Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2018, 12:48 AM   #99
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Bring the whole shit show back to Canada so we can straighten this whole thing out.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:21 AM   #100
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
What 5th generation refresh taillight dilemma? The 2014-15 taillights hark back to the 1969 taillights, while making the vehicle appear lower & wider. Quite an improvement.
Have you missed the dozens of threads debating whether the '14-'15 taillights look awesome/like crap? That's what I'm referring to. The 5th gen refresh was a take it or leave it sort of thing. People either loved it or they hated it. Not to keep bringing up the past but the '10-'13 looked very close to a '67-'68 Camaro rear end too. Arguably more like the '67-'68 than the '14-'15 looked like a '69, but that's a different argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Bring the whole shit show back to Canada so we can straighten this whole thing out.
At least let's get the designers back to the roots of the Camaro and away from whatever this '19 thing is.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:35 AM   #101
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
That front end refresh is really bad, like really really bad. The car lost a lot of its character and heritage with this redesigned front end. It doesn't look like a Camaro anymore.
No opinion is set in stone. Market share will determine whether the refresh is a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Move on to what? Looking like every late model CUV import? Camaro has heritage and you have follow those design rules.
Move on with the evolution. The only rule is to maintain styling cues, while designing what will sell to the current generation.
There have been worse, such as the 1998-2002 & 2016-18 models.
Attached Images

PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:52 AM   #102
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Have you missed the dozens of threads debating whether the '14-'15 taillights look awesome/like crap? That's what I'm referring to. The 5th gen refresh was a take it or leave it sort of thing. People either loved it or they hated it. Not to keep bringing up the past but the '10-'13 looked very close to a '67-'68 Camaro rear end too. Arguably more like the '67-'68 than the '14-'15 looked like a '69, but that's a different argument.
I didn't miss the debates; I simply felt they were silly.
Many individuals are critical of models that aren't theirs: the early 5th generation are critical of the late 5th generation & vice versa, the whole 5th generation are critical of the whole 6th generation & vice versa, now the early 6th generation will be critical of the late 6th generation & vice versa.
Personally, what does or doesn't appeal to me isn't based on a sense of 'heritage', but on what works style wise. I'd love to see a retro model based on the 1970 SS/RS, but realize the chances of it happening are slim to none.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:03 AM   #103
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Styling is subjective to the beholder and that's obvious with heads exploding over on the C6 forum. I welcome new technology in our cars or I would not have bought the best Z/28 made by GM. The power, performance and handling are beyond my capabilities and anything more would never be used. She's a keeper!

But, styling is something that can and will change based on trends. GM has to change the styling in order to continue to sell to those that want it. You aren't wearing the same style haircut or clothes from the sixties are you? Some of us don't like change for change sake and that is some of what we are seeing and hearing in this new refresh.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:14 AM   #104
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerfan2 View Post
A 2.0 1LE? Way to ruin the 1LE GM. It should have been kept as a unique upgrade to the SS only. Talk about milking it.
It wasn’t limited to SS before anyway... ZL1 1LE
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:19 AM   #105
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin15 View Post
But, styling is something that can and will change based on trends. GM has to change the styling in order to continue to sell to those that want it. You aren't wearing the same style haircut or clothes from the sixties are you? Some of us don't like change for change sake and that is some of what we are seeing and hearing in this new refresh.
Well said.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:26 AM   #106
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
+1 LOL.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 07:52 AM   #107
TintcoatTrooper

Drives: '10 RJT 2ss *RIP* '13 CRT 1ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
It wasn’t limited to SS before anyway... ZL1 1LE
In 2013 it was exclusive to the SS then they threw it on the ZL1 and V6 and now the 2.0.... IMO they messed it up.. but it makes mine that much better since it was the first year the 1LE was back and the lowest Prod. 1LE available ..it use to be a package most camaro owners didnt even know about and now its a trim level package like the RS...
TintcoatTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:16 AM   #108
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TintcoatTrooper View Post
In 2013 it was exclusive to the SS then they threw it on the ZL1 and V6 and now the 2.0.... IMO they messed it up..
Now your crossing generations, that doesn't make any sense. It was never on an SS before '13

3rd gen was IROC-Z
4th gen was Z28

AThey brought back an obscure RPO code that didn't sell in the first place. I think they failed bringing the code "1LE" back in 2013, as they had a chance to start fresh and create a brand name that could resonate with buyers today. 1LE doesn't do that, it's not catchy. Enthusiasts know, but the most people in the market don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TintcoatTrooper View Post
but it makes mine that much better since it was the first year the 1LE was back and the lowest Prod. 1LE available
Production numbers won't make a difference, 30 years from now collectors won't care
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:39 AM   #109
69 SS 350 5 Speed

Drives: 69 SS Camaro 2019 Corvette GS Vert.
Collectability relies on several factors. Desirability, rarity, and originality. What someone is willing to pay will dictate the market value, not what you think it is worth. You can have a 1 of 10 built turbo 4 car that won't mean crap 25 years from now versus an unmodified ZL1 with low mileage even though there are a lot of ZL1's out there. The COPO Camaros with any kind of drag racing pedigree will command the highest prices because they will represent the rarest of the rare and meanest of the mean.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:51 AM   #110
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Now your crossing generations, that doesn't make any sense. It was never on an SS before '13

3rd gen was IROC-Z
4th gen was Z28

AThey brought back an obscure RPO code that didn't sell in the first place. I think they failed bringing the code "1LE" back in 2013, as they had a chance to start fresh and create a brand name that could resonate with buyers today. 1LE doesn't do that, it's not catchy. Enthusiasts know, but the most people in the market don't.

Production numbers won't make a difference, 30 years from now collectors won't care
Camaro, Mustang & Challenger models from the 1960's & early 1970's became collectible because people drove & trashed them - relatively few survived. Today, many people have the 'it'll be a collectible' mentality & are literally storing them in warehouses. When the cost of maintaining them in such condition & inflation is taken into consideration, it's best to enjoy them because they won't be worth it. My belief is that the only 5th generation trim that'll become truly collectible is the Z28. COPO models are more rare but not street legal, so the market for them will be extremely limited too.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #111
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
They just built them there, they didn’t do the designing or product planning or marketing there so it wouldn’t matter..
Old 04-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #112
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
They just built them there, they didn’t do the designing or product planning or marketing there so it wouldn’t matter..
Gm needs to get this man back asap ! He was the lead designer for the 5th gen Camaro. Sangyup Lee
Attached Images

orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote