Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-22-2023, 05:05 PM   #57
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
I would happily take a Z/28 with the new LT6 from the Z06 which wouldn't happen. Or take the LT5 from the one year only ZR1 and make a final ZL1 1LE. But none of that is likely. Heck a blackwing ZL1 with a small hp bump would be nice. Still not likely..
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 12:16 PM   #58
TheSixSpeed

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LT1 6 speed
Nah, no way. Don’t believe it. I’m happy to be wrong, but this news goes against everything we’ve heard about the Z/28 and the end of Camaro production so far.
TheSixSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 12:49 PM   #59
JT6Speed

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS M6
I'd be happy to see a Z/28 with the LT2. 500hp is more than enough for a purpose built track car meant to handle. Remember the original cars came with 302's whereas an SS could be had with a big block.
JT6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 05:50 PM   #60
haggler

Drives: '23 2SS RSblue 6MT, sold '19 ND2
Why is C&D reporting this when there's been no evidence of this? I think the magazine is full of hacks and EV propaganda now.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...8-future-cars/

5-6-22:1100,
7-19-22: 3000,
8-3-22: TPW 8/15/22,
10-4-22: ETA 10/13/2022
10-15-22 6000
haggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 06:59 PM   #61
knighti2

Drives: 2SS M6 Hot Wheels #515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6cyl View Post
A future of electric cars and eating bugs. Something has got to give.

Amen Brother!

Stock intake (no porting) and stock NPP exhaust.
knighti2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 07:20 PM   #62
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggler View Post
Why is C&D reporting this when there's been no evidence of this? I think the magazine is full of hacks and EV propaganda now.
Purely WISHFUL thinking. Not going to happen. I think you're right about hacks and EV propaganda...
Old 05-09-2023, 08:23 AM   #63
vj123

Drives: 2023 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggler View Post
Just another clickbait to get more traffic.
vj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 02:42 PM   #64
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Alright… who called it? Lethal Camaro just posted a video. LOL

https://youtu.be/meOE6sbARiY
Old 05-09-2023, 03:59 PM   #65
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Alright… who called it? Lethal Camaro just posted a video. LOL

https://youtu.be/meOE6sbARiY
Yeah and he said it's bs so what's your point?
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 05:11 PM   #66
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Calling BS. We will see if JimM chimes in but adding a hand full of next model year vehicles adds a lot of chaos for a company. 1000s maybe, not a few
Was trying to stay outta this train wreck, but since I’ve been called out, here goes…

Could GM make a last run of ‘25 Z28?
Sure they could. Model year rules say that a model year can only have one January 1st so they could start the ‘24 model year in July or August and run it through sometime in January, end ‘24 MY and start ‘25 MY.

What would be the motivation?
I can’t think of a good one. Maybe to establish an instant collectible. But isn’t that what the Panther Commemorative Edition is all about? So again, what is the motivation?

Well, if they put the LT6 in it, that would be special!
Let’s work our way back to Blackwing. The engine, not the car (confused yet?) When GM ended the the CT6 Blackwing, the only vehicle ever to use the Blackwing engine, auto analysts everywhere (I’m an auto analyst, so I was one of them) said “maybe the Blackwing engine could drop into the CT5 V-Series Blackwing”. Seemed reasonable. One Powertrain forecaster at the time (me) even created a Camaro forecast that had the Blackwing engine going into a top end Camaro. Until a GM engineer kindly explained that Blackwing doesn’t package in the Alpha platform. Not the CT5, definitely not the Camaro. Immediately removed from forecast So what does that have to do with LT6? LT6 was codeveloped with the Blackwing engine on the same DOHC platform that doesn’t package in Alpha. Dream crushed.

So we’re back to “what is GM motivation to pump out a few ‘25 Z28 pieces at the end of the ‘24 Camaro run?” I got nothin’. And that’s what I think this whole thing is…nothin’.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 06:19 PM   #67
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
Yeah and he said it's bs so what's your point?
The same point I literally just said..?

People were saying that he was going to post a video on it “any second”… and there it is. Didn’t think I was gonna have to explain that to someone.
Old 05-09-2023, 07:21 PM   #68
Palutz
Banned

Quote:
The same point I literally just said..?

People were saying that he was going to post a video on it “any second”… and there it is. Didn’t think I was gonna have to explain that to someone.
You’re trying to stir shit up against a guy that has the balls to get on YouTube and share his love for Camaros. Some on this forum love to hate on Lethal and on Hennessy and owner manuals recommending certain things. Don’t be that guy. Your comment reminded me of a lot of guys trying to be at the football table in high school lunch that no one respected. “People were saying …”
Old 05-09-2023, 07:29 PM   #69
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
You’re trying to stir shit up against a guy that has the balls to get on YouTube and share his love for Camaros. Some on this forum love to hate on Lethal and on Hennessy and owner manuals recommending certain things. Don’t be that guy. Your comment reminded me of a lot of guys trying to be at the football table in high school lunch that no one respected. “People were saying …”
Said the dude that misunderstood the original comment and is now trying to backtrack. I don’t hate any of those people/things, or even have a dislike for them. Enough lil man, it’s obvious you’re attempting to compensate for something by behaving like a keyboard warrior. You look like a goof right now. I’ll save you the embarrassment of having you go on.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:02 PM   #70
Palutz
Banned

Quote:
Said the dude that misunderstood the original comment and is now trying to backtrack. I don’t hate any of those people/things, or even have a dislike for them. Enough lil man, it’s obvious you’re attempting to compensate for something by behaving like a keyboard warrior. You look like a goof right now. I’ll save you the embarrassment of having you go on.
Backtrack on what? You sound like a beta follower trying to win some brownie points from the cool crowd. I’ve seen enough weirdos like you and we used to call them emos. 30,000 plus posts and I’m the keyboard warrior. Keep hating on Lethal on a message board