The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #29
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
I like how the longer you play, the better stuff you get. But it stinks to get started, the experienced guys just murder you.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #30
masterofpuppets
Pulling your strings

Drives: My girlfriend crazy with car talk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
I like how the longer you play, the better stuff you get. But it stinks to get started, the experienced guys just murder you.
For some classes. I still love my M24 for recon and so do a lot of others since I get killed by that gun.... a lot

I love how the medic class gets the LMG's. It forces people to be a class that, in most games, few people want to be. That's genius. The downside is all the medics are now out front and dying but still, it's awesome
Old 03-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #31
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
For some classes. I still love my M24 for recon and so do a lot of others since I get killed by that gun.... a lot

I love how the medic class gets the LMG's. It forces people to be a class that, in most games, few people want to be. That's genius. The downside is all the medics are now out front and dying but still, it's awesome
As do i....... Cherry pickers......
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #32
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Would you recommend this game for someone like myself who doesn't play online?
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #33
piam101

Drives: 04 Pontiac GTO M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
If they balance the guns it'd be so much better. I was on panama canal earlier and shot a guy standing at a in the upper chest my sniper rifle while is was near b. He turned around and killed me in 2 shots with an auto shotgun........HUH?!
There is an unlock for the shotgun that changes it from a high damage close range weapon to decreased power and increased range + accuracy. Its basically a more powerful pistol with the unlock, and works extremely well. I've killed snipers with it from long range due to its amazing accuracy! It's one of my favorite weapon combinations.

I bought this game after playing Battlefield 2 for years and love it. Only play online, which is great. As people have said before, the physics and destructible buildings are very good, and the game is fairly realistic. Pistols actually have a good chance against the more powerful weapons in this game.

The game mode I play 90% of the time is hardcore. This makes it so there is no crosshair for most weapons unless zooming, removes the radar unless you are looking at the scoreboard, and reduces the overall health of all players and vehicles. This makes the damage seem very realistic, generally taking anywhere from 1-3 shots to kill players. Tanks can be taken out with a mortar strike (basically artillery for former BF2 players) too, which is always nice.

There is a sound profile called War Tapes. I HIGHLY recommend everyone who plays this game to use that profile as it is excellent. Kinda hard to explain exactly what it does, but I suppose it's a replica of what soldiers would say in real combat. The characters mention when they are being shot at by an enemy or sniper, if a grenade is thrown, attack or defend this position, etc. For example, if there are multiple people attacking a base in a hidden position, and you spot and kill only one person, the others will call out to be careful. This lets you know that there is at least one other person out there.

There are four classes to choose from and various weapon/gadget/equipment/vehicle unlocks to obtain. This makes things more interesting as you can make weapons customizable and choose things like more powerful bullets, body armor, extra ammo, a secondary weapon for vehicles, etc.

I've been playing the game since release and it's been a blast so far!
piam101 is offline   Reply With Quote