The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 01-16-2019, 07:37 AM   #1
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Sick of vendors hogging forums!

Is anyone else sick of seeing C7 Carbon hogging this section? Every time I look here they are the top 3 threads! Isn’t there a vendor section for these guys? Come on everyone let’s see your cosmetic mods instead of vendors propping up their stuff. Here’s my American Authority splitter and side skirts, along with some under hood cosmeticsand Solo Performance black quad tips, ZL1 diffuser, and rear extensions. Still a work in progress though!
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:29 AM   #2
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Easy solution: charge you for membership. Charge everyone for what you get now for FREE.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:06 AM   #3
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Easy solution: charge you for membership. Charge everyone for what you get now for FREE.
Nobody will pay for membership to a website/forum that has no maintenance, no security patching, a vulnerable database that can be easily exploited and read (including PM's), no frequency of front page updates, and zero care from the owner.

This site pulls in ~5k/month in fees already and only shells out 500/month for hosting. Mods are selected volunteers similar to a homecoming court and are nothing more than a way for the ownership to skirt any daily time investment into policing the site. The lack of policies and policing is why the vendors do whatever they want, as long as their sponsorship billing clears on time.

~50k/yr piggy bank that never gets invested back into the Camaro/Corvette sites hosted here. I really wish consumers would migrate to a better, safer site. But with all the lemmings staying here, the competing sites only have 1/5th the traffic and way less unique posts.

It's like people believing that Glenn Beck actually takes stories seriously and isn't using his megaphone just to slap you with spam ads for unregulated d!ck pills and random garbage products you see on the last 3 pages of Motor Trend magazine.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:15 AM   #4
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
I hit the “new posts” at the top a lot and you sometimes see nothing but ads from vendors.

Seems like spam many times.
The Mustang forum handles things much better.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
While i agree to a decent degree with what's been said, if you don't like it leave nobody is stopping you.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:42 AM   #6
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Luckily WEAPON-X has just entered the CARBON FIBER market....They just released prototype pics for all the parts that I wanted!
I really have no use for C7 since they produce parts only parts for non-ZL1's to make them look like a ZL1.
Heck, I wanted ZL1 Carbon Fiber parts to make mine look Different.
I have a few Anderson Composites pieces....but now with Weapon-X making parts, I know my money will will go to Well Engineered Quality parts!
Attached Images

Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:59 AM   #7
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

So my intent with my OP was not so much to bash C7 Carbon or vendors in general, I know they pay for these free forums, but to draw attention to the lack of control to keep vendors from continually post in sections other than the vendor section. Also I would really like to see more of what everyone is doing to mod their Camaros! If I want to buy something I go to the vendors section, if I want to get ideas for cosmetic mods I come here, etc. I just really get sick of vendors posting in pretty much every section here.

Anyway, let’s see everyone ‘s cosmetic mods, I need ideas!
Old 01-16-2019, 02:53 PM   #8
IROC Motorsports

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro IROC-Z
Members just don't post their mods here anymore for some reason. I've seen the same thing but it's not from C7 bumping, there's just no other traffic in here.
IROC Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #9
oOKhanhOo

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
I hit the “new posts” at the top a lot and you sometimes see nothing but ads from vendors.

This site needs a revamp. Mods should gather the FAQ and make a separate three and sticky it. And have more sub-forums like under the audio/video there should be an “Audio builds”. Move all the audio builds threads to it.

This forum isn’t as active I thought either. I rarely go into this sub forum cause it’s filled with vendors ads and they’re always bumping their threads with nothing useful or new products.

“PMs sent” and “Let us know we can help”
oOKhanhOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #10
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC Motorsports View Post
Members just don't post their mods here anymore for some reason. I've seen the same thing but it's not from C7 bumping, there's just no other traffic in here.
Yeah I’ve noticed that. Changing times, more people are on FB than these forums, myself include, lately! I’ve hung out here on Camaro5 and Camaro6 for the past 10 years, just doesn’t seem the same anymore!
Old 01-16-2019, 05:36 PM   #11
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post

Yeah, i check sub threads and new posts and once n while its 5-15 threads updates from same vendor.. just wall-o-spam! Once n while.. you get TWO and its ENTIRE screen of nope-the-F-out.

Not to pick on dynosteve but this just came on *NEW* posts
Attached Images

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:29 PM   #12
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Yeah, i check sub threads and new posts and once n while its 5-15 threads updates from same vendor.. just wall-o-spam! Once n while.. you get TWO and its ENTIRE screen of nope-the-F-out.

Not to pick on dynosteve but this just came on *NEW* posts
I don’t mind as long as those new posts are in the vendor section. I also don’t have any issue with any one vendor or the moderators here, in fact I know several personally, just the lack of self discipline with where the vendors post. Also, I know nothing will be done about it as this has been this way for a long time. I’m just getting bored with it all I guess! Now I have to go check my FB groups! Lol!
Old 01-16-2019, 08:52 PM   #13
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
A lot of the 6th gen owners with 8L90's are tired of the run around on getting the trans sorted out. Why mod something that GM is writing off as cheaply as possible? You only have 5-10 heroes left in the community that are still actively chasing goals with their cars and the rest are just watching or looking for support to their problems.

I normally don't partake in this subforum because ssmike's assessment of it always being vendor posts is accurate. Those posts belong in product announcements or vendor ads. Most of my focus now is in the Warranty and Audio/Electronics subforums where I can help people that have other problems while I too wait for GM to get their act together on sorting out the AFM/NVH masking fiasco that has turned our trannies into garbage.

A lot of days the air in this forum is depressing enough on top of GM's behavior to make me think about trading-in for a truck or SUV -- likely from another brand.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:59 PM   #14
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
Agreed, it's annoying to see vendors post and bump threads that are just advertising. Maybe it it was less often it wouldn't bother me much but I do see dynosteve do a lot of them. If it was finding someone looking for something they sale that pertains to the post I'm okay with that. When the regional section is tuned into what it is I'm not okay.
Attached Images

squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote