Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #1
jjanders0

Drives: Imperial Blue LS
Spring is here...

Just got an LS that I'm looking to mod. The the Heritage wheels are pretty cool. I'm probably going to swap those out for something more aggressive pretty quickly.

My big question is...with Spring upon us here in the South (Georgia), the pollen's going to be quick vicious. Anyone have any ideas on basic tools I can carry in the trunk to keep the finish (somewhat) clean in between washings. I figure I'll be washing about every 10 days or so.
jjanders0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
Spiv
Why you gotta be hatin'?

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
You can get wipes that are designed to remove pollen and bird crap, etc.. from the vehicle, in betweem washes. I have some in my trunk, but haven't used them yet, to know for sure how safe they are on the paint/clear coat.
Spiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
SCPO/SS

Drives: 2010 2SS / 6AT Cyber Grey
Not here in the Panhandle of Texas. We got 3" of snow on the ground for the 1st day of spring. My baby is going to stay in the warm garage until that white stuff melts away.
Attached Images

SCPO/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
Look into Adam's line of car care products. Waterless car wash,detail sprays,etc.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPO/SS View Post
Not here in the Panhandle of Texas. We got 3" of snow on the ground for the 1st day of spring. My baby is going to stay in the warm garage until that white stuff melts away.
WOW.

We didn't even get snow here.... LOL.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:52 AM   #6
jjanders0

Drives: Imperial Blue LS
Well..all of our snow is gone which is great. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll pick up some of the Adam's waterless and keep it with me in the car.
jjanders0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Get a California Car Duster. That thing saved me from the horror of pollen twice in the last too days. It stinks to walk out in the am and find your orange camaro is now green. A quick mop down and she's ready to roll. Then when the pollen stops she gets a nice wash and wax!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #8
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
AA California duster and Adam's Waterless Wash.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #9
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPO/SS View Post
Nice house
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
AA California duster and Adam's Waterless Wash.
Have you used the waterless wash yet? Does it work well?
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #11
iluvmy67camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Red Jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjanders0 View Post
Just got an LS that I'm looking to mod. The the Heritage wheels are pretty cool. I'm probably going to swap those out for something more aggressive pretty quickly.

My big question is...with Spring upon us here in the South (Georgia), the pollen's going to be quick vicious. Anyone have any ideas on basic tools I can carry in the trunk to keep the finish (somewhat) clean in between washings. I figure I'll be washing about every 10 days or so.
I'll go into a little detail below, but this is what you really need to do. Check out this link, it contains all you need to know about how to clean and detail your Camaro without doing any damage to the clear coat. Junkman2008 is a miracle worker.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/search...archid=4604001

And then head over to your local AutoZone, they will have most everything you need. Definitely need to get the duster, it's a must to have in the trunk, but make sure you shake it out before you use it and then use it with a very SOFT touch, I cannot emphasize that enough. As long as your car is already clean, the duster will pick up all that loose pollen and take it all away. However, once there is a film of dirt on your car, all you are going to do is scratch the clear coat so it's time to get out that bucket and wash your baby. Another thing to note, is that those between washing sprays are only good when your car is clean and has NO FILM, otherwise you can do damage to the clear coat.

Check out that link!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #12
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasty2ss View Post
Have you used the waterless wash yet? Does it work well?
Yes. It works great. If your car really needs a bath, there is no substitute for washing it. But, if your car just as a little bit of dust on it, then using a California Duster (very gently... only use the tips) and the some Adam's Waterless Wash with a couple of their Waterless Wash towels works great.

I agree with ilubmy67camaro - watch the junkman's videos. Also, Adam's has some great videos on their site as well to show how to use their products.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote