Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-02-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
camaro528

Drives: 2015 V6 Camaro
New exhaust law

So with all this new exhaust law BS!! I'm thinking about selling my MRT V1 and throwing stocks back on SMH��.....I just hate worrying about this shit when driving..and no I didnt get busted, I just worried! Also has anyone used a stock 2014/2015 SS mufflers on a V6 2015 camaro?? The stock 14/15 ss mufflers look better than my original stocks
camaro528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 07:23 PM   #2
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
People are making a big deal out of nothing.

The allowed decibel level hasn't changed in a couple decades. If you didn't get pulled over before for your exhaust, you won't now. All that's changed is that it's now a fine instead of a fix it ticket. I've driven by cops with my cutouts open and haven't got a second look.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:27 PM   #3
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post

The allowed decibel level hasn't changed in a couple decades. If you didn't get pulled over before for your exhaust, you won't now. All that's changed is that it's now a fine instead of a fix it ticket. I've driven by cops with my cutouts open and haven't got a second look.
Except now there is a financial incentive to stopping and waiting tickets.

Same thing happened in TX with front license plates. It used to be a fix it ticket and rarely did anybody get stopped. Now there is a fine and people get stopped all the time. Follow the money.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:55 PM   #4
camaro528

Drives: 2015 V6 Camaro
Quote:

You pretty relaxed about this whole thing, I wouldn't feel that comfortable in my opinion! Remember CALIFORNIA is money hungry!!!
camaro528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:17 PM   #5
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
Except now there is a financial incentive to stopping and waiting tickets.

Same thing happened in TX with front license plates. It used to be a fix it ticket and rarely did anybody get stopped. Now there is a fine and people get stopped all the time. Follow the money.
San Antonio was horrible with this. Cops would roll up to meets and ticket people, even on private property. Not sure if the guys who got a ticket faught it since I had out of state plates and didn’t need a front
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 09:38 PM   #6
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
I am with Low Saturn on this one..
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:15 PM   #7
Low Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro528 View Post
You pretty relaxed about this whole thing, I wouldn't feel that comfortable in my opinion! Remember CALIFORNIA is money hungry!!!
Because it's not a big deal. You still had to pay a fine with a fix it ticket too.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:35 PM   #8
threefiddy

Drives: Camaro L99 2SS, Dodge charger SRT8
i Agree with Low saturn as well and it really depends on the 5-0 if they're a douche they will pull you over, i live right next to a police station near duquesne and culver blvd, i pass that station always on my morning route and back home always see alot of patrol, never got pulled over " yet " , my daily driver is a Charger srt8 straight with xpipe. been living in that neighborhood for 2 years.
threefiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:01 AM   #9
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
So with all this new exhaust law BS!! I'm thinking about selling my MRT V1 and throwing stocks back on SMH��.....I just hate worrying about this shit when driving..and no I didnt get busted, I just worried! Also has anyone used a stock 2014/2015 SS mufflers on a V6 2015 camaro?? The stock 14/15 ss mufflers look better than my original stocks

The problem is you live in California. Best move out and get away as far as possible.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:26 AM   #10
DSEowner

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Special Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
The problem is you live in California. Best move out and get away as far as possible.

LS3, 6-spd w/ Hurst short shifter, navigation, sunroof, Boston Acoustics, and Borla Type-S cat back exhaust.
DSEowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 11:52 AM   #11
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:

Dude you drive a V6 . There is no way it's loud enough to be pulled over. Did you take the cat's off? You don't have headers . So what the hell are you worrying for. It's not a V8 with headers ,no cat's or no mufflers.

Have you heard some of the guys cars on this site? Now they are loud.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:52 PM   #12
Low Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
Pretty much every state has some sort of exhaust laws in regards to sound and/or modification.
Old 02-03-2019, 04:31 PM   #13
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Pretty much every state has some sort of exhaust laws in regards to sound and/or modification.

I wasn’t just referring to that. I was referring to the State of a Caifornia and the situation it is currently in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:37 PM   #14
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Dude you drive a V6 . There is no way it's loud enough to be pulled over. Did you take the cat's off? You don't have headers . So what the hell are you worrying for. It's not a V8 with headers ,no cat's or no mufflers.

Have you heard some of the guys cars on this site? Now they are loud.
This man is right.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote