Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-25-2010, 07:39 PM   #1359
manaya
INTERNET SALES

Drives: 2001 silverado
MSRP ON SOLD ORDERS

MSRP FOR SOLD CAMARO ORDERS!
CALL ME ANYTIME, FOR ANY REASON!
THANK YOU,
MARK ANTHONY ANAYA
JOHN L. SULLIVAN CHEVROLET/SATURN
INTERNET SALES MANAGER
916-781-8212 FAX 916-782-2159
marka@chevyworld.com
manaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:33 AM   #1360
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by manaya View Post
MSRP ON SOLD ORDERS
LOL You did the same thing Damien (Who was in Internet Sales at JLS) did, posted in the Price gouging dealer thread, said the same exact thing. I would say wrong thread but based on what happened to a bunch of us I'd say you posted in the right spot.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29261
Old 04-28-2010, 11:01 PM   #1361
Goodspeed

Drives: 2010 SW 2LT/RS w/black stripes
I have been dealing with Reliable Chevrolet out of Richardson, TX and found them to be very much in line with prices nation-wide. I have been very well taken care of and would recommend them for anyone looking Camaro in the Dallas area ... my Summit White 2LT RS will be right on time as estimated next week ... if that ever gets here!
Goodspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:53 PM   #1362
jpack

Drives: 2005 F150 for sale!!!
COURTESY CHEVROLET ON WEST COLONIAL in Orlando Fl. Wants over $35,000 on a Synergy Green with a sticker of $28,600. Market up charge of $5000 plus other dealer add on's. Nice job Chevy...
jpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #1363
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpack View Post
COURTESY CHEVROLET ON WEST COLONIAL in Orlando Fl. Wants over $35,000 on a Synergy Green with a sticker of $28,600. Market up charge of $5000 plus other dealer add on's. Nice job Chevy...
Florida dealers in general are doing this type of markup except for Stingray Chevrolet. I highly recommend them.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #1364
jpack

Drives: 2005 F150 for sale!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Florida dealers in general are doing this type of markup except for Stingray Chevrolet. I highly recommend them.
Found a dealer that has one for $800 below MSRP, Will go see it on Saturday if he still has it. Gotta head out of town today for work, bad timing but we'll see....
jpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:46 AM   #1365
ULTIMATEORANGESS

Drives: 1999 Hugger SS 2005 QS GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by raposak View Post
PineBelt Chevrolet of Eatontown, NJ. I bought my car from them last week and although it was a fight to come to a fair price for both of us it was achieved (trade in value vs. car price) Well I had to bring my car in today for service (bad clocking ring in the steering wheel) and noticed while looking at the camaros they had in stock. They had 2 other 2ss in stock with the same exact msrp price. But now they have a little dealer sticker next to it stating:
msrp $35995
Adjusted market value $5000
New Price $40995

What a scam. They tried the adjusted market value with me also but I wasn't having anything to do with it LOL. I had my little folder with other dealers prices and research with me.

im five minutes from there. i saw every SS marked up 5k so i decided to not even try buying from them. yesterday my friend showed me an IOM 2SS for sale at pine belt in lakewood. i called and they had a 5k markup which theyd take off if i was serious about buying.

i wont be going to them. pine belt sucks.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #1366
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS View Post
i called and they had a 5k markup which theyd take off if i was serious about buying.

i wont be going to them. pine belt sucks.
I don't even know what that means when a dealer says that?????
If you're serious about buying, they'll take off the $5k gouge.......If you're not serious about buying, they'll charge an extra 5k. Well if you're not serious about buying, that means to me you're not buying. So what difference does the 5k make? They're not getting ithe 5k mark up either way and just creating a bad name for themselves......
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:54 PM   #1367
wantawhite1

Drives: wantawhiteone
are'nt camaros made in Canada ?

then why is gm canada screwing us over ?
I will buy mine in Texas for $ 5000 less !
wake up cdn. dealers !
wantawhite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:17 AM   #1368
terryg75

Drives: Cross flags and 3 pointed stars
I simply cannot believe that dealer's are still doing this (price mark-up's). I actually sell car's here at my dealership and there is absolutely no reason do be doing this. Hell, I wish my "market" demanded $5k over, but that's just not realistic. My philosophy is that I wont ask over sticker, but there is no need to lose money either. I don't think that any of you guy's reading this that are self-proprietor's (small business owners) would willingly lose money in your own business if you could avoid it. If you make me a reasonable offer i'll do it--and you other guy's need to step up and do so also. Whether it's an Aveo or a ZR1, I would rather have your business then sit and fight with you. The guy's that pull this crap can't be selling much so this is their one shot to make a month in a day. Knock it off you a**hole's...you're the one's giving us a bad name!
terryg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #1369
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
Mark UP

Went to a Chevrolet dealer in National City (San Diego) looking for an SS emblem for my dash. After leaving the parts place, I went over to the showroom. There was five new Camaros on the floor. All the Camaros had a $2000.00 markup on them. That crazy!!!. Supply & Demand $$$$$$.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #1370
bozbot
Boom goes the dynamite

Drives: '02 civic
Send a message via AIM to bozbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarorss350 View Post
Dealer Name: Burlington Chevrolet
Dealer location: Burlington NJ
Dealer phone number: (866) 656-3265
Dealer website: http://www.burlingtonchevy.com/

105 E US 130 · Burlington, NJ 08016
SALES (866) 656-3265 · SERVICE (866) 610-3815

These guys are going crazy, would NOT let me order my Camaro, they would only sell me one on their lot "because we dont know how long its going to take to get the car in and chevrolet can take up to 6 months, so why dont you buy one of our over price $40,000 V6 models on our lot???"

Wow, i was so heated when i left there. That guy was a total... well ill save the language.
while i have not bought a car from them I can say that the GM (John) seems reasonable and would suggest dealing with him.

bozbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #1371
XclusivEric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to XclusivEric
DO NOT BUY A VEHICLE FROM HERE!

Legacy Chevrolet of Columbus
Columbus, GA
706-405-4030
www.legacychevy.com

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!

They wanted $500 down and to do a credit check before they would even let me test drive a car! And they wanted $46k out the door for the exact car I have now! OUTRAGEOUSLY OVERPRICED! I purchased my car for just under $41K with TTL, that's $5000 cheaper for a 2 hour drive and was delivered! Was well worth it! Here are some suggestions... Get online find the car you want! Check online with some car dealerships and get involved with the Internet Sales department first. Build your car on Chevy.com, it should list the MSRP. The MSRP is exactly what it means Manufacturer SUGGESTED Retail Price. They can go lower! What they don't tell you is that they make the same commission regardless of what they sale the car for. Don't buy into that "well we are a well known dealership and get paid by the hour and don't make commissions." WRONG! WRONG! They don't want you to know that because your sales person has to make a living too! Do research on the car you want. Find out whether your salesperson knows anything about the car by letting them tell you about it themselves that way you'll be able to determine if they actually know what they are talking about or they are just blowing smoke up your A$$. 9/10 they are blowing smoke up your A$$. Then you want to deal with their sales manager/supervisor. Talk TOTAL price of the car! Don't tell them you want to pay between so and so a month. They will find a way to slide in hidden fees to make them more money. Don't! Don't! Don't pay a down payment. That goes directly to your salesperson's commission. If it means saving up money to pay the TTL yourself then do so. It'll save you money in the long run unless you plan on paying it off in short period of time.
Make sure you don't buy in until you get the right interest rate. I'd personally suggest going to a bank you already bank with. They will most likely give you the best interest rate being that you already do business with them. Get them involved BEFORE making any deals NO MATTER WHAT! Don't let the salesperson run your CREDIT! They check 15 banks before your credit is approved by that time the credit checks have already done their damage to your credit. Don't let them tell you "oh we only run your credit once and disperse it out to banks" that is a LIE! The dealership cannot legally pull up your credit score. A financial institution has only the ability to do so. This is because of the PRIVACY ACT.
Once you have a bank with a pre-approval you have now the power to do some wheelin' and dealin'. Get the total price you want to pay with all options you want and TTL paid *optional*.
Do not buy the Extended Warranty no matter if the finance department salesperson says, "I personally suggest it, I have it on every vehicle I ever owned" They are there to make money too. There are cheaper extended warranties elsewhere. Besides if you plan on doing modifications then you void your warranty anyways so what's the point of paying for something you won't be able to use? However GAP insurance I liked, I've had it in the past but isn't neccessary if you are paying off your vehicle in a short period of time. IT covers the GAP if you are overunder on your loan. If financed it can cost you even more money than what you paid for it in the long run.
Make sure you don't get pressured while buying a car. The fact is, YOU are there to BUY a car don't let them SELL you what you don't want. If you feel pressured get up and leave immediately. I felt proud when I told my salesperson at Legacy that the price was outrageous and he was completely wasting my time and got up and walked out. Seeing the look on his face was satisfying to me. Take your time and buy towards the end of the month they are most likely to make a good deal at the end when they are trying to meet their quota for their commission. Also if they find the car you want don't automatically say, "oh I'll take it." Find something wrong with it and get them to lower the price even more. I told my salesperson I didn't want the stripes on my car (I really didn't though). I got them to take an extra $750 off the car when the stripe kit was $470. When I got my car I actually ended up liking it! It matches the interior well!
Do NOT settle! GET the car you want for the PRICE YOU want to PAY! It may take some time however but you'll thank yourself later for taking the time to get what you want. I was looking at buying a Camaro for over a year. Then when I finally decided I was going to buy one I sat down and researched it and studied the car down to specs and everything. Knowledge is power.
Lastly, Enjoy shopping for the car you want. And make sure you buy it within 60 days before your tags are due. So if your tags are due Jun. 30 make sure you buy it between April 30 and Jun 30. This will save you money in most states where Ad Valorem tax applies. You won't have to pay it for another year! Most people don't realize that and buy their car just outside the 60 day window, so when they go pay their TTL or pick up their tags (depending if you included the TTL in your financing) they have to turn right around a few months later and pay the huge Ad Valorem tax again when their tags are due. Hard to do sometimes when you add another vehicle to your budget.

