Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-13-2023, 08:48 PM   #1
Fiyero88

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1LT
Glowtie

I'm not sure why, but the newer glow ties from Chevy don't seem to work for My Camaro. The new ones have a harness that plugs into the driver side main headlight harness and then it plugs both into the headlight and the Glowtie. Well I found out that now when the car is in park the DRL inside the headlight on the driver side shuts off. But when I'm driving it's on except that its now way brighter than the passenger side headlight drl. The headlights low and high beam function normally as well as the turn signals and everything else is fine except that. I'm guessing 100% it has to do with the Glowtie harness but just not sure why GM would sell it if it's not wired right.

Has anyone had this type of problem with the newer Glowties? I wish I would have gotten the harness that plugs into the stock DRL bar and not into the main headlight harness but they don't make the harness like that anymore.
Fiyero88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 09:10 PM   #2
HyperBlue1SS

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Camaro 1SS
I bought a glowtie on the forums from smilespergallon and ended up making my own harness. I spliced into the passenger DRL and haven't had any problems.

Is the harness you mentioned meant for the 2019+ SS with the LED headlights? If so it may have been redesigned to work with the newer LED headlights instead of the HID's that our cars have and that might be the source of your problems.

I believe the harness is meant to daisy chain between the headlights and DRL lights. Is there anyway you could have plugged it in the opposite way? Having not used the factory harness I could be mistaken but it's worth a look!

Edit:

I reread your post. I believe it's meant to be installed on the passenger side! Also try plugging it into the side marker light and not the DRL.
1LE Replicas / Solo Axleback Exhaust/ Street Scene Front Splitter / Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Side Markers / OEM Smoked Tails & Third Brake Light / OEM Illuminated Door Sills / OEM ZL1 Side Skirts / OEM ZL1 Spoiler / OEM Black Badges / GM CAI / Soler Engineering TB/TC / Katzkin Leather / 20% Tint

Last edited by HyperBlue1SS; 03-13-2023 at 09:21 PM.
HyperBlue1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 09:58 PM   #3
Fiyero88

I'm probably going to have to splice it but I would of rather just used what they gave me and had it work. I think the newer harness is driver side as passenger side didn't have anything that matched the connector, only the driver side did. Also it just plugs into the driver side and then straight to the Glowtie with the newer harness, it doesn't connect to anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue1SS View Post
I bought a glowtie on the forums from smilespergallon and ended up making my own harness. I spliced into the passenger DRL and haven't had any problems.

Is the harness you mentioned meant for the 2019+ SS with the LED headlights? If so it may have been redesigned to work with the newer LED headlights instead of the HID's that our cars have and that might be the source of your problems.

I believe the harness is meant to daisy chain between the headlights and DRL lights. Is there anyway you could have plugged it in the opposite way? Having not used the factory harness I could be mistaken but it's worth a look!

Edit:

I reread your post. I believe it's meant to be installed on the passenger side! Also try plugging it into the side marker light and not the DRL.
Old 03-13-2023, 10:31 PM   #4
HyperBlue1SS

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Camaro 1SS
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578924

This thread shows the part number for just the harness for the 2016-18 Camaro

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528848

Here's the thread for just the bowtie. If you read through the posts it appears that the harness did change for 2019+. Verify which one you have and read through the threads for tips on how and where to wire it in! Good luck sir!!
1LE Replicas / Solo Axleback Exhaust/ Street Scene Front Splitter / Diode Dynamics Smoked LED Side Markers / OEM Smoked Tails & Third Brake Light / OEM Illuminated Door Sills / OEM ZL1 Side Skirts / OEM ZL1 Spoiler / OEM Black Badges / GM CAI / Soler Engineering TB/TC / Katzkin Leather / 20% Tint
HyperBlue1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 07:53 AM   #5
Fiyero88

I'm just going to remove the harness cut the two wires going form the Glowtie and hard wire it into my side marker light or my new fog light I installed. It's just two wires so can be too hard lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue1SS View Post
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=578924

This thread shows the part number for just the harness for the 2016-18 Camaro

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528848

Here's the thread for just the bowtie. If you read through the posts it appears that the harness did change for 2019+. Verify which one you have and read through the threads for tips on how and where to wire it in! Good luck sir!!

Tags
bowtie, electrical, glowtie, illuminated, problem