Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #57
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
M6G has lots of rabid fanboys, but there are more than a few pro-Chevy trolls over there that expressly go there to stir them up and then giggle.

From what I've seen there have been more than a few previously level headed Mustang guys get turned fanatical due to people coming there and starting fights.

Sure there are those who are "born fanatics", we know who they are.
Coming from the Charger forums, where this doesn't happen, it has been a bit of a culture shock to me. I thought we were all car lovers here, but yeah... rabid... that's an apt descriptor.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #58
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemosfet View Post
Coming from the Charger forums, where this doesn't happen, it has been a bit of a culture shock to me. I thought we were all car lovers here, but yeah... rabid... that's an apt descriptor.
I come from a Mopar background also and when I got my Camaro and joined the Chevy world I was fairly surprised at the viciousness that the Mustang/Camaro forums get into.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:44 PM   #59
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
Of course it's a fair comparison. They're both at the same scale in their respective lineup. You can certainly make the argument that the 2SS isn't worth the money they're asking, but as far as performance comparisons go 2SS vs GT looks right to me.
Are you crazy? The 2SS is worth every penny with all the added items. the GT350 is bare bones at best as still costs more fpor a car that is equally matched performance wise. I would love to side by side a Mustang GTPP but even than that car lacks all the bells and whistles the 2SS offers. You can't even add everything a 2SS offers to a GT350 or a GTPP.

Please layout your argument good sir, as this made me chuckle this afternoon.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:49 PM   #60
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
if you have to resort to comparing the SS against the limited-run GT350 to have a fair fight, what will you do when the ZL1 or Z-28 come out?
Just smile and be happy until Ford or Dodge rolls something else out to compete.

But honestly, it will look to the super cars. While we love american muscle and want to only compare to that, the next tier is super cars. The Corvette Z06 has proven GM can hang with cars 8x it's price and that is the next target segment.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:16 PM   #61
pdoherty972

Drives: 2013 370Z sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Are you crazy? The 2SS is worth every penny with all the added items. the GT350 is bare bones at best as still costs more fpor a car that is equally matched performance wise. I would love to side by side a Mustang GTPP but even than that car lacks all the bells and whistles the 2SS offers. You can't even add everything a 2SS offers to a GT350 or a GTPP.

I didn't make that argument, I said one COULD make that argument. Read closely again what I said.
pdoherty972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:24 PM   #62
neutral

Drives: Ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
M6G has lots of rabid fanboys, but there are more than a few pro-Chevy trolls over there that expressly go there to stir them up and then giggle.

From what I've seen there have been more than a few previously level headed Mustang guys get turned fanatical due to people coming there and starting fights.

Sure there are those who are "born fanatics", we know who they are.
I basically stopped posting after noticing this. It's a shame really. But if you think about it, there's just a vocal handful of loyalists making up the majority of the posts, and it's not like the people jumping over there to poke and prod are doing much better (and I don't mean that they're making wrong points, but they have to realize that posing a rational argument to an irrational crowd is self-serving at best just to drum up some theater... so why bother?).
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 05:26 PM   #63
neutral

Drives: Ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post

Are you saying that one car completely invalidates the others? I'm not getting your argument. I see a broad range of good options from low to high between both camps.
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:59 AM   #64
LMS007

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I think it's hilarious people don't even think the GTPP vs SS isn't even a valid conversation and that the gt350 vs SS is the real comparison.

Camaro delivers.
people on the camaro forum...
LMS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:46 AM   #65
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMS007 View Post
people on the camaro forum...
Actually even Motor Trend said it...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:48 AM   #66
phillip123hastings

Drives: A real beast
Having an acceleration like this one really puts you on top of the ladder! It's no joke that GT350, regardless the Chevy fan mode.
phillip123hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:52 AM   #67
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillip123hastings View Post
Having an acceleration like this one really puts you on top of the ladder! It's no joke that GT350, regardless the Chevy fan mode.
Hennessy did the same thing for their Camaro SS. It also hit 170 mph, but ran out of room to go higher, 100% stock.

They said that they both had soft launches as you can see...

SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 06:27 PM   #68
kdaignault

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I've read numerous posts. I just got my 2016 2SS last week and its a beast.

Everyone I talk to wants to say but the GT350. I think this is because it blows the GT out of the water and realistically the GT and the SS have always been rivals. seems now a days Chevrolet is coming out and setting the bar and then mustang follows a few years behind right before Chevrolet is about to come out with the next best thing. Times are changing and it's awesome.

If you built a fully loaded GT it can get up there pretty close to a fully loaded 2SS. Mine was 47K with auto, MRV, Dual mode exhaust and few other cosmetic upgrades. The GT350 was made to take on the Z28 which is several years into production and even they very close in comparison with the GT350R edging it out on 1/4 mile, track and 0-60.

What scary for Mustang is the comparison between the SS and the GT350 are super tight when you compare 1/4 mile, track, 0-60. Its hard to justify the GT350 over the SS. As someone said before you could do performance upgrades on a 1SS or 2SS for far less then the price difference (we are talking stock for this discussion though).

The fair comparison will be the SS 1LE or even Z28 later this year when one or both are released. Especially on this new Gen 6 platform, I can't even imagine!! Unless your a die hard Vette fan even makes the stingray hard to justify price wise (Z06 excluded it's obviously on it's own planet at this point).
kdaignault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:41 PM   #69
kingbambino22

Drives: 2023Porsche Cayenne S
The '16 Loaded 2SS/RS with NPP, Auto and Mag Ride is $47.5k
The '16 GT350 with optional $6.5k track pack is $55k
The '16 GT350R is $63k
The '14/'15 Z/28 is under $60k (currently)

The "track pack" is an option, but included in the R - which comes with a truckload of options for the $14k price difference. I have not researched the overall advantages of the R over a stand alone track package.

Ford has their work cut out for them over the next 6 months to counter the Gen6.[/QUOTE]

GT350R come with better brakes, carbon fiber wheels and better/wider tires with stripped interior. You can add the tech package to it so you can have all the luxuries. GT350 wont allow track and tech package together
kingbambino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:51 PM   #70
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbambino22 View Post
The '16 Loaded 2SS/RS with NPP, Auto and Mag Ride is $47.5k
The '16 GT350 with optional $6.5k track pack is $55k
The '16 GT350R is $63k
The '14/'15 Z/28 is under $60k (currently)

The "track pack" is an option, but included in the R - which comes with a truckload of options for the $14k price difference. I have not researched the overall advantages of the R over a stand alone track package.

Ford has their work cut out for them over the next 6 months to counter the Gen6.
2017 MY will change things. There will no longer be a base GT350. All GT350's in 2017 will come with the track pack option standard.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote