The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-06-2020, 11:14 AM   #15
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
As I said, in my initial comment: Their finances are in shambles and they do not have the money to engineer a new, lighter model ('Cuda???) that can do more than just go very fast in a straight line. With that being said, they sell a solid amount of Challengers. People that simply want a fast car where they don't have to do anything more than smash the gas pedal to the floor at a stop light will be very happy with this platform. I'd rather have a jack of all trades, a la ZL1 or Corvette...but that is just me.

Different strokes for different folks. That is what makes the world go 'round.
People always say this and again with the WB that is not the case (not saying the Vet and ZL1 aren't superior because they for sure are). I think it is because of that marketing department and in particular the marketing of the Demon. Only laptime info available but gives you an idea that the WB is not a slouch in "cornering" events.

https://fastestlaps.com/tests/j33356nc7g8k

Edit: Also the HC by far has the absolute WORST tires on it....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #16
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I did see one article on the Hellcat Durango stating it is only going to a be around for 1MY because it won't pass emissions in 2022...wonder how that will start to effect the rest of the hellcat lineup
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:33 AM   #17
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
People always say this and again with the WB that is not the case (not saying the Vet and ZL1 aren't superior because they for sure are). I think it is because of that marketing department and in particular the marketing of the Demon. Only laptime info available but gives you an idea that the WB is not a slouch in "cornering" events.

https://fastestlaps.com/tests/j33356nc7g8k

Edit: Also the HC by far has the absolute WORST tires on it....
I get it. You and Rocket403 are HUGE Mopar guys. You live, eat, breathe and dream about the brand. Again...I get it. Enjoy them. Why you both choose to hang out on GM sites and try to get people to accept your opinions on Mopar's is beyond me, but hey...if you're having fun, that is cool with me. As far as the tire choice, it's a joke. I suggest writing a letter to the imbeciles at FCA and ask why they would place all-season tires on a straight line muscle car and why you have to spend more in order to get stickier, summer-only rubber. Cuckoo!!!

The Challenger platform (for the most part) is a straight line, heavy car that is meant to go fast for 1,320'. The Widebody models were created by adding larger brakes, better suspension, wider tires, etc., to an otherwise straight line monster. They did what they could, but in the end, they still cannot sniff a ZL1, GT500 and most other cars in the segment, around a track. Enjoy your Mopar's, but you're not going to get many people to jump on board with you at C5.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:54 AM   #18
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
I get it. You and Rocket403 are HUGE Mopar guys. You live, eat, breathe and dream about the brand. Again...I get it. Enjoy them. Why you both choose to hang out on GM sites and try to get people to accept your opinions on Mopar's is beyond me, but hey...if you're having fun, that is cool with me. As far as the tire choice, it's a joke. I suggest writing a letter to the imbeciles at FCA and ask why they would place all-season tires on a straight line muscle car and why you have to spend more in order to get stickier, summer-only rubber. Cuckoo!!!

The Challenger platform (for the most part) is a straight line, heavy car that is meant to go fast for 1,320'. The Widebody models were created by adding larger brakes, better suspension, wider tires, etc., to an otherwise straight line monster. They did what they could, but in the end, they still cannot sniff a ZL1, GT500 and most other cars in the segment, around a track. Enjoy your Mopar's, but you're not going to get many people to jump on board with you at C5.
Eh....it was my first MOPAR. I just look here from time to time being a former Camaro owner. Hell I still go to the GTO board too and haven't owned a GTO in 10 years

Agree and a Pirelli, 305 at that. Why not a 315? So many other options for tire at that size. A lot have switched to the Michelin Pilot Sport AS (305) and it's suppose to be a huge difference but I'm not at the point of needing tires yet. Would love to be able to cram the 315 Pilot Super Sport under there but not sure about fitment. Some are running 315's but I know from experience the Super Sport is typically wider for the size.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #19
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Eh....it was my first MOPAR. I just look here from time to time being a former Camaro owner. Hell I still go to the GTO board too and haven't owned a GTO in 10 years

