#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #71
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So you guys think the Demon is slow because a modded ZL1 beat it? Really guys? I mean, that is the dumbest shit I've heard. The ZL1 with those mods probably has more HP to the wheels and is about 400 pounds lighter. So it walks away from the Demon and automatically that makes the Demon "slow". Ok so when a Mustang fanby shows up with a modded and boosted GT and beats a ZL1 then I'll guess that ZL1s will be slow at that point too right?

And while everyone was fapping to this video it seems like nobody noticed that the Demon was short-shifting like a MFer. Still in the break-in period perhaps? Look at that last race and see how short he shifted those gears. I can go WOT and stay in gear much much longer than that in my HC. So I'm just sayin, if any of you wanna think the Demon is slow or that this video is somehow a representation of how racing them will go then you are mistaken. Get that Demon out of break-in period, put both of those two cars on a road with less traffic, let them get an actual run instead of this sloppy nonsense in the video and I think this entire story might be different. Remember, the Demon has 808 HP. I don't care about the weight, if anyone thinks that 808 HP in a Muscle Car is slow then you're in the wrong hobby.
Not going to lie Blaq, nice to see you calling out some of teh camaro faithful and telling it like it is lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The car just came out. Give it time. Remember what our ZL1 fast list looked like early last year? You gotta give people time to get these cars, get thru the break-in period, get to the tracks a few times, and then see what they do. It isn't like they were just released today and next week they'll all be in the 10s and 9s. Once people have seat time and get used to the car I am sure we'll be seeing some really fast time slips.
True ^ and from what I have read the launch control process for the Demon does seem to be a little involved. I am sure it takes a bit of seat time to get it dialed in to where you know exactly what you are doing.

Hey Blaq, since you are giving demon's benefit of doubt with seat time why not give some to 18 Mustang lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Funny. I remember Hellcat Fans thinking it would perform as a track car as showcased by Ralph Gilles chasing a guy in his CTS-V at Grattan Raceway during the lead up to its production release

I don't remember Hellcat fans thinking it would be a track star. I remember them saying the car can at least make turns because people here made it seem like the Hellcat cornered as good as a match box car lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #72
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
That would be exiting to watch when it got to turn 1.

This is the sole reason the Demon exist. To quote Metallica, "Nothing else matters".

motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:34 AM   #73
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
I'd be willing to bet a wide track demon with 4 drag radials wouldn't do as bad on a track as people seem to think.
Compared to what?? put the same drag radial's on all 4 corners of the competitors car and the Demon will be put to shame just as bad on a road course track. In the Demons defense, will we ever see a OE factory mass produced , emissions compliant, safety and crash compliant, registerable, car with a warrantee be built in the same weight range and horsepower range and be as quick in the 1/4 mile . All for 86K, I think what dodge created is amazing. Just think, a 4400 lb mustang with 840 hp or a 4400 lb 840 horse Camaro that are as compliant as the Demon is, that has the potential to run 2.3 to 60 or 9.65 in the 1/4 in 2wd configuration. The 2019 755 horse ZR1 that is 800 lbs lighter with the 8 speed auto only runs 10.6's
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:59 AM   #74
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Compared to what?? put the same drag radial's on all 4 corners of the competitors car and the Demon will be put to shame just as bad on a road course track. In the Demons defense, will we ever see a OE factory mass produced , emissions compliant, safety and crash compliant, registerable, car with a warrantee be built in the same weight range and horsepower range and be as quick in the 1/4 mile . All for 86K, I think what dodge created is amazing. Just think, a 4400 lb mustang with 840 hp or a 4400 lb 840 horse Camaro that are as compliant as the Demon is, that has the potential to run 2.3 to 60 or 9.65 in the 1/4 in 2wd configuration. The 2019 755 horse ZR1 that is 800 lbs lighter with the 8 speed auto only runs 10.6's
Calm down. I didn't compare it to anything or say it's better or on par with any other car. I just think some of you die hard people are hell bent on downing a car without looking at the big picture. We live in a time where a muscle car comes with over 800hp and people still complain.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:10 AM   #75
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
. We live in a time where a muscle car comes with over 800hp and people still complain.
People complain when receiving free stuff these days. What do you expect? When someone doesnt like something, they will alway find failure with it no matter how good it is or how many different ways someones tries to show them different. It's just how humans are built. You are on a Camaro forum. You cant expect everyone to be cheering the Demon on here. I know I would certainly take one, but Im not a one brand man.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:28 AM   #76
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
I think you guys are imagining most of the so called "hate" here. I'm a person who looks past the obvious and doesn't bother mentioning it. Makes no sense to talk about how cool it is that somebody is building an 800+ HP car off the showroom floor. The car is being built, it's being sold, why mention it? The things I'd rather discuss are the performance of the cars. Somebody on Corvette Forum with a stock A8 Z06 just ran neck and neck with a Demon for 2-3 passes in a row. The Demon driver had the skinnies on and I assume he'd have the 100 octane tune in it if so as I think that's all part of the crate. The owner wasn't getting below 10.6 all night, supposedly he mentioned having 50+ passes on the car that weekend. I don't know about you, but I think 10.6 and 9.6 are a LONG ways apart. I mean, seriously. Better air and maybe a test driver and you're going to take an entire SECOND off of a run?

*Here's the part where I try to un-offend the Dodge fans*

Sure it's cool that the car has so much power and drag racing features off of a show room floor. But it's not living up to Dodge's numbers at all. I think 9s have been reached by a few owners, but it's been 9.9s as far as I've seen, and all of them ran in great air, skinnies, 100 octane, trans brake, etc. I have a problem with cars that don't even come close to manufacture advertised times. Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, and even late Chevrolet's have had little problem running much faster than advertised. Hell, even the Hellcats run quicker than dodge said. Why didn't they follow suit with the Demon? Call it a 10.0 car and then when an owner clicks off a 9 it will be wild.

That's all...
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #77
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I don't remember Hellcat fans thinking it would be a track star. I remember them saying the car can at least make turns because people here made it seem like the Hellcat cornered as good as a match box car lol
I agree that the sentiment wasn’t widely held but similar to guys blindly defending the Camaro on this Camaro board, there was/is a segment that come here to post crazy assertions from the other side.

My position has been that the Camaro is the most well rounded and attainable performance car of the three. It does everything well with a warranty

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:59 AM   #78
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Somebody on Corvette Forum with a stock A8 Z06 just ran neck and neck with a Demon for 2-3 passes in a row. The Demon driver had the skinnies on and I assume he'd have the 100 octane tune in it if so as I think that's all part of the crate. The owner wasn't getting below 10.6 all night, supposedly he mentioned having 50+ passes on the car that weekend. I don't know about you, but I think 10.6 and 9.6 are a LONG ways apart. I mean, seriously. Better air and maybe a test driver and you're going to take an entire SECOND off of a run?
You're passing judgment on a car based off of what someone said on the corvette forums about a car 3rd hand. This is why cars get a bad name. "so and so ran a 10.6 said by someone on a forum about someone nobody knows so none of them can run 9's". For all we know he was on the 91 tune because it's his daily. Not saying they are running the times they are supposed to run, but come on.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:07 AM   #79
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
And roll racing the Demon will kill a ZL1, usually a stock hellcat will also.
I wont speak for the Demon, but the ZL1 will not get killed by a Hellcat roll racing.... not unless it's a manual, and even then, it all boils down to the person knowing how to shift...
Old 04-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #80
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I agree that the sentiment wasn’t widely held but similar to guys blindly defending the Camaro on this Camaro board, there was/is a segment that come here to post crazy assertions from the other side.

My position has been that the Camaro is the most well rounded and attainable performance car of the three. It does everything well with a warranty
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 11:58 AM   #81
bigmike32172

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
People complain when receiving free stuff these days. What do you expect? When someone doesnt like something, they will alway find failure with it no matter how good it is or how many different ways someones tries to show them different. It's just how humans are built. You are on a Camaro forum. You cant expect everyone to be cheering the Demon on here. I know I would certainly take one, but Im not a one brand man.
"People complain when receiving free stuff these days."
Awe come on now.... let's not start a debate in here against the tens of millions of illegals in America.
bigmike32172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 12:20 PM   #82
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
You're passing judgment on a car based off of what someone said on the corvette forums about a car 3rd hand. This is why cars get a bad name. "so and so ran a 10.6 said by someone on a forum about someone nobody knows so none of them can run 9's". For all we know he was on the 91 tune because it's his daily. Not saying they are running the times they are supposed to run, but come on.
If a real life story like that from one person is enough to "Give a car a bad name" then I seriously doubt their mental strength.

Besides that, that account is just adding to the evidence is all. Physics and logic are not in the Demon's favor to be a 9 second car. I said that on release day and I'll say it until many owners are running 9.6-9.9 all day long.

C7 Z06s have been as fast as 10.4 on stock rubber/bone stock. But no one is calling a C7 Z06 a low-mid 10 second car in stock form. They call it a high 10 second car and it rips mid 10s every once in a while. The Z06 was claimed to be a 10.9 second car and it has gone as fast as 10.4 and most owners can easily hit 10.8s or faster. The C7 ZR1 is claimed as a 10.6. Watch how C7 ZR1 owners reliably run 10.6, hero runs as low as 10.0 or maybe even 9s, and most owners coming in the 10.4-10.5 range. 6th gen ZL1s were claimed to be 11.4 second cars, and yet owners have been 10s and 11.0-11.1 with regularity. Hellcats I believe were claimed to be 11.5 second cars and yet they can run 10s regularly enough.

The Demon is a claimed 9.6 car. So far, no one can come close. That's what I call marketing BS. Just like I did on day one.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:09 PM   #83
Aliveguy5

Drives: 2017 Red Hot ZL1
Very well put!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
If a real life story like that from one person is enough to "Give a car a bad name" then I seriously doubt their mental strength.

Besides that, that account is just adding to the evidence is all. Physics and logic are not in the Demon's favor to be a 9 second car. I said that on release day and I'll say it until many owners are running 9.6-9.9 all day long.

C7 Z06s have been as fast as 10.4 on stock rubber/bone stock. But no one is calling a C7 Z06 a low-mid 10 second car in stock form. They call it a high 10 second car and it rips mid 10s every once in a while. The Z06 was claimed to be a 10.9 second car and it has gone as fast as 10.4 and most owners can easily hit 10.8s or faster. The C7 ZR1 is claimed as a 10.6. Watch how C7 ZR1 owners reliably run 10.6, hero runs as low as 10.0 or maybe even 9s, and most owners coming in the 10.4-10.5 range. 6th gen ZL1s were claimed to be 11.4 second cars, and yet owners have been 10s and 11.0-11.1 with regularity. Hellcats I believe were claimed to be 11.5 second cars and yet they can run 10s regularly enough.

The Demon is a claimed 9.6 car. So far, no one can come close. That's what I call marketing BS. Just like I did on day one.
Aliveguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 01:24 PM   #84
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
And roll racing the Demon will kill a ZL1, usually a stock hellcat will also.
Wow!! The least scientific/accurate form of racing...too many variables.