The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-17-2020, 02:13 AM   #15
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Wow another mustang. Maybe chevy should have just kept rehashing the 5th gen things would have turned out better.
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:17 AM   #16
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Ford provides their faithful with various performance models...GM provides us with $2,500 sticker packages. It all evens out in the end.

You only need one if you get it right the first time

The Camaro SS 1LE

Fords PP1 and PP2 still used the cheap Chinese 6 speed and didn't cool the rear end.

The new Mach 1 looks like it fixes those 2 failures.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:20 AM   #17
StingrayblueSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
The Camaro is as good as dead. If it is not an all-electric CUV, Barra and her crew are not making it. Sorry guys. The GM Performance 2+2 vehicle is up a creek. GM's top brass has decided that it will turn the company into an all EV manufacturer and there is nothing that we can do about it. In a few years, if you're looking for performance vehicles, non-EV vehicles or non-CUV vehicles, you'll need to shop elsewhere. It is what it is.

Get woke, or start backing another vehicle manufacturer.
Well there's that mid engine thing they just introduced....
12.391 112 MPH 10/05/19
StingrayblueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:23 AM   #18
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Q1 2020 was particularly embarrassing. Not to highjack your thread Martinjlm

FORD MUSTANG +6.81% 18,069
DODGE CHALLENGER -9.63% 12,138
CHEVROLET CAMARO -40.54% 7,185
The worst part is most Car Mags agree that the Camaro is the better preforming car.

The Challenger is proof you don't need a redesign every 3-5 years.

14 years later and it still sells strong.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:21 AM   #19
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
You only need one if you get it right the first time

The Camaro SS 1LE

Fords PP1 and PP2 still used the cheap Chinese 6 speed and didn't cool the rear end.

The new Mach 1 looks like it fixes those 2 failures.
Yes, the 1LE is a Track Package that is offered for the Camaro, but I'm speaking of these Ford "power bump" variations (Bullitt & Mach 1). Both Dodge and Ford have offered various performance variants to their lineups, GM's only "variant" is the 1LE (and it still gets the 455hp LT1). I simply would've liked to have seen a "be all, end all" SS variant for its swan song. The Camaro will be gone in ~2 years and replaced with 3-4 new EV CUV's. Hey, it is what it is. On top of all of this, when is the last time that you saw a commercial for a Camaro? Years? Again, Barra is going in a completely different direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
GM had maxed out the front engine, RWD Corvette platform. There was absolutely nothing more that they could have done with it. My C7 Grand Sport is perfectly balanced and would take a professional driver to push it to its max. It is almost incapable of being upset. The car just sticks and carves. The mid-engine platform opens up an entirely new design that can be pushed further that any front engine. It will be interesting to watch.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:39 AM   #20
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Base one doesn't look different than a Bullitt but the one with the handling pack looks great. Yet another exciting edition to the Mustang lineup while GM does nothing with the Camaro. Ford and Dodge market their muscle cars in a better manner. People aren't wowed by handling performance they are wowed by being offered special toys like these and the shaker , Daytona , gt350, Bullitt, hellcat, widebody , etc.... That doesn't the Camaro needs to become a crap handling car, no, but what needs to be emphasized to consumers is something else.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:57 AM   #21
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Last time I saw a Camaro commercial was last night.

But that’s because I was watching the 2011 12 Hours of Sebring on YouTube

I think if GM was bold enough to bring some of the classic names back it would help move more cars. A modern Yenko would be cool or if they did some throwback to the Sunoco Penske trans am cars that raced in the late 60’s
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:13 PM   #22
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
I like the look, but I don't really need a track car considering where I live. Plus they most likely will start around 50k. Thus why I'm still leaning towards the Challenger and kind of waiting to see what the 400z has to offer.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 03:27 PM   #23
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayblueSS View Post
exactly
Old 06-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #24
RagingHawk

Can anyone name some potential 'special' editions for the 7th gen Camaro? What could GM do with the Camaro to keep generating excitement? Seems not many people were interested in the Z28 of the 5th gen, even though it had an LS7. I'd think GM needs to another 'spring edition', and some kind of special edition with an LS7 motor to compete with Mach1/Bullitt. Expensive track weapon will not do it though. Was the Z28 even intended to be a track weapon in the first place? Excuse my ignorance here.

If GM were to make a 7th gen Camaro they need to spice things up a bit. Would love to see LS7 motor make a comeback in a Camaro model. And maybe an all electric model too.
Old 06-17-2020, 04:24 PM   #25
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Can anyone name some potential 'special' editions for the 7th gen Camaro? What could GM do with the Camaro to keep generating excitement? Seems not many people were interested in the Z28 of the 5th gen, even though it had an LS7. I'd think GM needs to another 'spring edition', and some kind of special edition with an LS7 motor to compete with Mach1/Bullitt. Expensive track weapon will not do it though. Was the Z28 even intended to be a track weapon in the first place? Excuse my ignorance here.

If GM were to make a 7th gen Camaro they need to spice things up a bit. Would love to see LS7 motor make a comeback in a Camaro model. And maybe an all electric model too.
Originally the Z/28 was a track pack option. Came with a smaller displacement but higher revving V8, track focused suspension, and I think it offered better brakes as well. That was the correct application of that badge
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
Old 06-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #26
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Originally the Z/28 was a track pack option. Came with a smaller displacement but higher revving V8, track focused suspension, and I think it offered better brakes as well. That was the correct application of that badge
Thanks for clarifying, I wonder if they can then make a package with extra power or a unique engine to compete with Mach1/GT350. Just to generate excitement like Ford is doing. I liked the 5th spring edition, it at least had a body kit and unique wheels among other things.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:02 PM   #27
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:

Sorry but another spring edition Camaro? In my opinion, if gm is going to stay relevant, it's gonna take way more than that. But I think the ship has done sailed to be honest. Short of a complete redesign and different marketing plan across the board (including something other than some transformers movie) they're pretty much done for.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:02 PM   #28
xc_SS/RS

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying, I wonder if they can then make a package with extra power or a unique engine to compete with Mach1/GT350. Just to generate excitement like Ford is doing. I liked the 5th spring edition, it at least had a body kit and unique wheels among other things.
It would be really cool if the new 5.5L flat plane crank V8 fit in the engine bay for a new age Z/28 or A ZLE track car