Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #1
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Pat yourselves on the back

Just want to point out how awesome this forum is. Before the C7 came out, and even a while afterwards until I picked up my current car, I was on the stingray forum every day (Corvetteforum). Lots of good guys over there, but also a lot of d-bags. I like that reading through threads over here, most people are about letting mistakes slide and reprimanding people that get a little too serious.

TL;DR. We should all be happy that we're part of such an awesome community.
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:31 AM   #2
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
Just want to point out how awesome this forum is. Before the C7 came out, and even a while afterwards until I picked up my current car, I was on the stingray forum every day (Corvetteforum). Lots of good guys over there, but also a lot of d-bags. I like that reading through threads over here, most people are about letting mistakes slide and reprimanding people that get a little too serious.

Glad your enjoying my friend!

Its all about treating everyone with respect. If you act respectfully,than every will treat you with respect.thats whats happening in this forum.
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:44 AM   #3
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Yes this is a great forum. Yes we all disagree with one another every once in a while but that's what a forum is for to ask questions and give opinions. Great forum for a great camaro!

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:04 AM   #4
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Welcome one and all and glad you enjoy the Camaro Forums.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:05 AM   #5
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I enjoy this forum as well. I have a G8 and I don't even visit that forum or especially the Facebook page as it has become someone I don't care to be a part of. It's unfortunate.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:48 AM   #6
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Yep. NastyZ28 and I got into a multiple page argument when I first joined. He never resorted to personal attacks or putting out false info and that's why I respect him. We have different opinions on things but everyone is entitled to their own. The mods really don't tolerate too much crap on this forum, which I am thankful for. And thankful we have a lot of people here are great sources of knowledge and insight and take the time to share.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:51 PM   #7
judochop87

Drives: Cooper
I have been part of other forums and there definitely a large number of D bags, this forum is nice and relaxed as it should be
judochop87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #8
CamRamRo

Drives: 2014 TR Stingray M7
I bought a '14 Stingray earlier this month, but I still find myself over here regularly. Just seems to be more going on, and yes, this is an exceptional forum.
CamRamRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:03 PM   #9
EOD_Tech Infidel

Drives: 2018 ZL1
If you need any more reason to appreciate this forum over others check this out.....

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...20744&page=249
EOD_Tech Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:33 PM   #10
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post

Thanks.

Are you talking about me and nasty99 recently getting reprimanded ? lol

They don't allow a whole lot of extra bs...it doesnt take long.

But you can still debate all you want as long as it doesn't become personal or too childish. How it should be IMO.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:37 PM   #11
Lishka

Drives: 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
A newcomer.....

I am so glad to hear that this is a friendly place!
I have been lurking (and learning!) for a little while now and have my heart set on my very first brand new vehicle....White SS convert.
Not sure what pricing will be here on the west coast of Canada, but I am determined to not scrimp just to save a buck here or there. This is going to be my baby that will never see the winter roads. My forever summer ride!
Lishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:13 PM   #12
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD_Tech Infidel View Post
If you need any more reason to appreciate this forum over others check this out.....

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/show...20744&page=249
The amount of hate on forums comparing a newer gen to an older generation is usually pretty thick when a car first comes out. New Camaro, new Mustang, new trucks...people always defend their purchase. I was checking out the 2016 Sierra and all I read from Sierra owners is how much better their 14 or 15 looks. They eventually either get over it or continually try and convince themselves and others whatever they have is better.

This is no different. Camaro had the Mustang licked in performance so they will be very vocal in multiple forums knocking the only thing they can, looks.

Maybe there is no better. Maybe there is just different. Performance is measurable, but looks, it's in the eye of the beholder. I dig the interior of the Mustang and the gen6 Camaro. Can't say ones better than the other, but they are very different.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:55 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
The amount of hate on forums comparing a newer gen to an older generation is usually pretty thick when a car first comes out. New Camaro, new Mustang, new trucks...people always defend their purchase. I was checking out the 2016 Sierra and all I read from Sierra owners is how much better their 14 or 15 looks. They eventually either get over it or continually try and convince themselves and others whatever they have is better.
Thats a big part of the rational for setting up Camaro6 the way we did. We didn't want there to be a divide spring up between the old & new crowds. This way, the 5th gen folks have their area while the 6th genners have this one. Anyone that wants to is free to go between the two, and if someone wants to stir things up in either part of the forum there's a single moderating team keeping an eye on things.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:17 PM   #14
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Agree this forum has been great so far. The C7 ZO6 forum on corvetteforum is atrocious with not only outsider trolls, but earlier corvette owner trolls, pretty sad. Fortunately here we don't have many fanboys of any one particular brand making an appearance.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote