Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-23-2019, 02:09 AM   #43
ohsmily
Account Suspended

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE A10 ShadowGrayMetallic
"Brake checking" (it is sad there is a name for this) is dangerous, childish, and, depending on your jurisdiction, potentially a crime. There is never a good defense for it. If you feel you are being followed too closely by a vehicle, you can move over if there is another lane. If there is no other lane, decreasing your speed can increase the safety of the short distance between you and the vehicle behind you. If you feel that the vehicle behind you is so unsafe as to pose a threat to you, then pull off the road. "Brake checking" is the act of a childish moron who doesn't understand what is at stake. Tailgating can be dangerous, too. But responding in kind is the act of a child. Of course, I have found that in the car enthusiast demographic, especially American muscle, there is a solid contingent of poorly educated, mouth-breathing morons. Of course, the majority of our community seems to be comprised of reasonable and good people.
ohsmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:31 AM   #44
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
"Brake checking" (it is sad there is a name for this) is dangerous, childish, and, depending on your jurisdiction, potentially a crime. There is never a good defense for it. If you feel you are being followed too closely by a vehicle, you can move over if there is another lane. If there is no other lane, decreasing your speed can increase the safety of the short distance between you and the vehicle behind you. If you feel that the vehicle behind you is so unsafe as to pose a threat to you, then pull off the road. "Brake checking" is the act of a childish moron who doesn't understand what is at stake. Tailgating can be dangerous, too. But responding in kind is the act of a child. Of course, I have found that in the car enthusiast demographic, especially American muscle, there is a solid contingent of poorly educated, mouth-breathing morons. Of course, the majority of our community seems to be comprised of reasonable and good people.
I'm not sure what education level has to do with safe driving. I know plenty of well educated people who can't drive worth a crap and plenty with only a HS diploma who drive quite well. If you have such a low opinion of car owners in the American muscle group perhaps you would be better served with a Prius or a Smart car rather than a ZL1, it's probably wasted on you.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:08 PM   #45
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
That’s the same as it is here in Georgia where I live Buckeye!
Old 05-24-2019, 10:04 AM   #46
AlphaDream
Piston Slapper

Drives: Volt gen2, Colorado V6, soonCamaro
Tesla driver was a douchebag for cutting the Camaro off by crossing three lanes to the left at the moment the Camaro driver finally had the opportunity to pass on the left. The Camaro driver was also an asshole for forcing the collision.

Gotta have that "water off a duck's back" attitude when driving or road rage incidents like this will cause trouble. The Tesla driver is lucky he didn't get his ass beat or worse.

Another potential issue is how Tesla's brake lights may work. I have a Volt and when I'm in high-regen mode, if I take my foot off the accelerator then the car slows fast enough for the brake lights to go on. I'm very concious of this so I'm careful not to do anything that could be interpreted as brake checking, but if the Tesla works the same way, it's possible the Tesla driver inadvertently brake checked the Camaro driver earlier in the video. Combined with blocking passage, it could have stoked the hot-headed Camaro driver to a full boil.

In any event, it was a video of two assholes acting like douchebags. They're fortunate it only ended in a rear end collision.
AlphaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #47
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsmily View Post
If there is no other lane, decreasing your speed can increase the safety of the short distance between you and the vehicle behind you.
I think this deserves an award for the most unrealistic piece of advice I've ever read on the internet.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:10 AM   #48
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
you'll be giving out a lot of awards if you stay tuned long enough to driving advice online.

Just sit back and relax because in the not so distant future (decade or less) we'll be staring down the very real and very current reality of legislating out human driving for the betterment of society and it will have safety, personal financial cost, public financial cost and convenience due to reduction in traffic, faster commute times and less stress all backing it up. There will be no good enough reason to resist the move.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:31 AM   #49
Mich2112

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
The bottom line is: aggressive behavior does not belong on the roads. If you can not control your temper get a bicycle.
Mich2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:32 PM   #50
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Lot of bullshit in here. Brake checking is stupid, tailgating is slightly less stupid. Keep your dumb aggressive shit at home and let the rest of us commute in peace. Jackoffs.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 02:35 PM   #51
CamaroVille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
Lot of bullshit in here. Brake checking is stupid, tailgating is slightly less stupid. Keep your dumb aggressive shit at home and let the rest of us commute in peace. Jackoffs.

+1
Built 6/21/18 -- Purchased 7/28/18
CamaroVille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:15 PM   #52
WarlockCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
You know what this video reminds me of? The same accident that caused me to get a Camaro. In short a C6 Corvette was going 50mph on a wet three lane road and struck a person that was illegally on the crosswalk. He braked and caused a chain reaction four cars behind him. The last car was me in my 370z and might I add I was a TWO car distance away from the BUICK SUV in front of me, and no amount of braking and swerving stopped me from hitting that car. I advise everyone to stay TWO cars distance away when it's raining or snowing it can save your car, your insurance and your life. In this situation it wasn't necessarily a brake check it was more or less a sudden stop during the worst weather conditions possible, but never the less be cautious.

Drive safe, everyone
WarlockCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote