Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-01-2019, 01:08 PM   #29
Jrpontiac

Drives: 2017 ss convert
Just picked up a 17 SS convertible, with the factory F1 tires it is awful. Worst car I have ever driven in the snow. Needed a small push from here to get going. I've had it for a couple weeks and haven't been able to drive it because of the weather. Locked away in the garage waiting for the snow to melt. Suppose to be below freezing for the next 10 days so it won't be anytime soon.
Attached Images

Jrpontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:42 PM   #30
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrpontiac View Post
Just picked up a 17 SS convertible, with the factory F1 tires it is awful. Worst car I have ever driven in the snow. Needed a small push from here to get going. I've had it for a couple weeks and haven't been able to drive it because of the weather. Locked away in the garage waiting for the snow to melt. Suppose to be below freezing for the next 10 days so it won't be anytime soon.
You are running the eagle F1 Asymm's? Don't drive it in ANY snow. Even if you could get going, stopping is dangerous. Heck, my AWD WRX had a hard time getting going with Sportmaxx RT's on it... and stopping? Forget about it. Put X-ice's on and could outrun any truck in the snow.

I have performance all seasons on my SS and it trudges through just about everything. Tires make all the difference in the world.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #31
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
The winter beater gett'n down.
Nice, I got the same wheels but in flat black... 265/40/19 Pilot Alpin all around and 7mm spacers up front. Will take pic soon...
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #32
TnR 4ever 4ever 16 Vert

Drives: 2016 2 SS Vert
Its because Im old school and prefer to drive the car, rather than the car control me. I hate traction control stability control and most of all ABS should be a way to permanently disable them. Speed limiter makes no sense as well. I also stated I don't generally drive it far in the winter, but when I do Im not wanting the car to stop me from having fun that's what they are built for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
So you'd rather be in a car constantly trying to swing it's a$$ out? Also, a car that doesn't have a concentration of weight over the drive wheels? It's just a matter of time before you get on a surface that the stability control can't manage.

That literally makes no sense.

This is one of those rationalization threads where "well, I bought it, so it must be good!".
TnR 4ever 4ever 16 Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:24 PM   #33
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrpontiac View Post
Em... if you have the summer tires on there those tires should be wrapped in a warm blanket indoors near the fireplace this time of year.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #34
Vanquish
Banned

Drives: 2018 2SS
Silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
Projection at it's finest

Behave with your bad self.
Vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:30 PM   #35
Jrpontiac

It is tucked away. Drove it from Seattle to Spokane a couple weeks ago, which is about 250 miles and across the Cascades. There was a 24 hours window in which I managed to get across the state. Snow has been a big issue here in Washington the last month. 2nd most snow in Spokane last 126 years - 30 inches. 5th coldest at 21 degree average. Not the best month to pickup a convertible.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:31 PM   #36
Jrpontiac

It is tucked away. Drove it from Seattle to Spokane a couple weeks ago, which is about 250 miles and across the Cascades. There was a 24 hours window in which I managed to get across the state. Snow has been a big issue here in Washington the last month. 2nd most snow in Spokane last 126 years - 30 inches. 5th coldest at 21 degree average. Not the best month to pickup a convertible.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:52 PM   #37
Cmax

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS FIFTY convertible
Thankfully mine isn’t a daily driver. I dodge puddles to keep mine clean in the summer.
Back in the day I had more than 10 1st and 2nd gen Camaros, and they were horrid in the snow and ice.
Cmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:10 PM   #38
nitrojedi

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS Convertible
To me its just a car( a fantastic car ) ..I make a big payment and I want to drive the car as much as possible..its going to depreciate at the same rate and I feel I get my moneys worth by actually using it...I Will likely keep the car for 3 years and upgrade to something else...I work in sales at a large Chevy/GM/Buick dealership so I get some killer prices... my car listed at 59K CAD, I paid $47,500 and got 1.49% finacing....it costs me $700/month, my demo was costing me $480/month ( taxable benefits equivalent )..so it was a no brainer for me...
Attached Images

nitrojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:36 PM   #39
The_sim

Drives: 2016 2SS, NGM, M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrojedi View Post
To me its just a car( a fantastic car ) ..I make a big payment and I want to drive the car as much as possible..its going to depreciate at the same rate and I feel I get my moneys worth by actually using it...I Will likely keep the car for 3 years and upgrade to something else...I work in sales at a large Chevy/GM/Buick dealership so I get some killer prices... my car listed at 59K CAD, I paid $47,500 and got 1.49% finacing....it costs me $700/month, my demo was costing me $480/month ( taxable benefits equivalent )..so it was a no brainer for me...
I'm impressed Neal!! Mines been put away since the beginning of November. We've had a crazy winter here in Winnipeg. Can't wait for April to get it out. If you guys ever sell a camaro 1LE or ZL1 to someones that wants to upgrade the wheels from new, I'd be interested in their takeoffs.
2016 2SS Nightfall Grey Metallic | M6 | NPP | MRC | NAV | Brembo 6-Piston Brakes | Rotofab Dry Filter w Sound Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Secondary Cat Delete | GM Front Splitter | C7 Carbon ZL1 Side Skirts | GM Taillights and Third Brake Light | Black Bowties and SS Badges | ZL1 Addons Deluxe Rock Guards | Diode Dynamics Side Markers | Sto N Sho Front Plate | All Bulbs Upgraded to LED |
The_sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:35 PM   #40
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
They are great in the winter. I have the all-seasons and they do fine. In my area we haven't really gotten anything crazy for a winter (I am completely okay with). It gets annoying having to clean two cars every other day because a centimeter of snow hits the ground and 40 inches of salt is on the roads in return, it gets pretty annoying. Add the fact I swear not a lot of humans can drive when snow hits the road.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:07 AM   #41
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
I daily drove my '13 V6 with a 6 speed and Michelin Ice X tires through two MI winters with zero issues. Did better than my '19 GMC Terrain on stock tires...lol. Stock tires SUCK. If you want to get around in the winter you must be equipped appropriately with designated winter tires. No need for fancy AWD or FWD, in my opinion.

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:20 AM   #42
Bluecyclone

Drives: 2014 Cyclone mustang
Ice driving

I learned to drive in winter conditions in Memphis,TN. I learned "Ice" driving in a triangle condo complex with an 83 Buick Regal rwd. These newer cold weather or all season tires must be fun but I am on the coastal bend of Texas and rarely see snow.Enjoy!
Attached Images