#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-15-2018, 07:16 AM   #15
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
Spacers are fine for the track with the correct thread engagement. Extended studs are so easy on this car my grandmother could have done it. Littlerly took me 10 minutes for both sides. I’ve been running spacers on track cars for years and there’s not an issue.
Rear stud change is not the cake walk the fronts are. I agree on the spacers with proper thread engagement.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 07:51 AM   #16
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Yes it is, then every set of wheels that go out have to be cut in house and that requires so much more labor, especially when the wheel face profile is dependent upon the offsets needed. A 0 and a 43mm offset have two totally different profiles for brake clearance and spoke shape. That’s why “custom” offset wheels are often much more expensive. Apex has these offsets cut in manufacturing to help keep costa down.

A small (3-15mm) spacers really are not an issue with extended studs to get the correct clearance. Next time you are in the paddock, go poke around some of the real race cars, you’ll see one or two.. Now, I wouldnt recommend bolt on spacers with the lug studs built in for the track nor would i hop on eBay and snag a set of spacers and go drive them 10/10 on the track. Not all spacers are created equal
This.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:12 AM   #17
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
Rear stud change is not the cake walk the fronts are. I agree on the spacers with proper thread engagement.
Do we need rear extended studs?
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:14 AM   #18
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Color me crazy but, I’d just rather get wheels with the proper offset than to use a spacer. Also, I thought I saw a thread about how much of a pain in the ass it was to swap out studs on these cars...
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:33 AM   #19
Move_Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
Color me crazy but, I’d just rather get wheels with the proper offset than to use a spacer. Also, I thought I saw a thread about how much of a pain in the ass it was to swap out studs on these cars...
Whatever works for your budget man. Apex wheels are great track wheels for the price. And they are proven for years, lots of new companies coming out these days.

The front studs are beyond easy. All you need is a sledge or dead blow, a few washers and a lug nut. There was a guy on here that took his whole brake assembly off and pulled the hub, super unnecessary. Since we don’t really have a brake shield our studs just pop right out the back. Fronts take 10 mins. Easier than a pad change
Old 12-15-2018, 08:35 AM   #20
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
You’re not crazy, but then you can’t run a true square wheel/tire package without spacers. The front studs are the easiest I’ve ever done. You don’t even have to remove the brake rotor or caliper. Rear studs are always more of a challenge, but you don’t need a rear spacer with the Apex setup.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 08:46 AM   #21
Badgerbimmer

Drives: ZL1 A10
I am also not a fan of running hub centric rings to get a wheel to fit. As a long time user of Apex wheels on my M3 track car it is very disappointing to me that Apex has not stepped up to the plate and given the Camaro community some real wheel options.
2012 Audi S4
1992 Porsche America Roadster
1990 BMW 325Ic
Badgerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:01 AM   #22
Move_Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbimmer View Post
I am also not a fan of running hub centric rings to get a wheel to fit. As a long time user of Apex wheels on my M3 track car it is very disappointing to me that Apex has not stepped up to the plate and given the Camaro community some real wheel options.
You’ll be pleasantly surprised in a few months then
Old 12-15-2018, 10:10 AM   #23
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
You’ll be pleasantly surprised in a few months then

That would be great...Apex has been singing that song for 18 months now.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #24
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
18 here.
10.5 F
11.0 R
But have two sets so could run 10.5 square
Ford Motorsports Studs.

This is before I got more aggressive with a camber and Hoosiers which I no longer run
https://youtu.be/uKTw78hKCmg
NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:30 AM   #25
NickyRacerBoy

Drives: 1LE
Some pic. Thick spacers for sure. Doesn't seem to affect my driving
Attached Images

NickyRacerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:45 PM   #26
RXtacy

Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
The setups being discussed don't need longer rear studs.

Quote:
If you're referring to my install thread I would not say it was a pain in the ass. At all.

Quote:
Whatever works for your budget man. Apex wheels are great track wheels for the price. And they are proven for years, lots of new companies coming out these days.

The front studs are beyond easy. All you need is a sledge or dead blow, a few washers and a lug nut. There was a guy on here that took his whole brake assembly off and pulled the hub, super unnecessary. Since we don’t really have a brake shield our studs just pop right out the back. Fronts take 10 mins. Easier than a pad change
That was my thread. Pulling the hub is incredibly easy as well. I also mentioned in the thread you can do it with a lug nut without pulling the hubs. Either way they are quite easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
You’re not crazy, but then you can’t run a true square wheel/tire package without spacers. The front studs are the easiest I’ve ever done. You don’t even have to remove the brake rotor or caliper. Rear studs are always more of a challenge, but you don’t need a rear spacer with the Apex setup.
This. If you want to rotate a truly square setup while going as wide as possible you are going to need front spacers regardless.

I got my Apex track setup on clearance for like $250/wheel. I'm not going to complain about running hub rings when the wheels are cheaper than the tires
RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #27
RXtacy

Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
This is my 18x10.5 with 295/30/18 square setup. Using 12mm spacers in the front, no strut grinding, maxed out camber.

RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:27 PM   #28
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Does he have the federal RSRR in a 305?

I’d be interested in a set for auto X if he does
No. They stop at a 275/35/19 in the RS-RR. They say they will go on a 11" wheel but I'm skeptical. I've seen pictures of them on their side next to a 285 RE71R and they are the same height, both unmounted. Even is it's no faster than OE tires, its a plus at half the price. I'm not sure why Federal doesnt offer anything wider in this tire. They do have a 305/30/20 and 295/30/20 I'd be willing to try for a street tire. It has a 240 treadwear but looks to be better all arounder. It's the Evoluzion F60.

Thanks for uploading the pictures.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote