The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 01-21-2020, 09:00 PM   #1
Cpt. Ray T

Drives: 2010 SS A/T
Newbe Here from Central FL

Greetings guys and gals: Figured I would stop here first for a bit of an intro. Especially considering I am sure I will be asking lots of more than likely stupid questions in here as I am about to become a first time Camaro owner. I say about because I go in the morning and pay for and pick up my new wheels. I have found a very nice, low mile 2010 SS Automatic (which is against my very being to own a car like this that is automatic, however it will be to use as a daily driver and commute in traffic, so will work for me better than a standard. Plus I am getting lazy in my old age. Anyway, more about me, I have a life long Law Enforcement background, currently a Captain at our local Department here in Florida and soon to retire and move on into a different chapter of my life. Being retired will mean I will actually start paying for my own gas to and from work, so I figured why not get a cool ride to put that gas in, as a retirement present to myself. This will be my first Camaro, I have owned a C4 Corvette once before, but it was not for long. I got it and completely restored it and gave it to my wife for a birthday present. She decided she didn't like it, so we moved on to something else. But other than that, no sports cars of any kind. So this is all new to me. Until now my other rides have been a mix of trucks, motorcycles, Jeeps and now I own a FJ Cruiser to wheel and hit the trails with. So this one will need me to do nothing but drive it as far as I know. Low miles, still looks new inside and out, garage kept. Heck even has new tires. Buying it off a retired guy that has decided he wants a soft top. So I look forward to getting to know this new set of wheels, and some of you folks along the way. I do not intend on doing too many mods to this thing, but I usually don't start off with wanting to do too many mods to anything, just cannot leave stuff alone, so no telling what will happen next.

Cheers
Ray T.
Cpt. Ray T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 10:21 PM   #2
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Welcome from VA! Congrats on the soon to be new ride! Safe travels.
Old 01-22-2020, 05:22 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 01-22-2020, 03:05 PM   #4
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Welcome! we are getting all the Smoke from the Controlled Burns you are doing up your way!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:52 PM   #5
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Hello and welcome!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:15 PM   #6
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Ray T View Post
Greetings guys and gals: Figured I would stop here first for a bit of an intro. Especially considering I am sure I will be asking lots of more than likely stupid questions in here as I am about to become a first time Camaro owner. I say about because I go in the morning and pay for and pick up my new wheels. I have found a very nice, low mile 2010 SS Automatic (which is against my very being to own a car like this that is automatic, however it will be to use as a daily driver and commute in traffic, so will work for me better than a standard. Plus I am getting lazy in my old age. Anyway, more about me, I have a life long Law Enforcement background, currently a Captain at our local Department here in Florida and soon to retire and move on into a different chapter of my life. Being retired will mean I will actually start paying for my own gas to and from work, so I figured why not get a cool ride to put that gas in, as a retirement present to myself. This will be my first Camaro, I have owned a C4 Corvette once before, but it was not for long. I got it and completely restored it and gave it to my wife for a birthday present. She decided she didn't like it, so we moved on to something else. But other than that, no sports cars of any kind. So this is all new to me. Until now my other rides have been a mix of trucks, motorcycles, Jeeps and now I own a FJ Cruiser to wheel and hit the trails with. So this one will need me to do nothing but drive it as far as I know. Low miles, still looks new inside and out, garage kept. Heck even has new tires. Buying it off a retired guy that has decided he wants a soft top. So I look forward to getting to know this new set of wheels, and some of you folks along the way. I do not intend on doing too many mods to this thing, but I usually don't start off with wanting to do too many mods to anything, just cannot leave stuff alone, so no telling what will happen next.

Cheers
Ray T.
Do you like to build motorcycles?
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:15 PM   #7
Cpt. Ray T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Welcome! we are getting all the Smoke from the Controlled Burns you are doing up your way!

Haven't noticed it actually. But again, so used to it this time of year, may just not notice. Plus, wind has been pushing it on out pretty quickly. When it thickens up, it can suck a bit, but better than the woods burning up for real.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:23 PM   #8
Cpt. Ray T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Do you like to build motorcycles?

Loved building on them. More than riding them actually, and love to ride. The guy I built with moved on, and opened his shop over in Daytona, so that went to the side for the most part. But I just redid a Road King Police bike last year. Full custom paint, lots of stuff done to it. Felt good to put together 2 wheels again. In truth, I like building on most anything. First bike I did was a 02 Suzuki VL800 (was my first bike) it turned out really cool. Then chopped up an old Sporty. But my Road King was my favorite, well, of the ones I owned anyway. Built a pretty solid Jeep for wheeling, that was fun. My latest project has been my FJ Cruiser. It's just about where I want it, well for now anyway. When Paul and I built them, we did some really nice choppers along with customized other manufactured bikes. Built a bobber that won the Rats Hole bobber class at bike week one year. That was cool. I just love to tinker and customize... If it has wheels, and is cool, I like it. It's a sickness, and an expensive one..lol
Old 01-23-2020, 09:29 PM   #9
Cpt. Ray T

HECK YEA!

Got the new wheels, so I am now officially the proud owner of a 2010 SS A/T. Love it so far. Haven't had enough time behind the wheel just yet because of work, but the weekend is just around the bend. Once I actually figure out how to upload pics, I will put her up for all to see. But I just want to say I LOVE THIS CAR. anyway, that is all.. thanks for all the welcomes. If I get a question that I don't answer, please do not be offended. Sometimes it can be days between times I actually am able to get on here and poke around.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:38 AM   #10
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
A huge welcome to the Forum and to a brother LEO. I retired out of the State of Maine back in 2008. When I purchased my 2014 Camaro this was also my very first ever Camaro. Long history of owning some very nice cars but just not a Camaro. Look forward to seeing your pictures. By the way there are a few LEOs on the Forum.
Respectfully
Larry
Old 01-26-2020, 09:33 PM   #11
Cpt. Ray T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
A huge welcome to the Forum and to a brother LEO. I retired out of the State of Maine back in 2008. When I purchased my 2014 Camaro this was also my very first ever Camaro. Long history of owning some very nice cars but just not a Camaro. Look forward to seeing your pictures. By the way there are a few LEOs on the Forum.
Respectfully
Larry

Sweet. Glad you made it. Hope you are enjoying your retirement. April 8th is my tentative exit date. Will be going back to work as 46 is too young to be retired, but pulling the pin on my Law Enforcement, for now at least. Honestly not sure if I am wired correctly for anything else at this point...lol.. Looking at taking a store manager spot at a local gun shop. Folks that own it are pretty cool, and we get along great. The team working there is top notch most with military background and such, so we should get along nicely. So I think I will feel at home there. Yea, got to figure out how to post up some pics in here and get a few loaded up.

Looking at your pic, I am assuming you were a K-9 Handler. Did that twice, loved every minute of it, but was a lot of work. First dog retired from age and then got another. After finding a home for my retired dog (with one of his previous handlers), because the two couldn't get along, my Chief at the time thought it was a waste of money, so he pulled the plug on the program just as we finished certifying, and actually took my dog instead of at least letting me have him. Said there and then I wouldn't go through that again. Was heart breaking. After that chief left, we were able to restore the program, but I didn't get involved other than helping the new handler when needed. Heart still hurt from loosing my partner the few years earlier.

But time marches on. Went on to the drug unit, came out and did CID for a bit, then promoted on up. Currently second in command. Love my job, love my guys/gals, love my Chief. But the keyboard warriors and Monday morning quarterbacks are making me ready to move on along. So punching out.

If you are ever in the Central Florida area, hit me up. We can grab a cold one and tell lies about the good old days...lol

Last edited by Cpt. Ray T; 01-26-2020 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 04:38 PM   #12
MaverickLS7

Drives: 2015 1LE
Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your services, let us know when you have questions.
MaverickLS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 08:31 AM   #13
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014