Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 03-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #1
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Need help with Spectrum Lighting!!!

So I bought a pair of ZL1 door panels to install in my SS 1LE and to my surprise they came with the spectrum lighting elements already installed! I wasn't planning on adding these to my car but what the hell I might as well now right?!? So I plugged everything up and they didn't light up :( so I realized it needs an update to the computer to work and here lies my problem. I don't know what update it needs! So to those of you that added the spectrum lighting to your 1SS or LT what update do I need?!? Or did your kit come with a code?!?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
PM 2SSRS@Gen5diy's right here:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/member.php?u=4916

He's knows everything about adding stock parts to cars that didn't come with them. You're head unit doesn't know you added lighting. Not sure the dealer can unlock that or not. He'll tell you.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:27 PM   #3
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
PM 2SSRS@Gen5diy's right here:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/member.php?u=4916

He's knows everything about adding stock parts to cars that didn't come with them. You're head unit doesn't know you added lighting. Not sure the dealer can unlock that or not. He'll tell you.
Thanks I will definitely ask him! I know the dealer can update it to activate it I just need to know what update/flash I need! Hopefully someone that installed the kit will chime in!
Old 03-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #4
drew.87

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
I'm subscribed to this thread. Waiting for a result. Thanks FNxr3dneck for leading the charge on this!
drew.87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:35 PM   #5
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
So I bought a pair of ZL1 door panels to install in my SS 1LE and to my surprise they came with the spectrum lighting elements already installed! I wasn't planning on adding these to my car but what the hell I might as well now right?!? So I plugged everything up and they didn't light up :( so I realized it needs an update to the computer to work and here lies my problem. I don't know what update it needs! So to those of you that added the spectrum lighting to your 1SS or LT what update do I need?!? Or did your kit come with a code?!?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
You need the led module if your car didn't come with the spectrum kit. also it needs to be fully wired under the dash. as well as a hmi update. Just look at the thread in the how to section title adding interior spectrum to 1ss.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote