Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-17-2019, 09:52 AM   #85
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Did you pay ADM to get your ZLE? To be special? You sound like a Shelby buyer.
Another well put comment.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:53 AM   #86
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by North of You View Post
So you regret buying one because you didn’t make money off buying one? So it’s all about the $ you may or may not have made, and not about the car that disappointed you?
I'm unhappy that Chevy made claims and went back on them.

It isn't about the money. I've taken major hits on every car I've purchased.

I wanted something over the top special, and I don't believe I got that.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #87
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

TheRedHead doesn’t deserve the vehicle. Anyone in it for the money doesn’t deserve a vehicle like this. This car was built for car enthusiasts and speed freaks.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:01 AM   #88
Badgerbimmer

Drives: ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedhead View Post
I regret my ZL1 1LE.

Not for any performance or quality reasons. I have driven high performance Ford's for almost 20 years. This is my first Chevrolet. It will probably be my last.

I was dead set on a 17 Grand Sport. I figured the car would be around $65k, give or take a bit, but I had seen a few around the area and it became less of a want, but still pretty cool.

Garrett and Cooper from 1320 Video did the live reveal from Daytona on the ZL1 1LE, and I knew I wanted one. Hearing what the car was, that it was slated for limited production, AND ONLY AVAILABLE WITH THREE PEDALS had me sold.

Welllllllll...

All of that turned out to be complete bullshit. I had one of the first 100 cars ordered...which was supposed to be one of 750. Production almost tripled that. Now, the A10 being available just totally ruined the nuance of the car for me.

That's why my value is completely tanked. I feel lied to and cheated. Sure, I get that it's a rational set of moves to maximize dollars, but it's not the same car I purchased and was promised.

2012 Audi S4
1992 Porsche America Roadster
1990 BMW 325Ic
Badgerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:02 AM   #89
Rodan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 coupe
Quote:
The ZLE is over the top special.

What it's not, is exclusive... it is a Camaro after all. If you want exclusive, go buy a Ferarri. And then whine when the ZLEs are pounding you on the track...
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:05 AM   #90
TheRedhead

Once again,

It wasn't about the money. I paid full retail for it.

My regret is not purchasing the Corvette. I probably don't deserve the car, sure. The A10, is faster, sure. I sound like a baby, sure. I absolutely purchased the car that was on the order.

I should have pulled the trigger on the Grand Sport, dumped the 15k into it, and had a personalized vehicle that has all the personalities that I'd want in one.

I must be insane because I strictly remember the 750 figure thrown around about two years ago. I also recall a few interviews with Al about the car being a handshaker only.

Once again, my brain could be playing insane tricks on me.

It isn't about resale value. If I keep the car for 40 years, I'll think about resale value. I sold my 14 GT because it was a me-too car. I feel like I've purchased another me-too car, which it wasn't supposed to be. Maybe, I should swallow my pride and just get a 488 or something, and be REALLY SPECIAL.

I guess it's just a matter of buyer's remorse that I didn't pull the trigger on the Vette when I should have.

Built!
Old 03-17-2019, 10:11 AM   #91
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
That's why my value is completely tanked. I feel lied to and cheated. Sure, I get that it's a rational set of moves to maximize dollars, but it's not the same car I purchased and was promised.
Quote:
Once again,

It isn't about resale value.

I guess it's just a matter of buyer's remorse that I didn't pull the trigger on the Vette when I should have.
You are simply contradicting yourself with the two former statements. Had you simply stated the latter, you would not be receiving all the replies that you have.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:16 AM   #92
North of You

Drives: 2007 Honda Civic
Quote:

I don’t want harp on this too much, but, you are surprised that a major corporation placed their profits above their original promises and threw u under the bus?

I like to collect art as well, and the best piece of advice I ever received was...buy it because u love it, not because you may make money off it in the future. If in 20 years you sell it and make money, fantastic. If you sell it and you don’t, then it doesn’t matter because you enjoyed it for all those years just the same.

Enjoy the car, have fun, the fact is you will loose money on most if not all cars.

“If it flies floats or fuc$s, rent it”.
North of You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #93
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

The car you own is so over the top special. and an insane value!

Enjoy it. Anyone that knows cars, knows that it is a monster!
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:39 AM   #94
TheRedhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
You are simply contradicting yourself with the two former statements. Had you simply stated the latter, you would not be receiving all the replies that you have.
I have thick skin.

The resale value is tanked. That's a fact. I just stated it.

This isn't a foreign concept. Other manufacturers did it. Shelby did it with the GT350R. Porsche is NOTORIOUS for this.

Built!
Old 03-17-2019, 10:48 AM   #95
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I regret my ZL1 1LE.

Not for any performance or quality reasons. I have driven high performance Ford's for almost 20 years. This is my first Chevrolet. It will probably be my last.

I was dead set on a 17 Grand Sport. I figured the car would be around $65k, give or take a bit, but I had seen a few around the area and it became less of a want, but still pretty cool.

Garrett and Cooper from 1320 Video did the live reveal from Daytona on the ZL1 1LE, and I knew I wanted one. Hearing what the car was, that it was slated for limited production, AND ONLY AVAILABLE WITH THREE PEDALS had me sold.

Welllllllll...

All of that turned out to be complete bullshit. I had one of the first 100 cars ordered...which was supposed to be one of 750. Production almost tripled that. Now, the A10 being available just totally ruined the nuance of the car for me.

Sounds like a Rolex would have been a far better purchase for you.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:53 AM   #96
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Once again,

My regret is not purchasing the Corvette. I probably don't deserve the car, sure. The A10, is faster, sure. I sound like a baby, sure. I absolutely purchased the car that was on the order.

I should have pulled the trigger on the Grand Sport, dumped the 15k into it, and had a personalized vehicle that has all the personalities that I'd want in one.

I must be insane because I strictly remember the 750 figure thrown around about two years ago. I also recall a few interviews with Al about the car being a handshaker only.

Once again, my brain could be playing insane tricks on me.

It isn't about resale value. If I keep the car for 40 years, I'll think about resale value. I sold my 14 GT because it was a me-too car. I feel like I've purchased another me-too car, which it wasn't supposed to be. Maybe, I should swallow my pride and just get a 488 or something, and be REALLY SPECIAL.

Don't worry you're already special. I see more Vettes on the road than I do ZL1's, you won't be special in any of them. You have a ridiculously fast car that a very small amount of people can personally afford and even smaller amount would want to own and you're griping about some nonsense. There's what 4-6K in the US? That's pretty damn limited.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #97
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

I work for a large construction company. I bet at least a dozen guys have Grand Sport Corvettes . 5 or 6 that I know of have Z06s. Not a single guy has a ZL1. Never mind a ZL1 1LE. The guys I have told to that I ordered one didn’t even know about the 1LE package.
Grand sports out number 6th Gen Camaro’s about 30-1 around where I live.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:22 PM   #98
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
So reading all of this makes me laugh as it’s as special of Camaro as you can get. Really think about it, it’s a camaro. Now as far as cars under 100k it’s pretty bad azz. You will not find another car as well rounded for under that.

I’d rather have my Z than a vette. I see more vettes than Camaros. Heck, I see a dozen more mustangs to Camaros. Bring any mustang ever built and the Z will destroy it in every category of performance. Now don’t bring up, “what if I put a Procharger on the mustang argument bc I can just say I can put a Procharger on the Z and we are all aware of 1000+ hp Zs that are being done all the time.

Now if you want a real special camaro have the ring brothers or roadster shop build you a first Gen Camaro and that would be crazy special and one of a kind.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote