The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2020 Camaro Fest (X)

Old 01-23-2020, 09:08 PM   #43
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
You'd hope so with the increase in drag racing and autox they're making more money overall unless attendance is way down.
Well the increase in drag and autox certainly doesn't result in low attendance.
There is a base percentage that always shows up then new folks each year.

Also, Joe and I have zero aspirations to make money off the event, but we don't want to take it in the shorts either.
We do this simply as a labor of love and to keep it going. Happy to turn over the reins to anyone that wants it and can do it justice.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:45 AM   #44
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Also, Joe and I have zero aspirations to make money off the event, but we don't want to take it in the shorts either.
We do this simply as a labor of love and to keep it going. Happy to turn over the reins to anyone that wants it and can do it justice.
My organizing event days are over for along time. I think you and Joe do an awesome job with the event you can't always please everyone being in Bowling Green but now the west coasters have Camarocon to go to. Still a near 14 to 16hr. drive to BG for me and if event and life allows I should be at CFX and the ones after for a few years at least.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:12 AM   #45
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
My organizing event days are over for along time. I think you and Joe do an awesome job with the event you can't always please everyone being in Bowling Green but now the west coasters have Camarocon to go to. Still a near 14 to 16hr. drive to BG for me and if event and life allows I should be at CFX and the ones after for a few years at least.
Pleasing everyone isn't an issue at all and we don't stress over location. BG cannot be beat.

I also did make the longest drive of anyone to attend CamaroCon. The racing isn't near what it is at CFest there is no night parties, but I had a total blast running my car and doing my own thing without having to run things. I will go again this year and we at CFest fully support that one.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:38 PM   #46
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Mike, you and Joe do an great job organizing this event. With all that is going on you still find time to have fun.
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 03:44 PM   #47
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom And Cheryl View Post
Mike, you and Joe do an great job organizing this event. With all that is going on you still find time to have fun.
Thanks... we do have fun and seeing all our old friends once a year is the best. Most attendees come for the same reason which is cool.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:47 PM   #48
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom And Cheryl View Post
You know that's one thing I was happy to see at CF7. Not only do they run it but they interact with it. I've seen plenty of events where the organizers are to caught up in the execution and the entire event is lessened because they don't genuinely interact with the people there like Mike and Joe do.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 02:10 PM   #49
3.8TransAM

Drives: SS 1LE, 89 TTA, 91 GTA, 91 Formula
Okey dokey! Sell me on attending Camarofest. Long time BG attendeee for the GS Nationals due to my TTA, bit haven't done it for other makes/models yet.

Need to burn vacation and no guarantees I will have my 1LE by them, but why not?
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 03:43 PM   #50
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post
Okey dokey! Sell me on attending Camarofest. Long time BG attendeee for the GS Nationals due to my TTA, bit haven't done it for other makes/models yet.

Need to burn vacation and no guarantees I will have my 1LE by them, but why not?
Sell you on CFest?

Wednesday - Large Meet & Greet Dinner at Smokey Bones
Thursday NCM Road Course, or a cruise if you chose to not do NCM Track
Friday/Saturday - 2 Days of Drag Racing - Plenty of vendors at Beechbend
Sunday - Another Cruise

Not to mention the great parking lot party each night. Meet a bunch of great people and have a great time coming together to enjoy a hobby we all love and enjoy!
Old 01-28-2020, 04:24 PM   #51
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.8TransAM View Post

My dad use to race at the GS Nationals ALL the time. Huge Buick fan

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:26 PM   #52
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksta View Post
Sell you on CFest?

Wednesday - Large Meet & Greet Dinner at Smokey Bones
Thursday NCM Road Course, or a cruise if you chose to not do NCM Track
Friday/Saturday - 2 Days of Drag Racing - Plenty of vendors at Beechbend
Sunday - Another Cruise

Not to mention the great parking lot party each night. Meet a bunch of great people and have a great time coming together to enjoy a hobby we all love and enjoy!
Can’t say that you’re great tho

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:51 PM   #53
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Can’t say that you’re great tho
Seems fitting because that is also something that your name is never used in conjunction with.