#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #43
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factorypilot View Post
Moving on from my ‘16 SS, but I’m torn between a 2018 ZL1 or a 2014-15 GTR. Have not had a chance to drive the ZL1, but I have had the chance to drive the GTR and wow.... what a beast. Any thoughts guys? Anyone out there that has owned a GTR and can provide some insights?

Thanks in advance.
The ZL1 beat the GTR track edition. I did not see anyone mention that.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #44
GhostZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: ZL1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
The ZL1 beat the GTR track edition. I did not see anyone mention that.
If you are talking about the ZL1 1LE Nurburgring lap time, yes it did beat the GTR TE but not the Nismo. Still a VERY impressive feat. Hopefully the R35 will be discontinued this year. 10 year old tech still keeping up with the new game. Crazy.
GhostZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:35 PM   #45
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostZL1 View Post
If you are talking about the ZL1 1LE Nurburgring lap time, yes it did beat the GTR TE but not the Nismo. Still a VERY impressive feat. Hopefully the R35 will be discontinued this year. 10 year old tech still keeping up with the new game. Crazy.
No I am talking about Motor Trend on VIR testing. Randy is not a fan of the GTRif I remember correctly. This is all I have on my phone. Think it is Road & Track. There was a MT comparison as well.

Old 06-09-2018, 07:06 PM   #46
GhostZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: ZL1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
No I am talking about Motor Trend on VIR testing. Randy is not a fan of the GTRif I remember correctly. This is all I have on my phone. Think it is Road & Track. There was a MT comparison as well.

Sweet! Didn't see this yet. Hopefully there will be a side by side video in the near future. Love watching Randy's reviews.
GhostZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:37 PM   #47
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
Excuse me sir, when did you get those power numbers? You did not update us on that via post (or maybe I missed it). Nice job!

A buddy of mine felt the same way regarding the GT-R, bought one.. sold it, got something else.. sold it.. bought ANOTHER GT-R... then got bored again and no drives an NSX.

I seem to hear A LOT of people saying that the GT-R gets boring because it feels like ur playing a video game driving a fast car, as opposed to the way the GT-350 or ZL1 allows you more control of the car.

True, but remember, I do a ton of street racing and there has only been one car I felty comfy in at over 150 and that's the GTR. But, It is boring, but at the same time, still tugs at me cus I look back and I just felt like I left it too early. I was only FB0 E85. If i had one now, I'd build it to 1000 hp. But, the Zl1 ain't no punk either. The thing is, with DR's on the streets, once I hit 140ish, I have to back off. Thing starts getting a bit jumpy on me. haha. But good lord, the power off the hit is amazing. It's like taking a hit from a legit water bong then moving to a little one hit pipe. Love the Zl1 on the hit. And once I get this ProCharger on (fingers crossed), the hit will be even better.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #48
LordKevin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
True, but remember, I do a ton of street racing and there has only been one car I felty comfy in at over 150 and that's the GTR. But, It is boring, but at the same time, still tugs at me cus I look back and I just felt like I left it too early. I was only FB0 E85. If i had one now, I'd build it to 1000 hp. But, the Zl1 ain't no punk either. The thing is, with DR's on the streets, once I hit 140ish, I have to back off. Thing starts getting a bit jumpy on me. haha. But good lord, the power off the hit is amazing. It's like taking a hit from a legit water bong then moving to a little one hit pipe. Love the Zl1 on the hit. And once I get this ProCharger on (fingers crossed), the hit will be even better.
How does the fbo e85 gtr compare to the stock zl1?
LordKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #49
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
ZL1 new technology VS GTR old technology. ZL1 backed up by GM if you track it, Nissan doesn't do that. ZL1 all the way. GTR was great but it's time passed.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #50
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
From what I readed the GTR has great handling to many nannies. It's like a robocar fast but boring to drive it. Not a driver's car experience. More like playing a video game.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:04 PM   #51
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKevin View Post
How does the fbo e85 gtr compare to the stock zl1?

Bout the same. The power delivery is different. The GTR is linear. The Zl1 comes on hard on the hit. But, I was only stock for 200 miles on my Zl1, so I honestly forgot what it was like.

I can say this, I was out last night and this just shows you the respect the Zl1 is getting. Ran with my group last night, few Camaros and Hellcats. We ran across a group of 7 GTR's taking a break so we pulled in.

Not one wanted to run me. They looked it up and down and said nah............I'm like, come on. You have GTR's. They know what the Zl1 has. It ain't like it was b4. We even had Bumberas Coyote out with us, 900+. They wouldn't run him either. They wouldn't even run Roy's SS which is basically FBO w/150 shot. But, anyhow, we burned off.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:48 PM   #52
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Bout the same. The power delivery is different. The GTR is linear. The Zl1 comes on hard on the hit. But, I was only stock for 200 miles on my Zl1, so I honestly forgot what it was like.

I can say this, I was out last night and this just shows you the respect the Zl1 is getting. Ran with my group last night, few Camaros and Hellcats. We ran across a group of 7 GTR's taking a break so we pulled in.

Not one wanted to run me. They looked it up and down and said nah............I'm like, come on. You have GTR's. They know what the Zl1 has. It ain't like it was b4. We even had Bumberas Coyote out with us, 900+. They wouldn't run him either. They wouldn't even run Roy's SS which is basically FBO w/150 shot. But, anyhow, we burned off.
Woah, time out, now you're going ProCharger? Atta boy.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:57 AM   #53
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Woah, time out, now you're going ProCharger? Atta boy.

Well, if my buyer comes through on my blower set up yes. If not, we go back to nitrous. Deal is supposed to get done today. I won't be waiting around either so. I don't mind keeping the stock blower as we plan on going stock on the lower, trimming the heat down, adding an ice tank. That should solve my heat soak problems. Then, with the nitrous, that should really keep temps down so. We shall see what happens. I'm selling my whole set up for $6500 installed and tuned so. That basically leaves me paying just $5k for the Procharger and install and tuning. I'm going with the bad boy race set up Procharger. Forgot exactly which one it was. Sorian is hooking us up. Either way, I'll be in the 900's w/nitrous. Maybe 1000 with Pro Charger.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #54
solarstingray

Drives: 2014 c7 corvette and 2017 camaro ss
my biggest concern would be the warranty ,
solarstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #55
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Well, if my buyer comes through on my blower set up yes. If not, we go back to nitrous. Deal is supposed to get done today. I won't be waiting around either so. I don't mind keeping the stock blower as we plan on going stock on the lower, trimming the heat down, adding an ice tank. That should solve my heat soak problems. Then, with the nitrous, that should really keep temps down so. We shall see what happens. I'm selling my whole set up for $6500 installed and tuned so. That basically leaves me paying just $5k for the Procharger and install and tuning. I'm going with the bad boy race set up Procharger. Forgot exactly which one it was. Sorian is hooking us up. Either way, I'll be in the 900's w/nitrous. Maybe 1000 with Pro Charger.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #56
Bill_76

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2018
Drove a GTR 2017 with 2k miles, that maybe he wants to trade with my ZL1 A10...I did not like it, it does not feel any solid than the ZL1, not worth the difference......so after that I decided to start the mods, I'm waiting for the parts and the shop has scheduled to install everything on July 1st:

Coilovers
ARH 2" long system (no cats) connected to NPP
Metco Lower pulley 9.1
Rotofab CAI
Spark plugs
TM TB (just installed a few months ago)...let see if we reach 620/640whp in the mustang dyno on 93...
Bill_76 is offline   Reply With Quote