The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #155
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
A tip of the hat and a big smile at the decision....'cause if I went any further, I'd break our own politics policy.
I SECOND that!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:32 AM   #156
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I really want to try out the xD. Looks like a really good hand cannon.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #157
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
alright I have a question for you guys. I am looking into buying a pistol in the near future. I want a polymer gun and a 9mm (skip the knock down power argument, 2 in the chest one in the head it wont matter the size of the hole you will still be dead. Plus when I go shoot its nice to have hi-cap mags). Basically I am down to XD/XDm (preferably m) or the berreta PX4 storm. I have shot the XDm and really like it, I have not shot the PX4 but my dad recently won one in a sporting clays tournament that Im sure he would let me shoot. My question is what are your pros and cons or personal preferences?
I have shot the XD. It's not a bad gun. Nobody I know or have heard of has a px4 storm, so I can't comment on that.

I have used glock for 10 yearsish now and would never consider anything else. (Except a kimber .45)
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #158
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
What do you guys think of the Glock 21 short frame?

Any FHE?
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #159
Scrappy Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post

Any FHE?
I have played with 1 in a gunshop, but never fired it.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:22 PM   #160
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:

Any FHE?
It's not short frame, lol..it's slim frame. They slimmed up the grip in key area's, the biggest from backstrap to trigger. They didn't shorten the frame at all, however, slimming up the grip did shorten the trigger reach by 3/16" of an inch.

Massad Ayoob's article on the 21SF, slim frame, is what got me to purchase mine. I carried it as a duty weapon for a year. Mine had the standard rail, no picatinny, and still maintained the ambi mag release. I later bought the 30SF to wear on my ankle, but it didn't have the ambi mag release.

The grip slimming was just enough to make it a great big bore. I really loved the ambi mag release, as pulling my index finger off the trigger to drop the mag is a bunch faster then using my thumb.

I got rid of the 21SF and the 30SF when I changed departments. They issue G22s. The 21SF is a bit too big, even slimmed down some, to carry concealed, as is the 30SF. So my G23 now handles that duty, as well as being my ankle gun.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #161
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
It's not short frame, lol..it's slim frame. They slimmed up the grip in key area's, the biggest from backstrap to trigger. They didn't shorten the frame at all, however, slimming up the grip did shorten the trigger reach by 3/16" of an inch.
Incorrect sir. SF = Short Frame. They didn't slim the grip side to side. The frame from the web of your hand to the back of the trigger guard is 3mm shorter than the standard 21. The width of the frame is the same.

This picture should illustrate what I'm talking about.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #162
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Incorrect sir. SF = Short Frame. They didn't slim the grip side to side. The frame from the web of your hand to the back of the trigger guard is 3mm shorter than the standard 21. The width of the frame is the same.

This picture should illustrate what I'm talking about.

Yep, exactly what I said, the trigger reach is shorter, as illustrated by your pictures.

The grip frame was slimmed up, not shortened. If it was shortened, it would classify it as a compact, ala the 30, which has a shorter, top to bottom, grip frame. The SF is slimmer all the way around, not just the backstrap to trigger, although that is the key measurement.

You know what's funny? I just googled Glock SF, one website shows slim frame in the address, but short frame in the page. I guess we are both right, and both wrong, lol.

BTW, Massad Ayoob calls it a slim frame, was the first article ever out on it. That's why I call it a slim frame, and IMHO, it fits better then short. Again, short to me is top to bottom, slim is the diameter, width, girth, whatever.

Semantics, gotta love'em!!
Old 07-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #163
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Glock 26 vs Springfield XD 9 subcompact.

I'm looking for something for concealed carry and from what I've looked at and handled I've narrowed it down to one of these two. Anybody have any serious recommendations for one or the other?
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:45 PM   #164
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
What do you guys use for hearing protection? If you say none, you are ignorant.

I use the Peltor Tactical 7S electronic ear muffs and Sparkplug earplugs at the same time, for a combined NRR of 58 db.

I'm young and I already have some hearing damage, so I make sure to protect the hearing that I have left.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #165
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post

I use the Peltor Tactical 7S electronic ear muffs and Sparkplug earplugs at the same time, for a combined NRR of 58 db.

I'm young and I already have some hearing damage, so I make sure to protect the hearing that I have left.
Depends on what I'm shooting. For most stuff I just use those foam ear plugs but when I shoot my AR or my dads .45 I also wear some ear muffs.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:32 PM   #166
Scrappy Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Glock 26 vs Springfield XD 9 subcompact.

I'm looking for something for concealed carry and from what I've looked at and handled I've narrowed it down to one of these two. Anybody have any serious recommendations for one or the other?
I swear by glock, but you can't go wrong with either of those two.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:58 AM   #167
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post

Two pillows and a belt!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #168
monstertodd

I wear muffs and foamies. They work great.

Tags
camaro gun