Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-18-2024, 04:42 PM   #1
SS_Dave

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Re-gearing

So, if you swap from stock 3.45 to 3.91 in an M6 car, is that going to throw off the speedo? Wondering if so, how much for considering having it corrected.
SS_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 04:55 PM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
http://www.csgnetwork.com/rgpspeedcalc.html
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 04:59 PM   #3
SS_Dave

Uggg... Wasn't thinking about it. Now, I guess I need to add that to the bill $$$.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:54 AM   #4
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
When I had my avalanche tuned, I told them the wrong gear ratio. I thought I had the 345 gears, turns out I had the 410 gears... Speedo was off by 10mph. Drove me crazy.

If you have a tuner who already tunes your stuff its fairly easy to flash a small change like that into the tune. They will probably hook you up for some beer money. Or if you don't have a local tuner, HP tuners credit is $100 plus the tuners fee for going in and making the change.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:13 AM   #5
SS_Dave

Yep. I pinged the shop that previously tuned the car. They said no problem, they wouldn't charge.
Old 04-21-2024, 02:57 PM   #6
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
What software for tuning done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Dave View Post
Yep. I pinged the shop that previously tuned the car. They said no problem, they wouldn't charge.
I wonder what tuning/re-flash software they use… I’m aware of all of the flash tuners that we can buy, which are ALL OBDII-based, and simply function on a handheld flasher/tuner device.

I have yet to see one that doesn’t allow one to recalibrate for different gearing and tire/wheel combinations. Also, you can simply adjust only THOSE parameters and leave everything else as is, so you’re still basically stock ECU/ECM wise, only with a recalibration that doesn’t affect anything engine management wise.

I recently went with HP Tuners MPVI 3, and I love it; it’s just very complicated for some to learn, if you’re not a person who will take time to study the software and other car-related tech and computer tech stuff.
TheBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 05:43 PM   #7
rdavis

Drives: 2012 SS
Most tuners will do minor updates for free of charge if they have already tuned your car. Or most all handheld tuners have the option to change the ratio for the speedometer.