Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #15
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
This is the ONLY time I would ever say, It is just a car.

P.S not sure the note under the battery was a good idea. Battery probably will not get pulled for 2-3 owners down the road. It is going to suck if you get a call.. "I found your note.. What did you do to my car... it is running crappy."
Old 09-07-2010, 08:16 AM   #16
Domic

Drives: '11 Chevy crew cab. '14 black 1LE
Some fathers are worthless (like mine) who are completely self obsorbed egocentric aholes. It's a tough thing to live with but learn from it and don't let the cycle of abuse continue to your own children. good luck.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #17
mdinferno

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT/RS
hey bro sorry to hear about your situation... in soon time you will own another one....
Old 09-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #18
Rip

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradosaurus View Post
Robert,

What else do you need to know than he was fighting with his Dad. Are any of your boys over 18? My first one turned 20 last year and he decided to test me in my own house. I won (non violently of course).

My son needed this lesson so that when he becomes a father he will learn to be a good father (and a good husband).
So, dad is always right no matter what?

What a load....
Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 AM   #19
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
was your dad a co signer or what? since you were under the age of 18, then you can take your dad to small claims court & have every thing switched over. still make the payments & have your mom help you

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #20
Shift

Drives: Me 2001 F150, The wife '11 2SS RS
This is a truly tough situation, hopefully your differences can be overcome sooner than later.

He may not let it go to repossession, that may have just been his anger speaking. But family is definitely more important than any car, a car can be replaced. I would suggest not running and try to work it out with him, just don't let your car get in the way.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #21
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
wow, sorry for your turmoil with your father. Things usually work out. I agree with the above post in that his credit will get messed up and after a year or two of paying your truck payment then you will get some credit built up to go buy another camaro.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #22
Jefe's SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM L99
I don't know your situation but I say nut up and reconcile w/ your father. You're 17 and he's still in charge and legally responsible for you. You were living under his roof so it's his rules. Someday you'll have your own roof and it will be your rules. He was kind enough to borrow money in his name to help you get the Camaro. I'm guessing it's a case of you becoming a man and your father losing his "little boy". Try to see it from his shoes. You're still on time w/ the payments so not all is lost.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #23
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
So, dad is always right no matter what?

What a load....
YEP! Now you got it!

If Daddy ain't happy no one is happy!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Man there's a lot wrong with that story...

Forget the car, without knowing any details it sure sounds like mending fences and respecting your parents, should be your #1 priority. Just look what happened when you had a falling out w/ your dad (you ran to your mom who you haven't talked to in 4 years). What happens when you get pissed at her again, dad may not be there...

WoW... there are lot of things here WAY more important than a Camaro.

Time to grow up. Making car payments and working doesn't mean you're there yet, especially when you didn't even qualify for the loan...
Old 09-07-2010, 09:16 AM   #25
aberafik
MURDER SS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS Murderd Out
Send a message via AIM to aberafik Send a message via Yahoo to aberafik
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon View Post
Man that sucks. Too bad you also didn't know you dad has no legal right to report the car stolen and have you arrested. It doesn't matter who's name it is in. If you have legal permission to the car, and you been the one making payments, then the police will only tell your dad this is a civil matter. Now your dad can come and take the car from you but you also can go and take it back. I have been in this situation before. I should say that a girl I was dating was in this situation with an ex where a car was in his name but she was the one making payments. Police got involved and this is what they said and walked away. Was 100% civil matter.

Now he may be able to talk to the bank about having a voluntary repo but he also may be bluffing. who wants a repo on their credit report? And if you called the bank and explained the situation and still continue to make payments, they probably wouldn't even allow a voluntary repo.

At this point if I was you, I would call the bank and let them know what's up and that you will continue to make payments. Tell the bank what is up and see if they will not allow your dad to repo it as long as there are payments. Most likely they don't want a repo, they may lose a lot of money themselves.

Your the man lets help this kid get his car back. Hopefully you have a spare key if not the might be a option. Second if your name on the insurance on the car? third how did you make payments to the car? fourth get the car and disable the onstar. fifth make a payment imdeditly. fifth does the dealer know that this was your car? sixth did you make a down payment? seventh did you have reciepts for the purchss of the aftermarket items. eighth dose people see you drive this car as your own? ninth do have witnesses to this matter? Let me know i think we all can help you and some of us will start a thread postings to help you keep this car, There are probly lawyors here driving Camaros.

