The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #1
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Hyperdrive

new show on netflix. I just finished watching the first season and thought it was pretty cool show. Anyone else watch it?
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:26 PM   #2
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Binge watched it, SquawkVFR mentioned it awhile back. Defiantly gets better as it goes along and looks fun as hell. Last episode mentions tryouts for the next season. Would be fun as hell but can't imagine thrashing a car like they do.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #3
Sinister10

i thought the same. i even tossed around the idea of building a car to try and get on the show. Found a 'well used' 98 BMW 330 manual for dirt cheap. Pipe dreams lol.

i was impressed with F. Shredder,dude beat the hell out of that Nissan, i was pulling for him to win. My only gripe was the fact that they were pitting 'professional', drift school, instructors against some people with little to no track experience. Still, very entertaining show, hope it comes back for more seasons, theres not many shows on Netflix that i actually enjoy watching.

Another show i wish would have been more of was Battlefield Recovery. If your into history and military stuff, take a look at that one.
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #4
Tajefe Couple

Might be fun to even just do the tryouts for Hyperdrive. Don't really have a car would want to beat on like that though. So I'm with you would have to get something, and yep pipe dreams!

Will have to check out that Battlefield Recovery. Not much I really watch on there either.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM   #5
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I enjoyed it as well. Fielding Shredder was a maniac! That Diego kid is an awesome driver. Looking forward to another season of this show.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #6
Sinister10

agree, Diego could drive. What i didnt like about him was his cockyness. Im all for being confident, but he had this "im better than you" ora about him that i didnt like.

i too am looking forward to next season.

i would like them to get different hosts too. Rutledge is OK, i didnt mind him (enjoyed him on top gear) but the Ex-MMA fighter was sooo annoying. The only one that had any car knowledge was Rut, the other too were car illiterate.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:01 PM   #7
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
It’s excellent! Undeniably binge worthy!
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:53 PM   #8
Tajefe Couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister10 View Post
agree, Diego could drive. What i didnt like about him was his cockyness. Im all for being confident, but he had this "im better than you" ora about him that i didnt like.

i too am looking forward to next season.

i would like them to get different hosts too. Rutledge is OK, i didnt mind him (enjoyed him on top gear) but the Ex-MMA fighter was sooo annoying. The only one that had any car knowledge was Rut, the other too were car illiterate.
Agree Rut is bearable and have watched him on a couple shows including the American Top Gear. The other two however seemed not to know much about cars, or driving skills, kind of annoying especially with some of the comments.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:02 AM   #9
Cherry

Drives: 2017 SS 50th
I actually enjoy Rut and think he did a good job. He would be better if he didn't have to deal with that MMA fighter with no business around a car show. My big gripe with the show is that they billed it as ANY driver and car could win, but it was clear only drifters in drift cars stood a chance. Also the leveler is stupid for any competition trying to find the "best" driver.

Also agree Shredder was ****ing awesome and I feel bad for the San Fransisco pizza guy who got knocked out by rich boy lambo.
Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:20 AM   #10
Tajefe Couple

I would have to respectfully disagree about the leveler. I saw it as how well can you control your car and do you have a good feel for it in any situation. Being a drifter didn't give anyone an advantage on the leveler either. Just thought it was a unique car competition and would like to see more of them. I do agree Rut is alright otherwise wouldn't have watched any of his other shows. Without him this show would not have been as good especially with just the other two. Ruts just not in my top 10 of favorite car guys to watch/listen to.