The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

Old 09-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
copeland00

Drives: 2016 Chevy camaro 1LT
Exclamation HELP!!!

Hi. I have a 2016 camaro 1LT/RS package. Recently, the air stopped blowing cold and also the temp gauge on the dash isn’t moving and also, when I turn the car off, the fan blows for 5-10 min. But then it all just started working fine again a few days later. Any idea what it could be? The coolant tank is full. I’ve read it could be a coolant temp sensor. Any ideas?
copeland00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
you change your thermostat? or do anything with your car recently?
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:43 AM   #3
copeland00

Nope I got it in mid July and it’s done this twice now. Actually, right after I wrote this, it fixed itself and and as I was driving, it started blowing cold, the temp gauge shot up to where it’s supposed to be and the fan didn’t blow after the car was off. Any ideas?
Old 09-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #4
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copeland00 View Post
Nope I got it in mid July and it’s done this twice now. Actually, right after I wrote this, it fixed itself and and as I was driving, it started blowing cold, the temp gauge shot up to where it’s supposed to be and the fan didn’t blow after the car was off. Any ideas?
if it was used it could be possible it is the thermostat, i went aftermarket and this happened so i replaced with my stock one and been good ever since, but I could be wrong, either way a thermostat is a cheap fix.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:28 AM   #5
copeland00

Could that cause it to randomly fix itself after a day or two? It’s really weird.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:10 AM   #6
fhrex

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
if the thermostat sticks slightly open, the PCM will set a coolant temp below threshold code, causing a default mode, which would give you the same symptoms. You need to access a code reader.

Tags
troubleshoot