The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 12-10-2019, 02:50 PM   #99
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Lol, I knew it...just wasn't sure if it would be you or the Dolphins fan, , so you say the video has a direct view of coaches making signals ? But the green dots on the helmets, remember those, I thought plays are called in by head set to the player with the green dot, not by signals. but go ahead, jump on those headlines
I'll be the first to say it's not a good look, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the football operations of the Pats at all, but we all know the masses won't believe that, they need their excuses.
You should probably stick to your love fest videos of your Seahawks..... only after wins of course, it doesn't make you look as foolish.....a little gay, but not as foolish.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 04:00 PM   #100
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
It's not my fault that this is the leading story in sports right now. The playcall is sent to the captain, however coaches do send in signals as far as formation and perhaps other stuff so the rest of the team is somewhat clued in. Don't downplay the importance of other forms of communication to the team. Also, helmet radios have been around long before Spygate 1.0, having been introduced in 1994...so why did they tape people in 2007.

The Patriots have claimed they were doing a "Do Your Job" and just filming the scout, yet there is 8 minutes of footage from the Cincinnati sidelines. This was also a SERIES they were doing, meaning it's likely they were doing this in many if not all of the games this year. Like I said, not a good look at all...we'll see what happens.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:41 PM   #101
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/50734050

Patriots admitted to "unknowingly violating" NFL rules.
Old 12-11-2019, 01:05 PM   #102
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

And Mr. Big Clown goes off on the NFL and Big Ben and other things again in a twitter rant.

Belichick had this to say "I hate social media. We get rid of it whenever we can...get rid of the phone, have a conversation...there's no cell phones out on the field. Who cares if you get 2,000 likes from people you don't even know? It's the 53 guys in the locker room that matter"

I really don't think the Patriots are going to take him back at this point. If any team did, they need to make sure there is a "no twitter or you're gone clause in it.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #103
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Jay Glazer showed the footage of security confronting the videographer, and the "sideline footage" that was taken.

Speaks for itself...

https://streamable.com/8cc9f
Old 12-17-2019, 08:31 PM   #104
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Lol, I knew it...just wasn't sure if it would be you or the Dolphins fan, , so you say the video has a direct view of coaches making signals ? But the green dots on the helmets, remember those, I thought plays are called in by head set to the player with the green dot, not by signals. but go ahead, jump on those headlines
I'll be the first to say it's not a good look, but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the football operations of the Pats at all, but we all know the masses won't believe that, they need their excuses.
You should probably stick to your love fest videos of your Seahawks..... only after wins of course, it doesn't make you look as foolish.....a little gay, but not as foolish.

This whole thing is absolutely a joke......we are talking about the Bengals here...the worst team in the NFL....and the Pats...one of the best teams in the NFL...….and they want to claim the Pats are cheating to beat them?

The guy doing the filming even states he didn't realize he was doing something wrong....and offered to delete the recording....but they refused to allow him to do so. Why? It's the Patriots!

The Bengals would have won the game last Sunday against them had this tape not been recorded! 1 play of substitutions from their sideline gives the Pats knowledge on what the Bengals will do on every play in the game.

It's an absolute joke. Everyone loves to hate the Pats because they win so much......a team has no chance of winning a game because 1 play of substitutions from their sideline was filmed? Had this been filmed from the opposite side of the field, what would have been different? Nothing.

As for Seahawk video's, this is one of my favorites. You have the back judge, the field judge, and the side judge, and no flag, not one of them could see this easy call to make? If this had been the Pats....it would have been a BIG deal......but since it's the hawks...not a word was said.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:14 AM   #105
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
You're right no one like the Pats and no one feels bad for the Golden State Warriors this year.
I think the Bills Pats game this Saturday will be a tight defensive battle. If Buffalo's offense doesn't turn the ball over they have a good chance to win.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 12:50 PM   #106
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
The Bengals would have won the game last Sunday against them had this tape not been recorded! 1 play of substitutions from their sideline gives the Pats knowledge on what the Bengals will do on every play in the game.
Except it wasn't just 1 play of substitutions. There were 8 minutes of sideline footage shown, and if you watch the video of when the videographer was being confronted by security it shows they were still recording it as the spoke. Who knows how many minutes were filmed beyond the 8 that were already on tape.

I don't know what's going to happen with this, however you have to admit that recording sidelines is a bad look.

We all know the Pats will be fined, and may lose or have something done with draft picks.

Even if this was just on the videographer...as a Patriot fan you HAVE to know that recording sidelines like that would look bad.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:51 PM   #107
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Except it wasn't just 1 play of substitutions. There were 8 minutes of sideline footage shown, and if you watch the video of when the videographer was being confronted by security it shows they were still recording it as the spoke. Who knows how many minutes were filmed beyond the 8 that were already on tape.

I don't know what's going to happen with this, however you have to admit that recording sidelines is a bad look.

We all know the Pats will be fined, and may lose or have something done with draft picks.

Even if this was just on the videographer...as a Patriot fan you HAVE to know that recording sidelines like that would look bad.
Nothing was filmed beyond the confrontation......the tape was immediately turned over to the NFL. Not a single person from the Pats organization aside from the person who was taping, saw this tape.

The reason this was being recorded is for the patriots web cast called "Do Your Job"...….this tape was being recorded by an independent contractor for that purpose only.

After the tape was turned over to the NFL..... the PATS released this statement.

"We understand and acknowledge that our video crew, which included independent contractors who shot the video, unknowingly violated a league policy by filming the field and sideline from the press box.

When questioned, the crew immediately turned over all footage to the league and cooperated fully. The production crew for the "Do your Job" web series is independent of our football operation.

We accept full responsibility for the actions of our production crew at the Browns-Bengals game."

I am not a Patriots fan......not even close.....I'm a Falcon fan.
You could give the Bengals the PATS playbook...and they would still lose against them......they are outmatched in size/speed/talent on both sides of the ball.
But people love to hate the PATS......I don't personally like them....but stating the PATS were cheating to beat the Bengals is ridiculous.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:03 PM   #108
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Don’t forget the other 8 weeks or so, of them filing for this “documentary” or whatever it was. I’m sure they didn’t know you could fill those teams sidelines either. Incompetence is not excuse...
Old 12-19-2019, 04:18 PM   #109
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Nothing was filmed beyond the confrontation......the tape was immediately turned over to the NFL. Not a single person from the Pats organization aside from the person who was taping, saw this tape.

The reason this was being recorded is for the patriots web cast called "Do Your Job"...….this tape was being recorded by an independent contractor for that purpose only.
The Patriots organization didn't see this footage because it was confiscated.

Nothing was filmed beyond then because they were confronted and equipment confiscated for investigation. And they had already filmed 8 MINUTES of sidelines when the tape viewed by officials. Not just 1 sideline exchange. That's a LOT of time to be devoting to a documentary on a SCOUT.

We don't know what the Pats would have done with this if they weren't caught. Remember that the Pats are already known to have excuses ready if they were confronted.

"We can delete this if you want us to. We can delete it. If I delete it, we won't be able to get it as it'll be gone." (there are programs that allow you to retrieve deleted files) If this doesn't sound guilty as hell and trying to make excuses...I don't know what is.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #110
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Don’t forget the other 8 weeks or so, of them filing for this “documentary” or whatever it was. I’m sure they didn’t know you could fill those teams sidelines either. Incompetence is not excuse...
I just love people who comment on something and don't even know what they are commenting on...……"Do Your Job" a web series on what the different job's working for the Patriots entail.

https://www.patriots.com/video/do-yo...quipment-staff

In case you didn't know....all film from this planned episode of "Do Your Job" for Scouts.... was turned over to the NFL.....the ONLY film in question is from the Bengals-Browns game.

The Pats already stated that they accept full responsibility of the film crew's mistake.

There are NO other films of ANY other teams sideline's taken by this film crew.

Know what the facts are before you post.

Old 12-19-2019, 04:40 PM   #111
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Yes, because I'm sure the Patriots would turn over or let the NFL know if there was other footage. It was *supposedly* for "Do Your Job", however that could be a cover story that was prepared.

There are NO other films of ANY other teams sideline's taken by this film crew? Yeah, because why would they admit to others. You need to append that statement with "that we know of".

We probably won't ever know more at this point...but the Patriots look guilty as hell here, and you're giving them a pass by trusting what the organization is saying now that they were caught.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:57 PM   #112
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Yes, because I'm sure the Patriots would turn over or let the NFL know if there was other footage. It was *supposedly* for "Do Your Job", however that could be a cover story that was prepared.

There are NO other films of ANY other teams sideline's taken by this film crew? Yeah, because why would they admit to others. You need to append that statement with "that we know of".

We probably won't ever know more at this point...but the Patriots look guilty as hell here, and you're giving them a pass by trusting what the organization is saying now that they were caught.

If you had watched the PATS series on "Do your Job" you would know they have released 2 of a 4 part series on Scouting, which is what this particular film crew was filming for.

My statements are based on FACT.....the facts AGAIN are...this film crew was filming for the upcoming "Do your Job" series 3 of 4 video.....FACT......all video they had for this purpose was turned over to the NFL....FACT.....the ONLY video that is in question is the Bengals-Browns....FACT.....the PATS released a statement accepting all responsibility for this filming crew's actions, regardless of their mistake....FACT

Your statements are based upon what "might have happened" with no proof to back them up whatsoever....this is defined as CONJECTURE.

I am not giving a pass on anything, I'm basing what I am saying on FACT.

The ONLY reason this is even in the media is because of "Patriot Haters"....there are tons of them....just like you...who base what they say on conjecture.....show me FACTS...there aren't ANY to substantiate your claims.