Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-16-2016, 07:32 AM   #1
ssinister_l99

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Summit White
non rs to rs headlight conversion (high beam issue)

So this whole lighting thing has been a disaster for me I knew nothing about wiring until the great people in the community have educated me a little bit. This one has me stumped. I bought a brand new non-rs to rs halo always on harness from gen 5 diy. I put in that lights and try the high beams, first time only drivers side worked. So I pulled fuse and tried again. Then only the passenger side works. Now knowing they both work I'm assuming it's the harness. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated, sorry for all the questions on this thread just trying to get it right. Couldn't find too much updated info on this topic. Thanks!

ssinister_l99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:54 PM   #2
ssinister_l99

Bump

Old 03-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #3
ssinister_l99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgedizzle View Post
I've done the swap without gen5's harness and made my own. Personal reasons.

Anyhow. The green/blk wire on the headlamp (pin c) should be wired to the old headlight plug's high beam wire which I believe is the blue wire. Easy enough to test that in the harness.
Okay thanks man I'll try that

Old 03-16-2016, 03:44 PM   #4
tmaleck

Drives: Replacement 2SS 'Vert 67 Cutlass
I have a similar issue on my 2015, curious to see what you find.
tmaleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:31 PM   #5
ssinister_l99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaleck View Post
I have a similar issue on my 2015, curious to see what you find.
ill let you know, hopefully people can answer us here

Old 03-17-2016, 11:36 AM   #6
ssinister_l99

Bump

Old 03-18-2016, 06:19 AM   #7
ssinister_l99

Bump

Old 03-29-2016, 01:00 AM   #8
Dblock5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I am actually having the same problem right now. Turn on my car, and the high beams are on right away but the blue light in the car isn't on. So when I go and turn my "high beams" on, the driver side light goes to low beam, but the passenger side light doesn't do anything. I'm gonna try and pull a fuse but I'm not sure if that's going to work.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:33 AM   #9
Oscarc2011

Drives: Camaro V6
I also did the non-RS to RS conversion and bought harness #2 from gen5. At first I noticed that only my passenger side worked, so I thought it was my headlights so I switched sides but noticed that the issue was still only on the passenger side. At this point I realized it was something with the harness, I contacted gen5 and they gave told me to switch out the two relays and that way you can rule out if the harness is faulty. I did this and the issue didn't change so I had a faulty harness, gen5 then sent me a replacement and my issue was solved. Maybe we were the unlucky ones and got faulty harnesses. Overall all gen5 was very helpful!
Oscarc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 11:49 AM   #10
Dblock5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I sent them an email on Monday but haven't got a reply back yet. What's a good email to reach them at?
Old 03-31-2016, 12:07 PM   #11
Graphicsgod

Drives: 2015 Manual Hot Red 2LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarc2011 View Post
I also did the non-RS to RS conversion and bought harness #2 from gen5. At first I noticed that only my passenger side worked, so I thought it was my headlights so I switched sides but noticed that the issue was still only on the passenger side. At this point I realized it was something with the harness, I contacted gen5 and they gave told me to switch out the two relays and that way you can rule out if the harness is faulty. I did this and the issue didn't change so I had a faulty harness, gen5 then sent me a replacement and my issue was solved. Maybe we were the unlucky ones and got faulty harnesses. Overall all gen5 was very helpful!
Yeah he's a good guy with good products, just every now and then this stuff happens.. I just wish he would a sale on his website and I would be all over it !!
Old 06-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #12
OlyRavioli

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Old post, but I am experiencing something similar. Everything turns on correctly, but I do not have any low beams, only high beams. I have a feeling I am doing something dumb....
OlyRavioli is offline   Reply With Quote