Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 01-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #29
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Are you saying I was the first? haha I too love red accents that's why I added the red grill inserts and the red wheel center caps. as for stripes I don't think red stripes would look too good, but I could be wrong. It's worth a try if you think you will like it!

Edit: Oh and I almost forgot, I ordered 2 more things for it today! Mishimoto catch can and skip shift eliminator. Got the catch can for $195 and they threw in the skip shift for free, and install is going to be about $90.
Install it yourself. Super easy for the catch can. Skip shift you just need some jack stands and courage. Save that money for other goodies. I installed my Mish Catch Can in around 15 minutes if you subtract fishing around for the bolt i dropped and lost.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #30
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5er View Post
Install it yourself. Super easy for the catch can. Skip shift you just need some jack stands and courage. Save that money for other goodies. I installed my Mish Catch Can in around 15 minutes if you subtract fishing around for the bolt i dropped and lost.
Catch can is easy, BUT be careful with the little tube that comes off the intake. A few have broke that, and if you do you will need a new intake...

I have a skip shift, haven't put it in yet for two reasons. 1- I heard the placement of it on these cars requires small hands to reach, my hands are anything but small lol, and 2- I think in the 400 miles on my car I hit the skip shift once. It's far less intrusive than it was on my C5Z or 4th gen Camaro. If I drove in traffic, it may be a different story.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #31
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5er View Post
I don't have a good place to do it myself or jack stands or anything like that so the $90 for install is no big deal. If I was back home in NC me and my dad would put them on, but it's a different story up here.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:23 AM   #32
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I don't have a good place to do it myself or jack stands or anything like that so the $90 for install is no big deal. If I was back home in NC me and my dad would put them on, but it's a different story up here.
Ahhh bummer. Gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #33
KH6GEN1LE

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1le
Just curious, how much surface is being PPF'd on the front of the rear tires? Pictures would help if anyone already has it done.

Thanks.
KH6GEN1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #34
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH6GEN1LE View Post
Just curious, how much surface is being PPF'd on the front of the rear tires? Pictures would help if anyone already has it done.

Thanks.
Do you mean on the rocker panel right in front of the rear wheel? For the package I'm getting it's supposed to cover the entire rocker.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #35
KH6GEN1LE

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1le
Quote:
Do you mean on the rocker panel right in front of the rear wheel? For the package I'm getting it's supposed to cover the entire rocker.
Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Thanks
KH6GEN1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #36
SpeedLimit

Drives: 2019 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx6g1le View Post
For reference R3dneck. I like it and it's easier to maintain imho. The XM fin is a real PITA but a professional can knock it pit pretty quick. Looking forward to photos!

You forgot to install your Texas front license plate....
SpeedLimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:33 PM   #37
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
They fix your trunk lid for ya?
They said 95% and recommended not repairing we got the dents out to cars done Monday
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #38
kparker

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Artic Blue
I read some of you have done PPF (clear bra) before on previous cars.
How does it hold up after several years? Does it start to change color a little? Are dents/cuts from road rash visible after some time? Maybe this depends on the brand and care given over the years.
I'm contemplating having this done but not sure yet. I will not spend too much time at the track. Couple times a year maybe.
3100 - 2/06/2017 TPW 2/27
3400 - 2/21/2017 TPW 2/27
4200 - 2/28/2017 Built 190751
delivered - 3/5/2017
kparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 03:03 PM   #39
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post
I read some of you have done PPF (clear bra) before on previous cars.
How does it hold up after several years? Does it start to change color a little? Are dents/cuts from road rash visible after some time? Maybe this depends on the brand and care given over the years.
I'm contemplating having this done but not sure yet. I will not spend too much time at the track. Couple times a year maybe.
I've done this on about five cars of mine. I would never own a nice car again without PPF.

The film has gotten much better over the past few years too. Like Xpel now offers a 10 year warranty on it's Ultimate PPF (this is what I am getting installed on my car next week).

They used to sometimes turn a little yellow (especially the older 3M PPF), but the past two cars that I had done (Xpel) did not. If you maintain them, the new PPF should last at least a decade before they need replacement.

I know the Xpel Ultimate is self healing. So if you get a dimple from a rock, not only will it protect the paint, but it will over a few days flatten back out again.