Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-17-2017, 12:55 PM   #29
douglas2742

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSkyCode View Post
Both of the soldered parts you see are both stoppers (in my pic). The one I drilled first was the original stopper before chevy made it even less reclinable. Right above the gear you should see atleast one welded spot. Drill this or both out until the the other side pops. Sit in your seat holdind the motor button down while putting all your weight on the back of the seat, it SHOULD break free (some pople have issues but I dont think they pushed hard enough. I needed a lot of force!). The welded spots above the motor are safe to drill out. Dont drill out the motor! lol
Thanks
1SS, Recaro seats, A8 w/paddle shift extensions, NPP, Magnuson 2300 supercharger, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and x-pipe, factory handling kit, Phastek lowering springs, Alpine sound system w/JL sub, Lexani custom 21" wheels, Michelin Super Sport 4S tires, Bigwormgraphix striping, Chevy Performance Brembo big brake kit, darkened taillights and Remin carbon fiber dash kit.

douglas2742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #30
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas2742 View Post
On the '18 models?
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic lol
Old 07-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #31
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Lexus was just sued last year for a person who was critically injured due to having their seat fully reclined when an accident happened. Even though the owners manual advises to not drive with the seats reclined Lexus was still found at fault.

That's ridiculous. If you intentionally do something stupid and get hurt you shouldn't be able to sue for it. Idiots like that ruin it for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #32
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
That's ridiculous. If you intentionally do something stupid and get hurt you shouldn't be able to sue for it. Idiots like that ruin it for everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
indeed. But taking responsibility for your own actions is not something we reward or teach in the US ...and for the most part, the rest of the world anymore.

Though, i think driving tests being stupid easy for anyone with a pulse to pass is the primary way these idiots get behind the wheel in the first place. Make them much harder. Then only people who actually care will be able to drive and they will be much less inclined to do stupid things and blame it on the tools they're misusing.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #33
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Pretty sure he was being sarcastic lol
Spot on.....
Old 07-26-2017, 05:55 PM   #34
gomezcorp
CWOARMY

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Seat Recline

Quote:
Finally got it to work! I drilled out the other pin and pushed back hard on the seat and the other side popped out! I now LOVE my camaro. I felt so uncomfortable driving around before (I'm a leaner! lol), and it really bothered me.

Here are some pics, the sear leans ALL the way back now.

Seat leaning: Plastic guard is off in the pic, no its not broken.
https://imgur.com/URySOO4

Drill Holes:
https://imgur.com/BhyirC6
https://imgur.com/6pZvTtD

When attempting this be very careful with the drill. I knicked some of the plastic in my car not being as careful as I should. You don't notice it unless you look for it in person. but still BE CAREFUL.

If anyone knows the part number or name of the part I knicked (that plastic foot molding?) let me know, It just pops right off (no screws), VERY easy to replace.. Stupid me.
So did you remove the seat to drill out the other side pin or did you leave the seat in and drilled the rear pin only on the right side? Please reply back to my email rgomez1228@gmail.com as I am trying the same thing. I check/opened the area today and see those 2 welded pins!!
gomezcorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #35
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomezcorp View Post
So did you remove the seat to drill out the other side pin or did you leave the seat in and drilled the rear pin only on the right side? Please reply back to my email rgomez1228@gmail.com as I am trying the same thing. I check/opened the area today and see those 2 welded pins!!
Nope, I just drilled out the two pins on one side. I then sat in my seat and pushed back VERY hard while pushing the recline button until the other side broke free. The next day I found the other two pins on the ground under the seat. Don't be scared to use some force on your seats when you are trying to break the other pins, nothing will break, these seats are strong. Its a great feeling when you can recline ALL the way back. Good luck
Old 07-26-2017, 09:21 PM   #36
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Nope, I just drilled out the two pins on one side. I then sat in my seat and pushed back VERY hard while pushing the recline button until the other side broke free. The next day I found the other two pins on the ground under the seat. Don't be scared to use some force on your seats when you are trying to break the other pins, nothing will break, these seats are strong. Its a great feeling when you can recline ALL the way back. Good luck
If your seat motor fails...and some have failed. GM will blame the issue on that to keep from using warranty.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #37
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I'll be doing this modification, except I'm going to take my time and remove the seats and drill both stops out.

Pushing against it, while engaging the power seat motor, to pop out the inner stops..... just seems like asking for a boatload of trouble.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:37 PM   #38
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
If your seat motor fails...and some have failed. GM will blame the issue on that to keep from using warranty.
The added comfort is worth that small risk. Good to note though. Id just throw a shit storm if they blame it on that, I think Id get them to replace it with enough complaining.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:39 PM   #39
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I'll be doing this modification, except I'm going to take my time and remove the seats and drill both stops out.

Pushing against it, while engaging the power seat motor, to pop out the inner stops..... just seems like asking for a boatload of trouble.
The pins are weak when one sided, I honestly dont think there is a reason to remove the seat. Everyone I know has done it this way and not a single issue yet. Though, If you have the time and the means to do a full seat removal, best of luck! That would be the best way for sure.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:29 AM   #40
Cerberus_SS

Drives: 2018 camaro ss
Hi I'm new to trying to do this I drilled the hole but didn't go all the way through it stopped at some point and even switched bits any advice on how to drill it straight through?
Cerberus_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:41 AM   #41
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
any one have info on full seat removal?
like all bolts and if air bag is a problem I want to do this mod but also I want to address a squeaky clutch pedal and it is impossible to contort myself to do it correctly.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:26 AM   #42
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Ill be trying this on my pass Recaro seat since its already off for mexico night...

@Biker2K, theres two torq bolts on the rear seat rail and the front just has hooks.
If i recall correctly the bolts are T45; just removed them un plug the big yellow connector under the seat and un hook from the front using a tilting forward while sliding back motion takes no longer than 5 mins...

Oh and the side airbag bolt is the same as the bolt in the rails... unbolt, unplug the airbag (purple connector) and slide out towards the top.

Tags
mod, seat