Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-05-2018, 07:08 PM   #1121
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Blk1LE View Post
Quote:
Chandler posted that there were two trim levels of Camaro on stage. A lower trim, and an SS. They had different front fascias, giving each a unique look. That’s as opposed to the current car, which pretty much looks the same in each trim. What he didn’t say was if the fascias would be engine or trim related. He did say that they had LED running lights and auxiliary lights, and that the SS had an extraction hood.
Umm.... the LT and SS’s do have different fascias so you can tell the two apart. And the current version has LED accent lighting and the SS has an extraction hood. None of this is new unless you are describing the 5th gen to 6th changes. Lol
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:09 PM   #1122
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I’m walking around at NYIAS right now. Should I stick around?
You can go now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Soon is a relative term around here... All I said was not Friday.

No one has more skin in this one that I do right now and I've waited since last July when I canceled my 1LE order to wait on a 2019. If I don't see what I want in this refresh I will continue to wait or just get an 18.

My hopes are new colors. Carbon Ceramic brake option and maybe a better calibration on the torque management, but not holding my breath.

What I fear is we get that LT5 or Z/28 in 2020. That seems like a natural progression.

So we sit back and wait...
Old 04-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #1123
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by travislambert View Post
Last year would have probably been early, but they sure missed out on the big auto shows this year. And who knows if the '18 sales would be less. There are probably several customers who would buy an '18 now if they simply knew what was coming for '19 and didn't have a strong desire for the new features. Don't forget the sales they are potentially losing to competitors in the meantime. Some recent buyers of the Mustang/Challenger may have opted to wait for a '19 Camaro, who knows.

Maybe you're right, but let's not make this personal. .
Fair enough. I almost waited for the refresh. But finally found too good of a deal on a 17... But. If I find another good deal on a refreshed SS with a 10speed transmission I might bite. I like my manual but my previous back injury is liking it less and less. :/

And my bad if that came off as personal. That’s not really how I meant it. I’m just an ass.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:42 PM   #1124
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
No matter whether you get a 2018, a 2019, or later, there will always be a better version right around the corner until they cancel it... lol I'm going to enjoy my 2018 for years to come despite the fact that it won't be the newest kid on the block much longer. Having the latest and greatest version every time a new version comes out isn't a priority for me. However, it probably would if I were rich but then I probably wouldn't have a Camaro... lol!
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:47 PM   #1125
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I honestly don't think that a majority of buyers out there are waiting for a '19 refresh to purchase. I don't believe it will have a significant impact on sales.
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:54 PM   #1126
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
I honestly don't think that a majority of buyers out there are waiting for a '19 refresh to purchase. I don't believe it will have a significant impact on sales.
Hey, I get it. It's nice to wait when it's this close so that you dont have the "man, I should have waited..." situation. But that can go on and on if you let it. Folks who get the 2019 will always have the thought of a completely new generation looming right around the corner.

I always tell myself I'll wait until the next gen of a car comes out but then it's like, well, I'll wait for year 2 when the bugs are worked out, then you get close to a refresh, and then... lol
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:03 PM   #1127
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
People on this forum will tend to do that... but you're right. The masses will wait til they hit the lots, but a refresh will typically cause a spike in sales. I guess time will tell.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:48 AM   #1128
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Chevy released Pictures of the facelifted Malibu, Spark and Cruze. The same styling elements of this new frontend will surely be on the Camaro too.
Attached Images

samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:18 AM   #1129
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
Chevy released Pictures of the facelifted Malibu, Spark and Cruze. The same styling elements of this new frontend will surely be on the Camaro too.
WOOF

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 01:18 AM   #1130
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Some people won't want to admit it, but you're right.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:30 AM   #1131
samurai

For comparison the previous models already shared elements with the Camaro, especially the Cruze

Last edited by samurai; 04-06-2018 at 07:34 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:46 AM   #1132
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
I do not think the refresh appearance is bad. What is concerning is that GM is going to a CVT with the 1.5L. A couple more pics at link as well. https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2...let-malibu-rs/
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 03:59 AM   #1133
SliChillax

Drives: Camaro ZL1 A10, F-Type R, RR Sport
Quote:
Any interior shots? The rear lights of the Malibu seem similar to the ones we've seen in the spy shots of the Camaro.
SliChillax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:05 AM   #1134
samurai

No interior shots atm. But rear lights will definitely be more angled inwards like the leaked Corvette ones

I will try to make a new frontend rendering based on the new cruze this Weekend