The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-08-2024, 10:10 AM   #15
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
I can't help but to admire the styling. It seems that Chrysler is the only auto maker that is putting in an honest effort to style their passenger cars. This is an effort and result that is sorely missing in most automotive genres.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:42 AM   #16
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
The front end styling is a swing and a miss in my highly trained bionic eyes.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 06:09 AM   #17
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
Name reuse is bad idea in a lot of cases.
Very true. You want to innovate? Then don't reach back to the past hoping to pick off some old fart or two who knew what it originally meant because it doesn't work on them. Most of the younger generation doesn't even know what those phrases mean today most of the time anyway. Come up with some new marketing ideas instead of rehashing the old names that do not apply any longer.

Always reminds me of the "new Coke" back in 1985. Very bad idea to force people to the "new" thing while taking away the "original" thing. You see how great of an idea that was. Where's that "new Coke" now?

I get it. There are always those that want a 3 ton iphone, so let them have it. I tend to be amused at all the folks forking out over $1000 for a portable phone, when my old iphone has the same exact OS theirs does and does pretty much the same stuff, minus all the newest tech. Color me I don't care. I wait a few years and they'll give me a phone like theirs for free if I sign up for service somewhere.

I have noticed more car companies trying to add more style their iphone-mobiles because while that's good, that's pretty much all they have left to do. There's just something about EVs that doesn't stir my inner soul to excite me to WANT to drive one. I never get excited when I lower the thermostat a little to get the A/C to kick on. Same feeling. It's very different, though, when you turn the key and the V8 rumbles to life. Can't describe that feeling in words. It's not really just the car, it's the entire ownership experience. You either get it, or you don't.

I think this is a good swing at the ball by Dodge. At least they're not cutting off their noses and have a backup plan with their gas powered versions waiting in the wings. I think GM better wake up to that as well or they're going to do some layoffs by the end of the year. Although I have noticed they're bombarding my email inbox with CT4/CT5 ads lately. Whether it's just to get rid of the 2024s to make room for the 2025 next month or who knows?

And mangling the term muscle car won't do them any favors either, because, it's just not a muscle car no matter how hard they try to make you think it is. The real muscle car era is closing down while the "fake muscle" car era tries to sputter to life. And that's fine by me. I got mine while I could. If you missed out, then that just sucks for you.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 06:29 AM   #18
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Very true. You want to innovate? Then don't reach back to the past hoping to pick off some old fart or two who knew what it originally meant because it doesn't work on them. Most of the younger generation doesn't even know what those phrases mean today most of the time anyway. Come up with some new marketing ideas instead of rehashing the old names that do not apply any longer.

Always reminds me of the "new Coke" back in 1985. Very bad idea to force people to the "new" thing while taking away the "original" thing. You see how great of an idea that was. Where's that "new Coke" now?

I get it. There are always those that want a 3 ton iphone, so let them have it. I tend to be amused at all the folks forking out over $1000 for a portable phone, when my old iphone has the same exact OS theirs does and does pretty much the same stuff, minus all the newest tech. Color me I don't care. I wait a few years and they'll give me a phone like theirs for free if I sign up for service somewhere.

I have noticed more car companies trying to add more style their iphone-mobiles because while that's good, that's pretty much all they have left to do. There's just something about EVs that doesn't stir my inner soul to excite me to WANT to drive one. I never get excited when I lower the thermostat a little to get the A/C to kick on. Same feeling. It's very different, though, when you turn the key and the V8 rumbles to life. Can't describe that feeling in words. It's not really just the car, it's the entire ownership experience. You either get it, or you don't.

I think this is a good swing at the ball by Dodge. At least they're not cutting off their noses and have a backup plan with their gas powered versions waiting in the wings. I think GM better wake up to that as well or they're going to do some layoffs by the end of the year. Although I have noticed they're bombarding my email inbox with CT4/CT5 ads lately. Whether it's just to get rid of the 2024s to make room for the 2025 next month or who knows?

And mangling the term muscle car won't do them any favors either, because, it's just not a muscle car no matter how hard they try to make you think it is. The real muscle car era is closing down while the "fake muscle" car era tries to sputter to life. And that's fine by me. I got mine while I could. If you missed out, then that just sucks for you.

+1. Nothin' for me to add!
Old 03-10-2024, 11:19 AM   #19

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I'm surprised Dodge is pursuing this supposed "EV Muscle Car." It's just too phony of a concept.

They should have looked at the flop of the EV Mustang. A muscle car name slapped on an EV doesn't fool anyone.

Remember the big EV Copo Camaro drag-car? If I recall that was a one-hit wonder that was soon forgotten.

I give Dodge an A for effort with the styling, but they still can't help but give it the bulbous EV Tesla-ish look. Oh well. We all live and learn.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 01:21 PM   #20
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I'm surprised Dodge is pursuing this supposed "EV Muscle Car." It's just too phony of a concept.

They should have looked at the flop of the EV Mustang. A muscle car name slapped on an EV doesn't fool anyone.

Remember the big EV Copo Camaro drag-car? If I recall that was a one-hit wonder that was soon forgotten.

I give Dodge an A for effort with the styling, but they still can't help but give it the bulbous EV Tesla-ish look. Oh well. We all live and learn.
The Mustang flopped because it had no resemblance of a Mustang.

The COPO EV was most likely a pre-cursor to a regular 7th Gen Camaro but instead much of the team went to GMC for the Hummer and Camaro died. Many cars built for SEMA never come to fruition