Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-20-2021, 06:38 PM   #29
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakskeet View Post
As a side note, this is one of the reasons you never, ever consent to a search of your vehicle by law enforcement.
Tip of the day: if they ask you, they already have probable cause so you’re getting searched anyway.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:22 AM   #30
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I found some nice sticky soda underneath my center console. The steering wheel control on the right side, home button on the radio, and mode switcher on the center console all would have trouble where the button would press and refuse to depress.

When I took apart the center console I found so much soda residue, took the entire center console into my house, and tore it apart to clean it all. I was installing my custom spectrum lighting at the time so was doing it anyway. My car was a repo though so didn't get the luxury of a dealer masking over anything lol

My sister's 2014 2LS was cleaner but we got it third party. Found the guys credit card after a few months under the seat and shot him a text to let him know
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 04:11 AM   #31
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I would've liked to be present when the lucky person got my 85 Monte Carlo SS as I held an ultraviolet light over the backseat
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:47 AM   #32
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I have no issue buying used. You save a ton of cash 90% of the time. Anything major is listed on a VIN report, so you can avoid that. Sure you don't want to just buy the first used one you see. Do your homework. I'm glad there are guys that will buy nothing but new, because then after you pay all the depreciation you can sell it to me for 1/2 the price. I'm good with that. I got my used 2SS for a steal. If I would have bought a new one last year when I bought my used one, I would have had to easily spend another $30k. Sure I don't have the A10 Trans, but there hasn't been anything wrong with my A8 either. To each his own...
One of the bigger problems I have with buying used is that you don't have nearly as much choice in how it's equipped or configured - the best you can hope for is that you'll find something that's "close enough" and hope that there aren't any deal-breaker omissions or installed features.

On the strictly financial side of this, when you keep cars for ten years or longer that ends up being a non-issue. If I wasn't convinced that I'd want to keep any given car that long, I'd have to ask myself if I wanted it badly enough to get it at all.

Norm
Old 04-21-2021, 04:43 PM   #33
breakskeet
Kevin

Drives: 2018 Callaway Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Tip of the day: if they ask you, they already have probable cause so you’re getting searched anyway.
Absolutely true! Or they may just be fishing. Nevertheless, verbalize your objection clearly. They are obviously going to investigate whatever they need to.
breakskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:08 PM   #34
oklahomaguy

Drives: camaro ss
[QUOTE=JSH;10996004]No surprises from previous owners because I always buy new, but was very surprised last year when I picked up the car after an oil change and found a roach or butt under the driver's seat. I tracked down the mechanic and asked him for one.

oklahomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote