Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-09-2018, 09:34 AM   #155
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...=5763088753001

Look at the videos toward the bottom. B-roll package? What's that?
B roll is just supplemental footage. It’s not a new package on the car.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:34 AM   #156
RobertAvitia
BYND GARAGE

Drives: 17' 1LT Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
Am sure that is a typo. The 2 media outlets that drove & wrote articles about the turbo 4 1LE both said manual 6 speed only.
Also says keyless start
RobertAvitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:34 AM   #157
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I bet we look back at this one day and say it's not that bad. Remember on the 4th gens when Chevrolet went catfish on us? Looking over the GM pics, it's slightly growing on me. I guess, I'll reserve final judgement until I see the real thing.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #158
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I think it looks MUCH better with a painted grill center and raised bowtie! If the bowtie is easy to remove, it's not a big deal... I like it otherwise and the 10 speed will be a welcome improvement!

edit: I can't tell if that's hyper blue... is it?

Old 04-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #159
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Hopefully they dial down the humps over the gauges
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #160
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
This is what happens when you mess with perfection.
LuvMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:39 AM   #161
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
I think it looks MUCH better with a painted grill center and raised bowtie! If the bowtie is easy to remove, it's not a big deal... I like it otherwise and the 10 speed will be a welcome improvement!

I would have to see an all black version of the actual car. Not the GM cgi crap.

Speaking of, does anyone know why GM extensively uses cgi for everything? Kind of understood it in the late 90's. But think it actually hurts them currently...

Last edited by '01LS1; 04-09-2018 at 09:56 AM.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #162
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
are there any photos of the SS 1le yet??

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #163
LSxWittles

Drives: Stuff and Things
Hmm, I'm just not so sure about the taillights. Will have to wait and see them in person. But I do think the rear is a bit better. Just those tails...
LSxWittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:44 AM   #164
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
This reaction happens Everytime a new car is unveiled or refreshed. The reactions are always especially harsh from owners of the current version.

Personally I think it's an improvement and most will by next year when they're on the road. I do wish the side windows were larger though.

The rear is an especially big ++++. The current rear is not good.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:44 AM   #165
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
2018 Mustang looks way better. This looks like a Charger.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:45 AM   #166
PhantomV8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
2018 Mustang looks way better. This looks like a Charger.
That’s saying a lot considering how much uglier the mustang got, but I agree.
PhantomV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #167
LOBBS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post

That's actually acceptable. Or plug the flowtie and paint the cross bar (They had to have planned for a front license plate so I don't think blocking the flowtie would kill things)
LOBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #168
Idyll
lost between two shores

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
If I had purchased a new '18 on Saturday, and read this on Monday morning, I'd be sick to my stomach.

I haven't seen, or read, anything that makes me not look forward to the '19 refresh. However, if I had just purchased an '18, I'd be saying I hate the 2019, too.

DETROIT — Chevrolet today introduced a reinvigorated 2019 Camaro lineup with distinctive designs, new available technologies and the first-ever Turbo 1LE.
“Lauded since its introduction for its balance of driving fun, refinement and value, the restyled 2019 Camaro reaches even higher with more of the design, technology and choices that customers want,” said Steve Majoros, Chevrolet marketing director for Cars and Crossovers. “It’s a performer with few competitors and a pillar of Chevrolet’s energized car lineup.”
Highlights include:
  • Camaro SS now offered with 10L80 10-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission featuring custom launch control and line lock
  • Chevrolet Infotainment 3 systems, including available navigation
  • New available Rear Camera Mirror*
  • New available Forward Collision Alert*

Performance-driven design
The 2019 Camaro’s updated designs are not only striking but also help to improve performance. For instance, the grille details and hood and fascia vents were designed for optimized air flow, either to cool components or help minimize drag or lift. Camaro designers follow the mantra that all elements must not only be beautiful but also enhance performance.
Design highlights include:
  • New front-end styling with distinct differences between LS/LT, RS and SS, including the fascia, grille, LED dual-element headlamps and reshaped hood (ZL1 retains its airflow-optimized front-end styling)
  • SS-specific front fascia with “flowtie” open bowtie grille emblem and aero-enhancing air curtains, specific headlamps with new LED signature and extractor-style hood
  • RS Appearance Package available on LT adds unique polished black grille with Galvano Chrome lower inserts, new LED headlamps with LED signature light bar, specific rear fascia with rear diffuser and 20-inch wheels
  • New rear fascias for all models, with specific diffusers on RS and SS when equipped with Dual Mode Exhaust
  • New LED taillamps with a more sculptured evolution of Chevrolet’s signature dual-element design; red lenses are featured on LS and LT, with RS, SS and ZL1 featuring dark-tinted neutral-density lenses
  • New 20-inch wheel designs on RS and SS

Camaro tech: next-generation infotainment, rear camera mirror and more
The 2019 Camaro offers Chevrolet’s next-generation Infotainment 3 with all-new systems that provide a more personalized experience and a more intuitive interface.
They’re the most advanced infotainment systems ever from Chevrolet, with functionality that mimics the latest smartphones and tablets, and cloud connection designed to enhance personalization, available navigation, voice recognition, apps and more. They even allow vehicle software updates to be automatically uploaded over the air.
The standard system features a 7-inch-diagonal color touchscreen. An 8-inch diagonal touchscreen running Infotainment 3 is available, including one with navigation.
Additional new technology features and enhancements include:
  • Standard Rear Camera Mirror on 2SS and ZL1 models offers a wider, less obstructed field of view using a camera display that eliminates potential obstructions such as rear body pillars or seat headrests; a conventional rearview mirror view is also available
  • Improved standard rear-vision camera system* with a new, digital high-definition camera that offers improved view quality
  • Forward Collision Alert joins Camaro’s roster of available active safety features
  • Enhanced Performance Data Recorder system
Idyll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!