Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #57
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Conversation would go something like this:

Dealer: Trent your car is in.

Me: Cool. I'll be there in like 10 minutes.

Dealer: Is is ok if we keep it for a few days? I mean, you haven't had it for 8 weeks now anyways...

Me: BLOW ME.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #58
35thLE SS

Drives: 79Z28 02SS
Since they lied to you I would let them have it for two days under these conditions.

1). They must set up a living space at the dealership for you to reside in view of your car while it is on display

2). They must pay all your lost wages while you are living at the dealership

3). They must provide 3 free meals a day plus snacks while you are there.

4.) You must meet with and approve of anyone who wishes to look at your car or come within 10 feet of it.

5). Free car cover

Just print out this list and see what they say.
35thLE SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #59
scomaro22

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS! ,'09 Genesis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35thLE SS View Post
Since they lied to you I would let them have it for two days under these conditions.

1). They must set up a living space at the dealership for you to reside in view of your car while it is on display

2). They must pay all your lost wages while you are living at the dealership

3). They must provide 3 free meals a day plus snacks while you are there.

4.) You must meet with and approve of anyone who wishes to look at your car or come within 10 feet of it.

5). Free car cover

Just print out this list and see what they say.
i think thats an aesome idea.....i say go for it and see what they say. The worst they can do is laugh at you, then you say, Ok, i'm taking it now then. Then the laugh is on them
scomaro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #60
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I have a great relationship with the dealership that I ordered my car from. That being said, I doubt that they would ever try to be dishonest with me about the status of my car.

I would go in and talk to the sales manager and let him/her know you were unhappy with the attempt at dishonesty the salesman tried to pull over on you. If you're willing to let them display the car, they should be open to your terms. If your trading in a car, you could get them to give you a larger amount for it to lower your payments, get a couple of "add ons", free window tinting, etc. This is where you actually have the upper hand on them. Make sure that they relize that when you're working out the deal to leave your car for XX days.

If you have a good relationship with your dealership, they should respect your wishes and take care of your car. If you don't get the feeling that your new investment will be in good hands, take her home.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #61
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post

Dealer: Is is ok if we keep it for a few days? I mean, you haven't had it for 8 weeks now anyways...

....and if he did? ....Opppsss did I just say that?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #62
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by N6504X View Post
Rally,

You see? He lied to you twice before reluctantly telling you why they REALLY wanted to keep it. That's what the ONE CAR PER DEALER car was supposed to be for but they probably sold that too. Anybody with enough of a brain to earn an income sufficient to wander in to look at a new car can imagine the little scoop on the front and the bigger wheels/tires. Go get your car!!

The funny thing is they have their dealer car also. It is a RY 2LT that they aren't selling for the first 90 days. Maybe they want a side-by-side comparison.

I emailed the saleman for a little more info.

There are an hour away but I think I'll still go by there tonight to get all the paperwork done. I may let them hold it for a day or so if everything is on the up and up which I currently have no reason not to believe.

All of my deal is in writing to include pricing, VIN, tracking, etc.
I would eat their lunch if they tried to screw me.
However, I don't believe that is their intention.

I wish he was more up front, I just think he knew I wouldn't respond well to leaving it there so he tried to use the inspections as an excuse

PICKED UP ON 5/12/09

RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:05 PM   #63
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
Why can't people just be honest anymore. It would be an easy answer he was straight forward with you. If what you say is 100% accurate then I would want the car now.
If there might be a slight variation in what you might have heard then I would leave it but have them agree to the detail end of it.

I agree with you 100%. They should have been up front with you right from the start. And they wonder why GM dealers have a bad reputation. I was going to offer my 67 to put alongside the Camaro at a local dealer here and then I had second thoughts since 1) they don't have a great reputation and 2) how do I know children won't be crawling all over it, purses and keys scratching it. Naw, no thanks.
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #64
mshaeffer

Drives: 1980 Camaro Z28
I know in Ohio from working at a few dealership (sales) that any and all cars inside the buildings (including the body shop and service department) HAVE to be unlocked and the keys are either in the ignition or easily accessible (within reach while sitting in the driver's seat). This was explained to me in detail by the fire marshal when we were setting up a new showroom. The reason, as explained to me, is because if there is a fire the fire dept will try and get all vehicles out if they can. If not 1 showroom could have 15-20 bombs just sitting there waiting to go off, not even counting what are in the service/body shop.

I would go and sign the papers and take delivery of my car.

Remember, MONEY TALKS!
mshaeffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #65
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyFever View Post
The funny thing is they have their dealer car also. It is a RY 2LT that they aren't selling for the first 90 days. Maybe they want a side-by-side comparison.

I emailed the saleman for a little more info.

There are an hour away but I think I'll still go by there tonight to get all the paperwork done. I may let them hold it for a day or so if everything is on the up and up which I currently have no reason not to believe.

All of my deal is in writing to include pricing, VIN, tracking, etc.
I would eat their lunch if they tried to screw me.
However, I don't believe that is their intention.

I wish he was more up front, I just think he knew I wouldn't respond well to leaving it there so he tried to use the inspections as an excuse
Hell they have one on the show room floor Hell no take your baby home no need to have another on the show room floor. I here her calling your name just head over sign papers and take her home.

If not I am calling the dealership and offering them $8k over MSRP to buy it right out from under you
Old 05-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #66
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I'd look at it like this.

Yes, it would help the dealer sell more cars.

Yes, it would help promote the Camaro in it's early days.

Yes, there is some small risk of getting food spilled or a scratch or something, but not likely.

But, having driven the CTF cars, I would say you should get some award for be patient if you don't go get your car.

If you leave it, go check the odo and make sure it isn't being "evaluated" in more than the showroom.

If you go get it, we want pictures and I wish you a great time driving it home.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #67
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I don't think the salesman is the true culprit; he just didn't know how to break the news to me.

He called too fast, I think.
After he let me know it was there and come and get it, someone told him to call me back.

Anyway, here is the latest email between him and I:

John,

When are the parts expected to be there? Tomorrow or Wed?

The issue I have here is that the recall was issued a week ago and the car has been scheduled to arrive for over a week.

Why wasn't this thought about before and the parts and/or tape in stock ready to go?

This isn't an Aveo; I've been waiting for a long time and I am disappointed that this wasn't handled a little better.

I plan to come in tonight to look at the car and to finalize all of the paperwork so when I do come to pick it up all of the formalities will be complete.

Is there going to be a problem with that?

Also, where will the car be kept and how many people does Country plan on letting in my car?

I went to a dealership a week or two back where customers were climbing all over a car that had been sold.

That was very unacceptable to me and I am curious as to Country's intentions??

Let me know what you think.

I'll see you tonight.

Chris

----- Original Message -----
To: "chris
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 3:33:16 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: Paint

Chris,

From what I understand, we are waiting for the parts for the recall prior to releasing the car. They do have a temporary repair in which they use a particular type of tape, however, we don't have the tape, but can get the parts by fedex. Rob, our service director will let me know when it is safe to deliver it. We don't want to have the thing die on you going down the highway or have a fire start in the engine compartment. Better safe than sorry. Hope to call you to come get it in a few days.

John

PICKED UP ON 5/12/09

RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #68
Sim7645

Drives: 2005 Chevy Cobalt
If they are selling it to you at MSRP id say do the favor for them. If its 5,000 above MSRP i would tell them to F****** K*** M* A**
Sim7645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #69
Smokintires
Great Member

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post

Ha ha ha that is the funniest thing i've read all day.
Smokintires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #70
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyFever View Post
I don't think the salesman is the true culprit; he just didn't know how to break the news to me.

He called too fast, I think.
After he let me know it was there and come and get it, someone told him to call me back.

Anyway, here is the latest email between him and I:

John,

When are the parts expected to be there? Tomorrow or Wed?

The issue I have here is that the recall was issued a week ago and the car has been scheduled to arrive for over a week.

Why wasn't this thought about before and the parts and/or tape in stock ready to go?

This isn't an Aveo; I've been waiting for a long time and I am disappointed that this wasn't handled a little better.

I plan to come in tonight to look at the car and to finalize all of the paperwork so when I do come to pick it up all of the formalities will be complete.

Is there going to be a problem with that?

Also, where will the car be kept and how many people does Country plan on letting in my car?

I went to a dealership a week or two back where customers were climbing all over a car that had been sold.

That was very unacceptable to me and I am curious as to Country's intentions??

Let me know what you think.

I'll see you tonight.

Chris

----- Original Message -----
To: "chris
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2009 3:33:16 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: Paint

Chris,

From what I understand, we are waiting for the parts for the recall prior to releasing the car. They do have a temporary repair in which they use a particular type of tape, however, we don't have the tape, but can get the parts by fedex. Rob, our service director will let me know when it is safe to deliver it. We don't want to have the thing die on you going down the highway or have a fire start in the engine compartment. Better safe than sorry. Hope to call you to come get it in a few days.

John

I would insist that no customers touch it, that it is roped off, and that no customers whatsoever are allowed in that camaro.

you've got to protect your car....just think how hard it would be to get another right now....

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote