Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-11-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
jcharrier

Drives: 2013 2lt rs
Fabberge twin turbo review/A new beast is born

Hey everyone just letting y'all know this twin turbo kit is a beast , been sitting on my floor for a while and got lethal racing in laffyete la to install it for me they had very good customer service could text or call whenever you needed .. My first thought when I heard it crank was holy 🙊 this thing sounds beast , I previously had solo hfc and npp dual mode exhaust with a fuse pull and with the down pipes and turbos installed it was still a hell of a lot louder , sounds just about perfect not too loud but not subtle either .although the kit made far less power then the add states it is rated at 460 hp and 420 pounds of tourqe when placed on the dyno for 2 pulls I made 403rwhp and 395 rwtq the first pull and 406 the second . I'll get the dyno sheets emailed and post them later on. Although somewhat disappointing I was still overly satisfied and learned they installed this kit with a boost controller to pick up the boost which they left out on their info but keep in mind this is only at 7 psi and can be upped to 14 with the canned tune so a $300 investment in a boost controller would make it just that much more of an animal . Other mods on the car at the time were a ported throtle body , jacfab manifold spacer, airaid tb spacer
Attached Images

jcharrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Nicely done dude. Glad to see it's together. How'd that exhaust and BOV sound? everything you wanted?

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
5ohcamaro

Drives: 2012 black 1LS Camaro
Im so glad you did a write up on this today, I've been more convinced to go with fabberge in the near future. So was it dyno'd at 14psi as well?
Old 12-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #4
HP Turbine
Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ohcamaro View Post
Im so glad you did a write up on this today, I've been more convinced to go with fabberge in the near future. So was it dyno'd at 14psi as well?
He didn't get a boost controller. For some reason IPS never mentions the boost controller to people. He's just on springs. my springs made 8.5# I don't know why he only got 7# on this build.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
Old 12-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
It reads as if his kit was installed with a boost controller, but is only set at 7psi, with the ability to go up to 14 to me?

Very cool jcharrier! Looking forward to seeing the dyno sheets, and hearing more about what you think about the kit.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:01 PM   #6
jcharrier

The bov sounds amazing like the car is having an orgasim as you must already know ha and around 2000 rpm you can really hear that pressure pushing through the turbos sounds like a mini jet engine , just giving it a little gas gives my car a powerful bass note in the cab like my subs are on and you can feel the power just waiting to be unleashed .I'm in an automatic and I also noticed I could rev pass 5000 rpm instead on the usual 3 didn't try to rev it any harder though . I'll get my friend to help me record some videos soon aswell and post them if I can figure out how <~ not so tech savy ... I'm not 100% sure on what my final boost setting was to be completely honest I was told by IPS that the springs are good for 6-8 so I just split the number and said 7 all
Old 12-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #7
Jason@JacFab

I'm not sure but I think you are the first person with an automatic to get this kit, which is why the numbers might seem lower? They would be higher on a manual transmission car.

Something else to think about is every dyno will read different, but the important thing is that the car is safe to run.

Did they happen to do a baseline dyno run before the turbo kit was installed?
Old 12-11-2014, 10:09 PM   #8
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Very cool, can't wait for mine! I would also love to see the Dyno sheets. Congrats man.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:12 PM   #9
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
The club is growing!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #10
jcharrier

Thank you and yea you'll love it, no I didn't install the boost controller I just have a air fuel ratio and and boost gauge ( in the mail) hp turbine was actualy the prototype for this kit and he is an auto he achieved the 460rwhp but at 12 psi If I'm not mistaken with the controller , Infact it's the opposite I don't think there's been any manuals to get the kit it states on the fabberge website they are looking for a manual test car , unfortunately my piggy bank was running low and I skimped on the pre dyno although it wouldn't of been a very good comparison to a stock car since I was basically running full bolt ons.
Old 12-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #11
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Awesome glad you like the new power and I'm always glad to hear positive things on lethal racing.

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:19 AM   #12
HP Turbine
Boosted

We are all autos.

Also my IPS TT friends are finally growing <-- none for you Skulka222, you toddler.

Old 12-12-2014, 08:07 AM   #13
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
We are all autos.
Huh, that's interesting. Good to know.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #14
skulka222

Drives: 2012 M6 Victory Red Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Turbine View Post
We are all autos.

Also my IPS TT friends are finally growing <-- none for you Skulka222, you toddler.
19 is the new 21 😎👍,
skulka222 is offline   Reply With Quote