Agree and a Pirelli, 305 at that. Why not a 315? So many other options for tire at that size. A lot have switched to the Michelin Pilot Sport AS (305) and it's suppose to be a huge difference but I'm not at the point of needing tires yet. Would love to be able to cram the 315 Pilot Super Sport under there but not sure about fitment. Some are running 315's but I know from experience the Super Sport is typically wider for the size.
Michelin PSS's would treat the HC very well. I'd mount 315 rears and 285 fronts from the factory (and a 305 square set-up on the Widebody models). They are great on my Vette GS (although it runs a 335 rear). The Pirelli's are sub-par, IMHO. When I had my SS, I sold the Pirelli's and bought GY Eagle Supercar G2's from the 1LE/ZL1 and they were light years better. The FCA tire choice on such a vehicle is beyond bewildering.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 07-06-2020, 06:17 PM   #20
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Quote:
I get it. You and Rocket403 are HUGE Mopar guys. You live, eat, breathe and dream about the brand. Again...I get it. Enjoy them. Why you both choose to hang out on GM sites and try to get people to accept your opinions on Mopar's is beyond me, but hey...if you're having fun, that is cool with me.
You have no clue about me I am a die hard Olds Guy had more then 10 Cutlass most of my cars are GM and if they built a Muscle Car I would buy it nothing in their lineup interests me at this time but I hang out here, I can't even remember the last time I have been to the Dodge site.
Right now Dodge is king GM has the Vette and it is king in its segment.
Attached Images

1998 Monte Carlo SS
1980 Cutlass Supreme 403

Last edited by rocket403; 07-06-2020 at 09:13 PM.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 09:29 AM   #21
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
You have no clue about me I am a die hard Olds Guy had more then 10 Cutlass most of my cars are GM and if they built a Muscle Car I would buy it nothing in their lineup interests me at this time but I hang out here, I can't even remember the last time I have been to the Dodge site.
Right now Dodge is king GM has the Vette and it is king in its segment.
Sorry. I didn't mean to get your tit caught in a wringer. If you reread my comment, I actually say that if you're having fun, I am happy for you. I meant no disrespect. I also said that if you're trying to get people on board with SRT on a GM site, you're spinning your wheels, but best of luck.

P.S. The Oldsmobile tattoos are...um...interesting.

Old 07-07-2020, 11:18 AM   #22
rocket403

That hurt a bit need to make sure I avoid the wringer LOL

I'm a Muscle Car guy 1st Mopar I have owned and I like the Challenger, much better than the Mustangs I had in the past.

If GM was to make a Muscle Car I would consider it but it would need to be better than a rebadged Holden that they have done in the past.

I am sure that GM is not going to do that so my next car will be a Big Block Olds

Just need to send my youngest to university 1st She was picked up to play at a D1 Hockey in the US now I have to figure out if it is safe to send her to the US in Sept.
1998 Monte Carlo SS
1980 Cutlass Supreme 403
Old 07-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #23
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Shit I gotta say I just saw that blue C8 twin turbo LMR did. I might could be converted back to GM

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 07-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #24
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
That hurt a bit need to make sure I avoid the wringer LOL

I'm a Muscle Car guy 1st Mopar I have owned and I like the Challenger, much better than the Mustangs I had in the past.

If GM was to make a Muscle Car I would consider it but it would need to be better than a rebadged Holden that they have done in the past.

I am sure that GM is not going to do that so my next car will be a Big Block Olds

Just need to send my youngest to university 1st She was picked up to play at a D1 Hockey in the US now I have to figure out if it is safe to send her to the US in Sept.
Understood. I don't see GM making a true muscle car anytime soon. Heck, I don't even see the Camaro going to a Gen 7. Barra and her crew are Hell bent on EV and having 23 CUV's as their only lineup. We shall see.

Quote:
Shit I gotta say I just saw that blue C8 twin turbo LMR did. I might could be converted back to GM
The guy's name is Mike (Streetspeed717) and he doesn't live too far from me. Yes, he has had some very nasty cars built for him in the past.

Old 10-03-2020, 12:25 PM   #25
rocket403

New commercial with the Super Stock
https://www.torquenews.com/106/new-d...r-redeye-video
1998 Monte Carlo SS
1980 Cutlass Supreme 403