I hope many of you find this post helpful! I had to learn the hard way on my first vehicle purchase :( At least this time I learned from my mistakes!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #1372
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by XclusivEric View Post
DO NOT BUY A VEHICLE FROM HERE!

Legacy Chevrolet of Columbus
Columbus, GA
706-405-4030
www.legacychevy.com

DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!

They wanted $500 down and to do a credit check before they would even let me test drive a car! And they wanted $46k out the door for the exact car I have now! OUTRAGEOUSLY OVERPRICED! I purchased my car for just under $41K with TTL, that's $5000 cheaper for a 2 hour drive and was delivered! Was well worth it! Here are some suggestions... Get online find the car you want! Check online with some car dealerships and get involved with the Internet Sales department first. Build your car on Chevy.com, it should list the MSRP. The MSRP is exactly what it means Manufacturer SUGGESTED Retail Price. They can go lower! What they don't tell you is that they make the same commission regardless of what they sale the car for. Don't buy into that "well we are a well known dealership and get paid by the hour and don't make commissions." WRONG! WRONG! They don't want you to know that because your sales person has to make a living too! Do research on the car you want. Find out whether your salesperson knows anything about the car by letting them tell you about it themselves that way you'll be able to determine if they actually know what they are talking about or they are just blowing smoke up your A$$. 9/10 they are blowing smoke up your A$$. Then you want to deal with their sales manager/supervisor. Talk TOTAL price of the car! Don't tell them you want to pay between so and so a month. They will find a way to slide in hidden fees to make them more money. Don't! Don't! Don't pay a down payment. That goes directly to your salesperson's commission. If it means saving up money to pay the TTL yourself then do so. It'll save you money in the long run unless you plan on paying it off in short period of time.
Make sure you don't buy in until you get the right interest rate. I'd personally suggest going to a bank you already bank with. They will most likely give you the best interest rate being that you already do business with them. Get them involved BEFORE making any deals NO MATTER WHAT! Don't let the salesperson run your CREDIT! They check 15 banks before your credit is approved by that time the credit checks have already done their damage to your credit. Don't let them tell you "oh we only run your credit once and disperse it out to banks" that is a LIE! The dealership cannot legally pull up your credit score. A financial institution has only the ability to do so. This is because of the PRIVACY ACT.
Once you have a bank with a pre-approval you have now the power to do some wheelin' and dealin'. Get the total price you want to pay with all options you want and TTL paid *optional*.
Do not buy the Extended Warranty no matter if the finance department salesperson says, "I personally suggest it, I have it on every vehicle I ever owned" They are there to make money too. There are cheaper extended warranties elsewhere. Besides if you plan on doing modifications then you void your warranty anyways so what's the point of paying for something you won't be able to use? However GAP insurance I liked, I've had it in the past but isn't neccessary if you are paying off your vehicle in a short period of time. IT covers the GAP if you are overunder on your loan. If financed it can cost you even more money than what you paid for it in the long run.
Make sure you don't get pressured while buying a car. The fact is, YOU are there to BUY a car don't let them SELL you what you don't want. If you feel pressured get up and leave immediately. I felt proud when I told my salesperson at Legacy that the price was outrageous and he was completely wasting my time and got up and walked out. Seeing the look on his face was satisfying to me. Take your time and buy towards the end of the month they are most likely to make a good deal at the end when they are trying to meet their quota for their commission. Also if they find the car you want don't automatically say, "oh I'll take it." Find something wrong with it and get them to lower the price even more. I told my salesperson I didn't want the stripes on my car (I really didn't though). I got them to take an extra $750 off the car when the stripe kit was $470. When I got my car I actually ended up liking it! It matches the interior well!
Do NOT settle! GET the car you want for the PRICE YOU want to PAY! It may take some time however but you'll thank yourself later for taking the time to get what you want. I was looking at buying a Camaro for over a year. Then when I finally decided I was going to buy one I sat down and researched it and studied the car down to specs and everything. Knowledge is power.
Lastly, Enjoy shopping for the car you want. And make sure you buy it within 60 days before your tags are due. So if your tags are due Jun. 30 make sure you buy it between April 30 and Jun 30. This will save you money in most states where Ad Valorem tax applies. You won't have to pay it for another year! Most people don't realize that and buy their car just outside the 60 day window, so when they go pay their TTL or pick up their tags (depending if you included the TTL in your financing) they have to turn right around a few months later and pay the huge Ad Valorem tax again when their tags are due. Hard to do sometimes when you add another vehicle to your budget.

I hope many of you find this post helpful! I had to learn the hard way on my first vehicle purchase :( At least this time I learned from my mistakes!
thats columbus GA for ya.. 8 years later and they still trying to screw soldiers..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote