 54.1% so far this year. Corvette leasing is at 4.9%

Last edited by RockDogz; 09-26-2013 at 02:15 PM.
RockDogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #60
Kochaloch

Drives: C7 Z51, BENZ GLK 350, Titan
I'm 25 and have always had an eye for corvettes, ordered my C7 in august now that I can afford one.

8/20/2013 - 1100
1/16/2014 - 2000
1/20/2014 - 3000
1/24/2014 - 3300
2/10/2014 - 3400
2/14/2014 - 3800
2/26/2014 - Delivered!!!
Kochaloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #61
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Crap Article...

Plenty of kids (28 to 40+) that I personally know making 6 figures. The Tech Industry has been generous to those who earn a living doing it.

This car is going to get to a new crowd.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #62
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
if they want to appeal to young buyers here's the Big thing: Get it in a movie. Every hot car i can think of that comes out gets in a movie. Camaro was in Transformers. Aston Martin is wed at the hip to James Bond. The Audi R8 came out and it was in ....
IRON MAN.
maybe they can get it in Transformers 4. idk
I dunno if anyone responded, but it is in the next Transformers movie.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #63
Halo Super Cars

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
That has to be about the dumbest thing I've ever read, and completely contradicts himself.

We lust after the Countach(which I do) but we don't like flash? Which is it, cause you can't get any flashier than a Countach.

There's a reason I bought a house with a 3 car garage!

I could care less if GM is marketing the car to me, if I like it I like it. Who cares if all the previouse vette's sucked, which IMO all but the late 50's did! I would never even think of buying a C3-C6, EVER. Why in the world would that effect my buying a C7?

I'm 37, married, with a 2yr old son and I'm in a race to see which is getting here first, my daughter or my Stingray. Looks like my daughter will be born next week, but looks like 2-3 more weeks on the Stingray!
Halo Super Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #64
bowtie440

Drives: 2014 Stingray 1LT Coupe
Confessions of an old guy that is buying a C7

I just have to have some fun here, and explain why you see many of us old guys (I will be 62 in a few weeks) piloting a Corvette. There is a thing called life. For most of us, this thing called life brings responsibility and priorities to the table. I am sure that there are a boatload of stories out there that are very similar to mine:

Way back in the early 70's there was:
A white 63 convertible (what a beater!)
A red 68 convertible with two tops (still miss this one)
A brand spanking new silver 73 coupe (smog motor but still lots of fun)

Then in the mid 70's there was:
No corvettes
Marriage

Then there was:
35 years of marriage
Two beautiful fantastic children
Four colleges
Two grad schools
The care of three parents as they came to the end of their lives
The loss of three parents
A beat up house that had to be rebuilt from the subfloors up
A brutal recession, etc.

Then there was:
A 2010 Camaro (base 1LS)
No marriage
One grad school that Jr. is doing on his own via a scholarship (HOORAY!!!)

Then there was:
A 2014 Corvette Stingray (on order)

I finally made my way back to Corvettes.
It took forty years to get here.
What an incredible ride this thing called life has been.

My order went to status 3300 last Monday. Dealer says my C7 (non-Z51) should be here in about three weeks.

Last edited by bowtie440; 11-27-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Status 3300
bowtie440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #65
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & C7 Corvette 3LT Z51
this car is not expensive... how can you say it is expensive???? In my opinion it is "cheap"... Corvette at a ZL1 camaro price...my camaro cost me $20,000 more than this car... hence why I bought one for my wife...bottom line, they are a cheap sports car...but you get a lot of car for your money.
cheers!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #66
1BlinkGone

Drives: Any
Methinks the article would be good fodder for the outhouse. as an implement.
1BlinkGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #67
Buildbright

Drives: BMW, Mercedes
I don't think age has as much to do with it as does the "corvette guy" label. Its that's slow driving guy that wears a corvette jacket/hat, "talks" about how fast his car is, and threatens the valets.
Buildbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #68
tdp1

Drives: 2012 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7Z51 View Post
YA right – Ever drive a Countach? POS even back then. It was primitive at best.
The 911 turbo seems cool but it handled like pooh and had turbo log galore,
308 - fancy body and classic what can I say. Oh ya they were just as slow as the Vette at the time….and you could speed shift them

Makes sense but above he spoke about Countach, TT Porsche 911 and 308 Magnum PI mobile – all 2 seaters. If I wanted a slow S4 I would not be looking at the Vette in the first place. CTS-V!! OK I can deal with a family of four driving a CTS-V instead of the Vette – what’s his point – he lost me.

IMO he is all over the board. If you can’t afford a 60k Vette you can’t afford anything fun in the same 60k range. That includes the ZL1 Camaro or the 100k Audi in the other thread. If his point is GM wants to get the guys under 60 to purchase, GM never said they wanted people under 60 that don’t have 60k to finance. Again he lost me. GM had the Fiero which was the poor mans vette at the time. Those days are over. Show me a car in the same range or less that gives you the same bang for the buck all around.

WTF – Unless you are a celebrity that owns 3 or 4 or 20 gas guzzlers but drive a Prius once in a while to impress your fans (as if you really cared about a few tree hugging liberals) then no one drives a Prius to show they are successful. The same can be said for the Passat. It's a great car as is the Hyundai Genesis but the guys that buy those cars are not trying to or able to impress many folks with those vehicles. SORRY CHARLIE. To be honest, it all depends on which circles you travel in. As an example. Many people were never impressed with my GTR even when I was the first around to have it. BUT the ones that knew what it was would follow me like little kids and take snap shots. When I valet parked it at even the most fancy restaurants all the kids (and by kids I mean 18 to 25 year old car parkers) would move Ferraris and Mercedes out of the way to position the GTR directly in the front and then call their friends to come see it – it was crazy the respect that car got from the people that knew what it was. So in short the vette IMO is not intended to impress people that "I spent 60k on it" but to the right guy - they think this guy knows a great car when he sees it. Look at it like this everyone wants to race a Vette because it is a standard to which many want to be compared to. – That impresses me. The only thing I HATE about the Vette….everyone can have one. But that is also the reason why we all love it – it is in fact defacto the working mans exotic and every time GM brings out the latest version it’s that much better – count me in.

– I disagree. BTW I am now 45. I got my first Vette at 20 and never looked back. I would say of the vette owners I also hang out with, 95% of them are also in my age bracket not 60-somethings

Ok I would agree that many of the “kids” (under 50-something) probably are not sentimental about the Stingray history but they will dig the new modern logo. When I first read about the 2014 Vette I thought the paper indicated you could have a Stingray or a Z51. I wanted the Z51 package but also wanted the Sting Rays on the side of the car because I liked the look of them. I was pleasantly happy to find out I read it wrong and all the Vettes had the sting ray on them. They could call the new Vette a Fuego edition and I would buy still buy it if it represented the best Vette GM has to offer.

Setting aside this last paragraph, I can’t help but feel this guy drives a mid 70’s Porsche.
Someone has way too much time on their hands.
tdp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #69
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Im young. I bought a Vette..

Sent From The Q on the Galaxy S4
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #70
TorchahariC7

Drives: 2014 Z-51 Torch Red / Kalahari
Why C7's appeal to younger buyers

I am 33 years old and this 2014 is my 3rd Vette in 5 years. These are definitely appealing to a younger buyer, this car is amazing. It has astounding performance, cutting edge electronics, and beautiful looks. Keep up the good work Chevy!
TorchahariC7 is offline   Reply With Quote