Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-10-2019, 06:03 AM   #43
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrio Andretti View Post
Yeah bud.... it does work like that. Bought 3 cars this year. Went in with bank checks. Walked out with cars. So yeah it works that way.
It’s been a few years since I bought a new ride.. Sorry about the grammar errors, I fixed them in the original post. I shouldn’t do iPhone post without my reading glasses...LOL
Old 06-10-2019, 06:08 AM   #44
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
mine tried pulling this on me as well. I told them I had cash (did), and they told me to "keep your cash and finance instead". After I called them out on it they tried to do the same thing saying the check takes a few days to clear. I said that's fine, I'll come get the car the next friday (it was friday).

long story short, they took the check, and brought the car to me the next day.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:49 AM   #45
Umbriel

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Bought two vehicles in the past year, one being my SS and the other being an Acura, paid by check for both and never had either run my credit. The Camaro we had a certified check and the Acura we wrote a personal check. Both were out of state and neither said a thing about running my credit.
Umbriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:29 AM   #46
Bad Anvil Garage

Drives: 2000 GMPPSV SS & 2017 ILE SS
Total BS. Tell him the deal is off and see how fast the story changes.
Bad Anvil Garage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:36 AM   #47
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
this is _ONLY_ so they can try and get one of their finance partners to beat your credit union interest rate so they can convince you to use their finance partner instead.

That is the _ONLY_ reason they do this. and they do it everywhere. You can just tell them you'll go elsewhere and they'll change their tune when they see you are seriously going to walk to a competitor.

Depending on your interest rate, it may work in your favor. If both finance terms are fixed rate and all else is basically the same... you could end up paying a half percent or so less if your credit union isn't already close to the lowest you could expect.

Truth is, running credit isn't going to ding you much if at all and it wont be long term. If your dealer isn't garbage otherwise, it may benefit you to see if they'll beat the credit union rates. If they are seeming shady, then pass.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:44 AM   #48
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Absolutely not. I will not allow a dealership to run my credit. If you have a check from your bank, as many others have stated, it is as good as cash and the dealership does not need to run your credit. If they won't give you the car until the check clears, then they should hold the car with it being held under a deposit. If they won't comply to either, go to another dealership.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #49
Kiteboarder85

Drives: 2018 SS - 2015 SS 1LE - 2013 SS
Dumb way to have a credit inquiry show on your report for 2 years. Although it won't hurt your credit, it does show other lenders than you may have tried to get credit.

IMO - keep your credit report clean from nonsense. Never know when you may need to make that large purchase in life (C8, House, Etc. )
Old 06-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #50
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
If your credit union already ran your credit recently to qualify you for financing, then it won't make a difference in your credit score. If not, you may want to try to avoid having the dealership run your credit as others have suggested.

"as long as the inquiries were all made within a certain period of time, usually 14 days but sometimes longer, they are counted as just one when calculating your score."

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-e...r-an-car-loan/
cdrptrks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #51
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Here you go, an explaination. I had a dealer try it and walked. TL;DR, shady dealer, or stupid dealer.

https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articl...u-pay-cash.htm
Old 06-10-2019, 03:49 PM   #52
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
If your credit union already ran your credit recently to qualify you for financing, then it won't make a difference in your credit score. If not, you may want to try to avoid having the dealership run your credit as others have suggested.

"as long as the inquiries were all made within a certain period of time, usually 14 days but sometimes longer, they are counted as just one when calculating your score."

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-e...r-an-car-loan/
This isn't necessarily true. When I bought my Accord, I asked what my score was a few minutes after the finance guy confirmed the rate, and he said he forgot and asked if I wanted him to see, so I said yes, he mumbled something about the window was closed. I was not realizing he was running my credit again. Here is the strange part, he used a different system I guess and I got another ding on a different score. One for Experian, one for Trans Union. One was listed under Honda Financial and the other under the dealer name. Just another reason I don't finance cars anymore, less time with a dealership moron.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #53
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
This isn't necessarily true. When I bought my Accord, I asked what my score was a few minutes after the finance guy confirmed the rate, and he said he forgot and asked if I wanted him to see, so I said yes, he mumbled something about the window was closed. I was not realizing he was running my credit again. Here is the strange part, he used a different system I guess and I got another ding on a different score. One for Experian, one for Trans Union. One was listed under Honda Financial and the other under the dealer name. Just another reason I don't finance cars anymore, less time with a dealership moron.
The different credit agencies rate your credit differently. You can get free accounts with them, or these days many credit cards will give you your credit score for free on their online web site. At least two of my cards offer that. Fun to check.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #54
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
" I already explained " would have sent me down the road
Old 06-10-2019, 05:33 PM   #55
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcintyre1969 View Post
" I already explained " would have sent me down the road
I know, right?!?
Old 06-10-2019, 10:04 PM   #56
nitrojedi

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS Convertible
There is nothing wrong with having your credit checked, its going to have no effect on you whatsoever unless you plan to go rogue and rack up a dozen or so cards at one time LOL.. Push the dealer on how low they can get the interest rate for you, you may be surprised how much better they are willing to do if they think there is a chance to finance the car...Go to your usual bank or credit union and see what they will offer you then go the dealer and make them work for your business..you may be surprised how aggressive they can go on interest rate if they think its the difference maker to earn your business .. afterall a dealership is there to make money and you can't fault them for wanting to make a few hundred extra in kickbacks from their lending partners.. I mean if they can substantially lower your payment and rate why wouldn't you ...
nitrojedi is offline   Reply With Quote