And here is few thangs you can tell your dad after we tell you when to say it

1. Hey Dada I love you dad im sorry about all the hardache i gave u n the past. lets work this out please my camaro is my life and everythang i have.

you gotta fake it till you make cause i know you hate ur pops right now but your his son, so show him love and compassion.

2. He Dady boy, you wanna play this game ill see your fat A$$ in court.

3. Hey dad go ahead do the repo, here is information on what happens to a person when they repo there car. Your so call perfect credit will go down the garbage. And it will ruin you. Good luck sucker

4. Dad, Im not ever going to miss a payment, Have i ever missed a payment? this car is my life my future my everythang, It will ruin me for rest of my life. And it will cause hardship for both of us. Let me continue making payments on my dream car. If I ever missed a payment take it away. And Ill also leave you alone I know you been stressed out latly and Ill live with mom so you can have your peace. I love you dad but its time for me to grow on my own. But i will always be there for you. Let me make this car mines and wont miss a payment. Lets sign a legal document stating about what i said.

5. "ring, ring, ring, Son you stupid of a bee. You stole the car im going to call the police. You then say "yea fattie go ahead go call the police they will laugh in your scumbag face and we will take this to civil matter and your fattie will loose. Then he will say "you son of a bee, I made you and I can break you. Ill get the car repo, how about that sonnie boy, your jus a punk like them damn rappers on the radio" then you say "hey you listen to me I run this S%#T now im a grown AZZ man, you cant tell me what to do, you dont scare me. What repo? you think the bank will repo this car if been paid on time, And just recieved another payment?" Then he might say "hey You stupid matha F'er I will sell the car how about that loser boy?" then you say "OOOOOO im so scared shaking in my boots go sell it the car lost alot of value even with all the aftermarket parts. You will be the one that will get ding not me you Loser Father. Plus if that happens I already talked to a lawyor that is helping me with this matter, And basicly your screwed big time from what he stated." then your father is going to hang up so wait 10 mins and txt him "dad your my father why dose it have to be all this drama. I know i havnt been a great kid I still love you, After the divorce bettween you and mom, my life has been changed. Please let me keep my baby. I will forever make payments. Love you dad, you have always been there for me from when i was a lil kid and when you helped me get my dream car. Love u old man.

Dont do none of these steps till we till you when. Lets get your car back and shows of your car so i know what we dealin with
Old 09-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #26
aberafik
MURDER SS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro SS Murderd Out
Send a message via AIM to aberafik Send a message via Yahoo to aberafik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe's SS View Post
I don't know your situation but I say nut up and reconcile w/ your father. You're 17 and he's still in charge and legally responsible for you. You were living under his roof so it's his rules. Someday you'll have your own roof and it will be your rules. He was kind enough to borrow money in his name to help you get the Camaro. I'm guessing it's a case of you becoming a man and your father losing his "little boy". Try to see it from his shoes. You're still on time w/ the payments so not all is lost.

Ya he is right he dose love you maybe he tryin to teach you a lesson because you became cocky drivin around n ur new camaro and thought ur on top of the world, and didnt care for nobody but yourself. Make the payment and really make it up to the old guy. Buy him a gift also show your really sorry.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #27
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Heres the silver lining... look at purchasing the car back from GMAC. Talk to CamaroScotty or Becky, and ask them if there is a way to purchase that specific car. If Dad is just going to let them repo the car (possibly the dumbest thing he could do) GMAC doesn't want the car, they want the money. Since you have the VIN Scotty or Becky should be able to keep track of the car.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #28
tradosaurus
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 F150 Lariat, Candy Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by aberafik View Post
Ya he is right he dose love you maybe he tryin to teach you a lesson because you became cocky drivin around n ur new camaro and thought ur on top of the world, and didnt care for nobody but yourself. Make the payment and really make it up to the old guy. Buy him a gift also show your really sorry.
I guarantee you that this kid is like 99% of teenage males and your point above is exactly what happened.

Instead of the kid becoming a man and respecting his father he has to run to his mommy's skirt.

That's why more and more boys are becoming effiminate because their mommy's run the household. And this society is encouraging it through the courts and through stupid sitcoms.

Closed Thread