The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 11-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #15
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Hmmmm

Didn't Nintendo buy out Sega???

Just saw a commercial for a new Sonic game only on the 360 with Kinect
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #16
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Hmmmm

I think Sega is it's own company, but I might be wrong... They are considered a "third-party" software developer, making games across different gaming platforms.
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #17
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
I think Sega is it's own company, but I might be wrong... They are considered a "third-party" software developer, making games across different gaming platforms.
Yes, Sega is just a third-party developer now, they make games for any/all consoles.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #18
Rshep

Drives: 2010 SS
My room mate went out and bought the Kinect Xbox... I gotta say I'm impressed with it and will be getting it around christmas hopefully. here is another video that shows a lot of cool features such as facial recognigition

Old 11-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #19
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #20
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Yes, Sega is just a third-party developer now, they make games for any/all consoles.
I thought Nintendo owned all that too, when they bought out Sega the first thing that came out was Mario vs Sonic games

Maybe only at first they were limited on to which console they could write Sonic games for????

If not that was Dumb of them, first thing I would of done is flood the market will cross platform Sonic games as folks liked that little blue guy.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #21
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
The only problem with kinect and move is that it's going to be very hard to be competitive with games. A majority of people buy games to compete online. The first couple games that come to mind.

Fighting games:
Street Fighter
Crossover (tekken vs. street fighter, TvC, MvC, CvS etc.)

Racing games:
Forza
Gran Turismo
PGR

RTS:
Starcraft
Warcraft
Command and Conquer

First person shooter:
Halo
Call of Duty
Gears of War
etc.

With the kinect or move, how are you supposed to play these games well?

How do you plan to do a dragon punch (Shoryuken) without a controller? How about blocking?

Neither is going to be able to tell the pitch of your foot for the "accelerator" pedal if it changes by a degree or two, so you'll mostly have a couple levels of throttle and won't be able to upshift/downshift with any sort of speed as they recognize you going forward and back only.

Unless you have a touch screen TV, you'll never be able to play a RTS even 1/10th as well as with a keyboard/mouse combo. You need so many hot keys that there's just no way in hell you'll be able to have fun with a RTS game on these.

Finally comes FPS. How would you reload? How would you go prone? how would you aim? How about grenade? turn on your flash light/laser equipped to the gun? how about calling in an air strike for CoD? etc. etc. etc.

Kinect and Move will be great for relaxing/party games, but not much else. It'll be a fun "accessory" but you can bet that they're not going to move away from controllers in the future.

They only game that I've heard about that would be fun to be competitive on is the Playstation 3's ping pong game for the Move.
The support is going to be so limited that this is going to get no use.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #22
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
I thought Nintendo owned all that too, when they bought out Sega the first thing that came out was Mario vs Sonic games

Maybe only at first they were limited on to which console they could write Sonic games for????

If not that was Dumb of them, first thing I would of done is flood the market will cross platform Sonic games as folks liked that little blue guy.
Before the Mario vs Sonic games, there were quite a few Sonic games that that were made across all platforms starting with the nintendo Gamecube, Microsoft Xbox, and Playstation 2. The first Sonic game to be open to all consoles was in 2003, and the first Mario vs Sonic was released in 2007.

Mario vs Sonic olympic game was made by Sega and they received special permission to include Mario in the game. However, it could only be released on the nintendo platforms because Mario is a Nintendo exclusive character.
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #23
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
3D and motion controlled Video Games are two technologies I wish would go away!
I disagree, at least on the motion control standpoint.

Yes, at the moment motion control cannot fully replace a controller because it's not accurate enough to detect fine motor control, but the potential is there to reach that level of accuracy at some point in the future. But those advancements will never come about if we drop the technology now, while its still in its infant stages.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #24
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
I disagree, at least on the motion control standpoint.

Yes, at the moment motion control cannot fully replace a controller because it's not accurate enough to detect fine motor control, but the potential is there to reach that level of accuracy at some point in the future. But those advancements will never come about if we drop the technology now, while its still in its infant stages.
- X
Im sure by summer time we will have games that use both motion control and a controller of some type. Which will be better in the long run.

I could see some cool combat stuff with both motion and a controller.
Letting body movement do half the work.

Where the other systems are limited to just a controller.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #25
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I've heard that the next Ghost Recon is going to use hand signals to direct your AI team around. Since I sit 4 feet from my tv I won't be able to use it.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote