Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 10-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #1
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
6th Gen 1LE in NASA/SCCA Time Trials

Copy/pasting this here since I didn’t get much of a response in the 1LE sub.

Well the thought has been bouncing around in my head for awhile now about getting into Time Trials, but especially now after this weekend at VIR with NASA.

So since I’m pretty clueless on what it will take to get my car up to spec for TT I guess my question is has anyone here done so already with a 6th gen 1LE (or even a 5th gen even)?

I did talk to a couple TT guys there this weekend that were running C6Zs in TT1/TTU. According to them the 1LE would get destroyed and I should try to go with TT2. But that’s all the info I have now, I couldn’t find anything on NASAs site about what classes the 6th gen can/have to be in. And it seems like the SCCA classes can be translated to NASA classes so I guess I could do both.

Anybody?!? What you got for me???
Old 10-11-2018, 09:04 AM   #2
jpdaugherty

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I competed in the SCCA's inaugural Time Trial Nationals at NCM. It was a great time! But they need to revamp the classes, had to compete against ZL1 1LEs and a McLaren MP4. Hopefully they'll bump some of those cars into another class or put the SS in S2 with the Mustang. Regardless the car held it's own to be completely stock! Placed 2nd in S1, 6th quickest overall out of 128 cars and got fastest street driven time. Would have really put the pressure on the McLaren if I'd had 200tw tires....

Next year they're going to hold at least 10 events across the country and nationals will be held at NCM for the next 10 years.

https://www.scca.com/pages/tt-nationals
jpdaugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:18 AM   #3
JeromeS13

Drives: 2017 1SS/1LE
FYI, NASA has a handy dandy form. Just browse through their classing TT rules and follow the form:

Rules

Classing Form
JeromeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
JRL1LE

If will be close but you can run TT3,
Weight is with driver, hp is based on dyno

4000 lbs
425 hp
+ .6 for weight

= 10.01

If you and car are lighter or hp on dyno is higher, then add some weight or go TT2
JRL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #5
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdaugherty View Post
I competed in the SCCA's inaugural Time Trial Nationals at NCM. It was a great time! But they need to revamp the classes, had to compete against ZL1 1LEs and a McLaren MP4. Hopefully they'll bump some of those cars into another class or put the SS in S2 with the Mustang. Regardless the car held it's own to be completely stock! Placed 2nd in S1, 6th quickest overall out of 128 cars and got fastest street driven time. Would have really put the pressure on the McLaren if I'd had 200tw tires....

Next year they're going to hold at least 10 events across the country and nationals will be held at NCM for the next 10 years.

https://www.scca.com/pages/tt-nationals
This would definitely be the easiest go to for me since my car is still pretty much stock right now. I believe my local SCCA region uses these same classes for TT at their track days so I will have to check that out next year when the season starts up.

And yea the classing does seem a little rough on the 6th gen SS putting it in S1 will all of those really fast cars. I could see them leaving the ZL1s in there and moving the SS to S2 but it could be pretty dominant there with the right driver.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:56 AM   #6
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL1LE View Post
If will be close but you can run TT3,
Weight is with driver, hp is based on dyno

4000 lbs
425 hp
+ .6 for weight

= 10.01

If you and car are lighter or hp on dyno is higher, then add some weight or go TT2
I like what you are thinking, and my best lap from this weekend (2:08.5) would have been good enough for 2nd in TT3.