The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-11-2019, 04:51 AM   #29
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Dealership told me I have to wait until after the strike for repeat issues with my Silverado's transmission to be reviewed for lemon law.
Old 10-11-2019, 07:07 AM   #30
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticowarbird View Post
Dealership told me I have to wait until after the strike for repeat issues with my Silverado's transmission to be reviewed for lemon law.
Get a lawyer
Old 10-11-2019, 07:20 AM   #31
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaSSnake View Post
Get a lawyer
Tried, the lemon law lawyers I reached out to said it has to go to the dealership for the same problem 4 times. It's been 3.5 only because they just reset something and waiting to hear if it continues. I'm overseas but my folks drive the truck, I noticed the problem too whenever I'm home to visit. It was a brand new 2016 with 6 speed.
Old 10-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #32
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

Wages, increased profit sharing, temp workers to full time, allocation of future products to plants, and (this is a new one I heard today) absolutely zero imported products, including from Canada.

As long as they are asking for the impossible they might as well ask for pet snow leopards and the option to work from home.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:02 PM   #33
Iron Lung Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
my wife had a similar problem at the airline. they gave concessions to keep the company afloat and when they started making record profits the employees didn't get back what they gave up. once you give up something $$$$ you will not get it back.it happened to the teamsters also.it sucks but that's the way it works.
so i guess the new vette won't be at dealers for a hot minute.
It goes both ways. Unions are loath to give up negotiated rights no matter how much they are dragging the company down.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:13 PM   #34
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
It goes both ways. Unions are loath to give up negotiated rights no matter how much they are dragging the company down.
Companies go down due to bad management( generally barring extreme outside forces like 9/11 did to the airlines). Labor only hurts when they try to turn it around.

It’s also hard to convince labor to give concessions when management is given bonuses for said concessions despite the company telling the labor if they don’t they will file bankruptcy.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:19 PM   #35
WS6ADDICT

Drives: 85IROC-94Z-81Z2-2018 Vert 2002 WS6
If neither side agrees, lets just bulldoze the plants and go home. That'll settle it. Baseball, hot dogs apple pie and..............what was the name of that car company??
WS6ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #36
Iron Lung Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Companies go down due to bad management( generally barring extreme outside forces like 9/11 did to the airlines). Labor only hurts when they try to turn it around.

It’s also hard to convince labor to give concessions when management is given bonuses for said concessions despite the company telling the labor if they don’t they will file bankruptcy.
I don't disagree. But one aspect of bad management is making expensive, unsustainable concessions to unions.

I do completely agree, however, that management should not be rewarded for sucking. It is beyond ridiculous that a CEO can be a compete failure and still get a $50 million parting gift.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:40 PM   #37
ChevyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
I don't disagree. But one aspect of bad management is making expensive, unsustainable concessions to unions.

I do completely agree, however, that management should not be rewarded for sucking. It is beyond ridiculous that a CEO can be a compete failure and still get a $50 million parting gift.
I do recognize a lot of unions do ridiculous things as well. Like if that demand all GM products are built within the US if true being a ridiculous request. But their demand for the temporary workers is well within reason and if GM is saying no, that’s crappy of them. Right now both are in their PR campaign and who knows where the truth lies.

I do generally side with labor though. Management holds the power if against an individual and they will bend you over if given the chance.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #38
WS6ADDICT

Drives: 85IROC-94Z-81Z2-2018 Vert 2002 WS6
One shitty thing about this country, we all put money in a 401K, and it goes to Wall Street, and they will cut your throat for a dime and send jobs overseas from a business in your own backyard. Funded by you and me.
WS6ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:56 AM   #39
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
I do recognize a lot of unions do ridiculous things as well. Like if that demand all GM products are built within the US if true being a ridiculous request. But their demand for the temporary workers is well within reason and if GM is saying no, that’s crappy of them. Right now both are in their PR campaign and who knows where the truth lies.

I do generally side with labor though. Management holds the power if against an individual and they will bend you over if given the chance.

I work in IT. Guess how many positions are filled with H1B Visas or offshored. All companies do it to survive in a global economy. The temp workers should be happy to have a job. If they want full time status, they can always get a job at another company.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #40
ChevyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
I work in IT. Guess how many positions are filled with H1B Visas or offshored. All companies do it to survive in a global economy. The temp workers should be happy to have a job. If they want full time status, they can always get a job at another company.
Issue is GM promised to give these employees a path to full time status. GM renegaded on that promise.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #41
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Issue is GM promised to give these employees a path to full time status. GM renegaded on that promise.

Business needs change.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote