Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-09-2016, 12:49 PM   #1
TheMaskedAce

Drives: 2015 1SS manual
Which exhaust and headers?

Hi!
Thanks for taking the time to look and/or chime in on and my issue. Please help me make a great decision!i have a 2015 camaro 1SS manual. I'd like to go with a catback exhaust and longtube headers. Something not too raspy but a nice muscle sound. I dont know what size to go with as i see there are different options. Currently not super/turbo charged but plan to in the future.
Suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by TheMaskedAce; 11-09-2016 at 01:09 PM.
TheMaskedAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #2
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
It depends on how much you want to spend on headers. Check out Stainless Works Retro Chambered cat back. Sounds real good. If you have the money get the, I believe, Kooks headers with free coating....

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
TheMaskedAce

Drives: 2015 1SS manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by G701LE View Post
It depends on how much you want to spend on headers. Check out Stainless Works Retro Chambered cat back. Sounds real good. If you have the money get the, I believe, Kooks headers with free coating....
I also see people add a cutout and have it switched to open the flaps?
TheMaskedAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:14 PM   #4
G701LE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99 IBM silver stipes
If I had to do over again. I would get the Speed Engineering long tubes. They are cheap and everyone raves about them. Then you will have more money for more go fast parts.
Yes, you can wire up cutouts after the downpipes if you want real loud. I would def go for the 2" headers since you plan on forced induction.

Mods = Not enough....
G701LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 04:35 PM   #5
Magna_Flow

Drives: 2015 ZL1
If you were looking to keep a reasonable volume for daily driving, we would recommend going with a conservative catback like our Street system (#15167) to help counter the extra sound that comes with long-tubes. We have numerous customers running a setup like this, and often describe it as being perfect for street use-not too loud, but definitely noticeable!
Magna_Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:03 PM   #6
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Go with no less than a 1-7/8th primary LT header. Any brand will do. If you go 2 inches then your only options are TSP, Kooks, Manzo, and I think SW/SP. Obviously Manzo and TSP would be the cheapest. But you can't go wrong really with any header...OBX, BBK, TSP, etc.

For a catback I think you're better off listening to clips and seeing what you like. I went with the OBX LT header and OBX 3" catback and it sounds pretty good. I'm looking for a new sound tho so I'll be switching it up soon. There are lots of options out there So take your time sifting thru them.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 09:34 PM   #7
rhs98jeep

Drives: 2011 1SS Camaro
I have a full Kooks system, I recommend it.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:00 AM   #8
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Lots of us use stainless power made by stainless works welded overseas at least they have a merge collector and can be bought with high flow cats. Got mine from Maryland speed. You how ever are in Commiefornia and you do know this will void the warranty and tune is required......and not available maybe in your whole friggin Liberal lovin state.... Thank god I am a Oregonian where we only have to deal with you all moving here to retire away from the madness and Taxes the state rips you off for to give away to a fat guy named Juan sucking down Coronas on California's wonderful welfare system in a sanctuary city most likely...ROFL not a Cal fan...... Not a keeping Portland weird fan here either wish the quake would come and take them both out..........LOL

Cat back well theres a lot of choices and you should shop around by listening to audio clips on u tube and listening to old clips in threads where you can find them. Good luck down there, you need it. ,(getting the headers shipped there let alone installed or going through smogs).

Tags
cat back, exhaust, headers