Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-30-2021, 09:43 AM   #1
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
Permanent Code Questions

So I changed my HID bulbs the day before. I had to temporarily remove my Rotofab intake to get to the drivers side headlight.

Put everything back and tightened all the intake clamps.

Next day, my car would not remote start.

Got in the car and started it and had a CEL. Code P2227 and P00C7. Code P2227 is "Barometric Circuit Range/Performance". Not sure what the P00C7 is.

When I installed the Rotofab originally, I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes. I have put over 3000 miles on the car since then and no problems.

I was able to get the CEL to turn off by disconnecting the battery again for 30 minutes but the codes are still there.

Only thing I can think that happened is that I had a small air leak originally (I noticed one of the clamps seemed a bit loose). And when I reset the adaptations by disconnecting the battery, the air leak was part of the adjustment. Now after taking the intake apart then re-installing, I fixed the air leak but now the ECU adaptations were out of range. (The reverse may also be possible).

From what I have read, the permanent codes will likely go away after a few drive cycles.

Going to get some significantly better clamps from McMaster Carr to make sure I don't ever have any air leaks.

Anyone ever encountered this before with a RotoFab or other intake?

Any help, advice, or knowledge sharing is appreciated.

Edit/Update: So I was re-checking things on the intake to see if there was any thing I missed. Looks like the elbow that screws into the bottom of the intake tube and that connects to the PCV thingy (square-ish plastic part) was a bit loose. I guess when I installed it originally, I forgot to thread it in until it was tight. Likely been leaking a small bit this whole time.

I disconnected the battery again to reset everything so hopefully, I found what the problem is.

Still interested in people sharing their knowledge on these permanent codes.

Last edited by Spaceme1117; 05-30-2021 at 11:40 AM.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Back in the early 2010s they made emissions code permanent so states like CA could read the history and tell if people were fudging their emissions systems. Not sure you can ever get rid of it. Maybe someone that does emissions testing in states that do could answer. Following.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:35 AM   #3
Spaceme1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Back in the early 2010s they made emissions code permanent so states like CA could read the history and tell if people were fudging their emissions systems. Not sure you can ever get rid of it. Maybe someone that does emissions testing in states that do could answer. Following.
I'm not worried about having permanent codes show up in the ECU's history. I would imagine that people get this codes with stock intakes when there is a leak or something else wrong.

My main concern is having a the CEL lit up on my dash and this affecting the functioning of the car.

I am thinking I may just get a custom tune for the car and be done with it.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:58 AM   #4
Spaceme1117

Update.

I went on a long drive over the weekend and a couple of short drives also.

I scanned for codes this morning and the permanent codes are now gone.

Looks like my unmetered air leak is now fixed and the car was able to pass whatever readiness checks it needed.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:24 PM   #5
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Permanent codes will definitely go away, assuming you’ve addressed the underlying issue. You cannot “clear” them manually, they can only go away if the problem is fixed.