Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-13-2018, 06:46 PM   #29
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
lolll!

A house doesn’t rust!!! Lol

Take a wrench and go under Sledge. You can literally hand wrench every nut/bolt/screw loose, with minimal torque effort. Even the rear muffler, even the wheel nuts. 5 year old car.

Try that with a 2 year old car from some humid place, driven daily through thunder storms, and hand wrenching is superceded by power tools to remove, lol.

Actually for the house analogy, I’ll tone it down, and say, two identical, both well taken care of, BUT one furnished and vacuumed, and one empty and not!

The former wins again at resale $$$$$
I live in SE coastal GA. It gets as humid here as it gets anywhere, and what you are saying is simply not true. Daily driven for just over 5 years. 62K+ miles on the clock. I have never used a power tool on the car. There is value to enjoying the performance of the vehicle, and that value is far greater than the small (if any) amount more you get for a car that has never seen rain. You might as well have a sculpture to look at. Things must be much different north of the border.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #30
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I live in SE coastal GA. It gets as humid here as it gets anywhere, and what you are saying is simply not true. Daily driven for just over 5 years. 62K+ miles on the clock. I have never used a power tool on the car. There is value to enjoying the performance of the vehicle, and that value is far greater than the small (if any) amount more you get for a car that has never seen rain. You might as well have a sculpture to look at. Things must be much different north of the border.
Oh I enjoy the performance of the vehicle all right!!! .

I just can’t do that safely in the rain! Lol!!

Not with a RWD, on slicks, muscle car lollll..

For that, the rain, long cruises, I’m fortunate enough financially, to have other riiiides for dat.

Actually, the amount of time I spend with Sledge, is only dictated by my schedule, otherwise I would drive it daily if I could, not because I want to stare at it, lol.

Dunno man...I lived “south of the border” Florida to be exact for 7-8 years. Was driving a blk Porsche equivalent to Sledge at the time. Circa 1989.

Nice car, but the Florida Sun, HUMIDITY(I lived a few miles away from the beach (7 min) , and last but not least, the Armor All (I was still newbie didn’t know better lolll) ALL literally ate that car up. German electronics hated Florida humid air circa 1989, hell even my TV wouldn’t last.

FWIW, Porsche anti rust proofing was STELLAR, but 4 years after I bought it new, the leather, the dash, any steel bolts holding anything like exhaust were toast.

Much less humidity here up where I am now, but alas the salt on roads....

Best place for Sledge and me is when we move to my place in Greece for good. Even less humidity at my private spot, but that is an other story.

What was the topic here, oh yes, OP asking if $tealer asking too much.

OP has much to chew on, research, research negotiate, research, compare, negotiate, enjoy.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:33 AM   #31
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Depends on how bad you want a 13'. 13' 1LE's were only made for 6-8 months and wasn't a well advertised option. Then the refresh occurred. So it's worth what you're willing to pay. 2013 1LE's are going between 24-30k depending on color and options. 1SS obviously being the lower.Most 2SS's are sticking between 26-30k.

Sorry for all you 14' and 15' naysayers but there's only 6 -13' 1LE's on cars.com and when I add 14-15 in the mix there over 50. Simple supply and demand. The 1LE option is holding value better than I ever thought possible. It won't last, but it's nice for me at the moment.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:50 PM   #32
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Depends on how bad you want a 13'. 13' 1LE's were only made for 6-8 months and wasn't a well advertised option. Then the refresh occurred. So it's worth what you're willing to pay. 2013 1LE's are going between 24-30k depending on color and options. 1SS obviously being the lower.Most 2SS's are sticking between 26-30k.

Sorry for all you 14' and 15' naysayers but there's only 6 -13' 1LE's on cars.com and when I add 14-15 in the mix there over 50. Simple supply and demand. The 1LE option is holding value better than I ever thought possible. It won't last, but it's nice for me at the moment.

Quoting this member, let me say it again;
2013 2SS RS, 14k miles, Recaros. In showroom condition. Make me an offer I can’t refuse
Old 06-15-2018, 08:39 AM   #33
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
Quoting this member, let me say it again;
2013 2SS RS, 14k miles, Recaros. In showroom condition. Make me an offer I can’t refuse
I already haz 1.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:09 AM   #34
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
You wont know humid until you are in Florida

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #35
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
I almost got a 15 Bright Yellow 2ss/rs 1le for 25k but they were 2k low on trade in. Cool car but not the deal I wanted

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:06 AM   #36
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I already haz 1.
I know. I’m just joking. Looks like we have similar taste in cars, 1LE and C7. I’m not selling either.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:30 PM   #37
Buckeye
Buckeye

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
I drove my 1LE home in the rain from Phoenix to Tucson 5 years ago when I bought it. Guess I really screwed the pooch on resale value?
5 1/2 years old with 19,000 miles on it. It's been in the rain more than once and I still get compliments on it.
Personally, I'd rather have an engine that's had regular oil changes, a power train that's not seen abuse, especially 1/4 mile at a time. A little rain; wash and wax the car and it's good to go.