Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 05-26-2018, 06:04 PM   #85
Jonnydz

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Edjtyre where are u finding new 1les for 33? Please let me know asap.
Jonnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #86
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydz View Post
Edjtyre where are u finding new 1les for 33? Please let me know asap.
In the V6 section.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:11 PM   #87
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by slythetove View Post
Are you going to track more than a few times a year? If not there’s no point in paying for PDR. The car is my daily not a track car and it’s awesome. For reference I traded a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport for my 1LE. No regrets.
Come on. I can't believe you changed a C7 GS for a SS1LE it would sound more logical for a 6th. gen ZL1
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:27 PM   #88
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Come on. I can't believe you changed a C7 GS for a SS1LE it would sound more logical for a 6th. gen ZL1
Lol! I was shopping for a 2018 GS, but was at the top of my car budget and having a back seat allows me to drive it more often with the entire family (wife riding shotgun, 5 yr old son in the back. 1LE fit the bill better and saved a ton of cash. Although it isn't my DD, the backseat versatility for the kid is great. I still want a GS, but the 1LE is is fantastic.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:01 AM   #89
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

After reading these posts it make very good sense to me. Before I wanted always the best handling car that I could buy, and it was because there was a local PCA track where I could enjoy my car'shandling, but now my local track its closed, the local roads are all boring straight lines not a joy for spirited driving, and now that I bought a Stingray with the Z51 handling package (similar to a 1LE package on a Camaro), its just a waist of $, because I can't get the juice of its handling potential and replacement parts are more expensive (brakes, tires, etc). It all depends on where you are going to drive your car and your driving style. This is a great post to make you think about your best choice of sport car. and do instead a smart buy.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:03 AM   #90
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
It’s interesting how many 1LE owners switched from a Corvette. I did too (a C6 with Z51), but owned a GT 350 (ugh) and an M2 (boring) in between. I just decided this time to go for the best performance per dollar vehicle I could find, and with all of the incentives available pushing the price under $40K, the 1LE was a $20k better deal than the ‘19 C7 GS I wanted. So, the 1LE was a no-brainer.

The magnetic ride for the 1LE is just fine around town and on the lousy streets here that are paved with potholes, and there are a lot of options for setting the suspension, steering, exhaust, etc., to your liking - plus, the car is just fun!

50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 08:58 PM   #91
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
but owned a GT 350 (ugh)
I have to ask, why the 'ugh' comment?
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:12 PM   #92
50MileSmile

The short version: The first one I ordered had paint so bad more than half the car had to be repainted by the dealer. I refused delivery. The replacement allocation Ford got for the dealer was the one I kept for a year. The first time I washed it, paint came off the passenger door. A recall for an oil line (and no parts available to fix it) kept it parked for about 6 months. Overall quality was terrible. I sold it the day after the oil line was fixed. To be fair, the engine, exhaust note and suspension were incredible - but continuing problems many other owners were experiencing reduced my interest in keeping it to zero. I have never been more disappointed in a car in my life. Stuff happens.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:29 AM   #93
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
The short version: The first one I ordered had paint so bad more than half the car had to be repainted by the dealer. I refused delivery. The replacement allocation Ford got for the dealer was the one I kept for a year. The first time I washed it, paint came off the passenger door. A recall for an oil line (and no parts available to fix it) kept it parked for about 6 months. Overall quality was terrible. I sold it the day after the oil line was fixed. To be fair, the engine, exhaust note and suspension were incredible - but continuing problems many other owners were experiencing reduced my interest in keeping it to zero. I have never been more disappointed in a car in my life. Stuff happens.
Sadly, this is an all to common story. Such an amazing engine/suspension package as you mentioned.......sad they cant get their sh!t together from a quality perspective.

For the price they charge for the car, they really should be providing the customer with a better product.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:04 AM   #94
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Sadly, this is an all to common story. Such an amazing engine/suspension package as you mentioned.......sad they cant get their sh!t together from a quality perspective.

For the price they charge for the car, they really should be providing the customer with a better product.
They say the same stuff about the Camaro over on the Ford forum. Heck, I've heard the same kind of horror stories on here about the Camaro.

Neither of them are perfect.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:41 AM   #95
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
They say the same stuff about the Camaro over on the Ford forum. Heck, I've heard the same kind of horror stories on here about the Camaro.

Neither of them are perfect.
No you haven't. Horror stories yes, the same kind as the S550 and GT350....no.

Last edited by ST1LE; 06-08-2018 at 10:11 AM.
ST1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:08 AM   #96
50MileSmile

I have the brand loyalty of a three-toed sloth, which is to say none. I buy whatever interests me at the time. Having owned a couple of Mustangs and a couple of Camaros, IMHO the Camaros are much better than the Mustangs in terms of quality. Perfect? No - but pretty good.

My Xpel installer tried to talk me out of installing the PPF on the GT350 I owned for a year because the paint was so bad. The joke was that Ford used 3rd graders to paint the GT350s with brushes, but when they upgraded the paint shop they gave the kids rollers to get a better finish.

I believe the GT 350 community invented the term "paint boogers." (And the panel gaps were pretty awful too.)

I don't want to get too far off-topic here, so back to the previously scheduled discussion ...
Old 06-08-2018, 11:06 PM   #97
Cgocifer

Quote:
I have the brand loyalty of a three-toed sloth, which is to say none. I buy whatever interests me at the time. Having owned a couple of Mustangs and a couple of Camaros, IMHO the Camaros are much better than the Mustangs in terms of quality. Perfect? No - but pretty good.

My Xpel installer tried to talk me out of installing the PPF on the GT350 I owned for a year because the paint was so bad. The joke was that Ford used 3rd graders to paint the GT350s with brushes, but when they upgraded the paint shop they gave the kids rollers to get a better finish.

I believe the GT 350 community invented the term "paint boogers." (And the panel gaps were pretty awful too.)

I don't want to get too far off-topic here, so back to the previously scheduled discussion ...
Ok, that is pretty shoddy right there. Is it just the GT 350s? Dont they get painted along with all the other Mustangs? My wife had a Ford Explorer and had to have the hood replaced under warranty because the paint was coming off the aluminum. That thing was a heap. Got rid of it after a year and a half. I had a 2010 F150 with a painted bumper and within a year, the paint was flaking off and had rust bubbles.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:11 PM   #98
Cgocifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
No you haven't. Horror stories yes, the same kind as the S550 and GT350....no.
Correct, not identical, but complaints none the less. Panel gaps, misaligned interior and exterior trim, paint runs, dirt in the paint, mechanical and electrical issues, thin paint on black cars, etc, etc.

My point is that none of these cars are perfect.