Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #29
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
so your motor was completely stock no bolts ons or tune or anything?
Old 04-26-2019, 11:35 AM   #30
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
But Id say one thing: a big number of folks down shift too early and routinely spike RPMs over the redline.

I've noticed this in a few youtube videos, it makes me cringe ... i'm guessing the auto rev match downshift feature sort of enables this? If you're manually rev-matching a downshift you're already have the behavior of braking a good deal before downshifting because well, that's just how it's done, and you might want to explore heal and toe too (something i need to learn!).
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:36 AM   #31
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
I agree: statistically these are inconsequential and GM stands behind the warranty with zero questions asked which is beyond superb. But Id say one thing: a big number of folks down shift too early and routinely spike RPMs over the redline. Do it one too many times and something will go boom eventually, as each time the motor is stressed beyond its max operating limits.

This is a very good point, I don't think I have any bad habbits with doing this though mainly because I focus on my braking before I even think about down shifting, one thing at a time haha
Old 04-26-2019, 11:38 AM   #32
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
so your motor was completely stock no bolts ons or tune or anything?
Cat-Back exhaust and catch-can that's it. YES I HAD A CATCH-CAN AND THEY DIDN'T VOID IT!!!!!! Crazy I know lol
Old 04-26-2019, 11:51 AM   #33
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
I've noticed this in a few youtube videos, it makes me cringe ... i'm guessing the auto rev match downshift feature sort of enables this? If you're manually rev-matching a downshift you're already have the behavior of braking a good deal before downshifting because well, that's just how it's done, and you might want to explore heal and toe too (something i need to learn!).
Not really, at least in my experience. I have found the auto rev to be a great feature even tho i had used heel and toe for a very long time before. Basically it reduces driver's workload which is good imo as it allows me to focus on other (plenty) things during corner entry. Bottom line rev limiter won't prevent over revving in either situation so keeping an eye on revs is always a good idea regardless.
Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 12:24 PM   #34
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I agree: statistically these are inconsequential and GM stands behind the warranty with zero questions asked which is beyond superb. But Id say one thing: a big number of folks down shift too early and routinely spike RPMs over the redline. Do it one too many times and something will go boom eventually, as each time the motor is stressed beyond its max operating limits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops View Post
I can remember this when I used to right seat people for MFBA back in '09/'10. Absolutely cringe worthy, plus if you go to high the back end could come loose.

One fella said "well that's what the rev limiter is for." I politely explained that the limiter has no control over the engine RPMs when you mechanically force it over redline. He didn't believe me...
Old 04-26-2019, 12:28 PM   #35
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
oh wow well thats good lol didnt remove the catch can before dropping off car?
Old 04-26-2019, 12:48 PM   #36
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
One fella said "well that's what the rev limiter is for." I politely explained that the limiter has no control over the engine RPMs when you mechanically force it over redline. He didn't believe me...

Some people just don't understand how things work.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:32 PM   #37
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Maybe in June or July Nicky! May is going to be pretty slammed for me haha
I PROMISE you love our group. Buddy does 1.24
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:36 PM   #38
NickyRacerBoy

I'll buy u lunch at Clubhouse. Going Thursday and Friday...members day.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:01 PM   #39
FNxR3DNECK

Just got word that the new engine was delivered today and they already started the swap! I really can’t believe how quickly this is going lol was expecting it to take at least 2-3 weeks but it’s looking like I’ll have the car back by Wednesday or Thursday if they don’t run into any problems!
Old 04-27-2019, 05:31 AM   #40
NickyRacerBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Just got word that the new engine was delivered today and they already started the swap! I really can’t believe how quickly this is going lol was expecting it to take at least 2-3 weeks but it’s looking like I’ll have the car back by Wednesday or Thursday if they don’t run into any problems!
New long block coming with oil pan? You should ask because when it does it comes with new oil heat exchanger. You dont want to reuse. I even threw out my intake manifold air filter ect. Metal everywhere. Ask them. Drop the oil and filter when u get home from dealership.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:50 AM   #41
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Impressive...and it took me months for my dealership to acknowledge a bad tune situation on my car...
Old 04-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #42
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Great to hear there were no injuries and paint exchanges, as well as GM standing behind their product!

Yes, I have seen this happen a few times especially at HPDE and where people don't break a bad habit or are not taught what the downshifts are really for.

Brakes = slowing down or stop, Downshift = proper gear coming out of a turn, which needs to be done before the turn and after the hard braking...well at least that's what I've learn and worked for me.

To the OP, Thank you for posting here, as I don't have a fb acct.