Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-04-2015, 04:35 PM   #43
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaM View Post
Well the dealership has been after me to get up there and drive the two SSs they have on the lot (the ones I posted pics of on thanksgiving night in another thread)

Last night I was in the area and again went up there. This time the sticker was in the windows. They want almost 49K for each of the cars.

Wow, crazy, for that type of money I can get a used C7, even on their lot. LOL
I think my off on again relationship with the 2016 SS is over if I am looking at 48 to 49k for these cars.

I dont know if I make the drive up there tomorrow to drive them like I told them I would a few days ago.

All I can say is WOW.
Who's putting the gun to your head to buy it??? Move along little boy.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #44
CamRamRo

Drives: 2014 TR Stingray M7
This is why you should order one, dealers do usually only stock the loaded cars. Look at what a base model C7 with no options cost compared to a 3LT Z51, almost $30,000 of options. It can add up quick.
CamRamRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:05 PM   #45

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I spoke to a Chevy gentleman at the Find New Roads deal in L.A.....To paraphrase the best I can, what we are seeing, and will see for the short term is a situation that only occurs with a new model/generation...

...And that is the hard-core "enthusiasts" play their hand and are catered to first. V-8 sales will be at their highest for this first year, and for this first year only. It's why the 4-cyl is on the back-burner....So the high trim models will probably be aplenty and at dealers first to take advantage of the hype, etc., that can only happen once.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #46
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
Well spoken! I actually would prefer to be less noticed. LEOs have absolutely nothing to do here because it's a nice area but of course there are over 9000 of them just itching for action and when there isn't any, it's quota time.
LOL, I've lived in a place like that before... Why you gotta make friends with LEO's just to "lower" your chances granted they still do have a job to do, especially when bored lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
LOL!!! Ain't that the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I spoke to a Chevy gentleman at the Find New Roads deal in L.A.....To paraphrase the best I can, what we are seeing, and will see for the short term is a situation that only occurs with a new model/generation...

...And that is the hard-core "enthusiasts" play their hand and are catered to first. V-8 sales will be at their highest for this first year, and for this first year only. It's why the 4-cyl is on the back-burner....So the high trim models will probably be aplenty and at dealers first to take advantage of the hype, etc., that can only happen once.
Very true! I believe V8 sales for gen5 was only 28% and even out of those only a whole 8% were manual. I don't think Chevy would've done what they did for me if I had a base v6 or even a base 1SS.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:33 PM   #47
bbrown450

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
People seem to forget that it really is a "poor man's" vette. 37K vs 55K, base model to base model. Not saying that it's cheap, just saying that relative to the Corvette, you're getting almost the same exact performance, only ~$18,000 cheaper.

Once you bring up used you can really go anywhere:

Used C6 or new 1SS?

Used C7 or new, fully loaded 2SS?

Used 2SS 5th gen or V6 6th gen?

+ all of the used options when you start looking at used cars
I own a C7 and have driven the 16 Cam SS....fast car but no comparison in most every aspect this car (C7) has amazed me since day one in 2013. If I can find one for less than MSRP I am on it and giving up the C7.Paying as much as I did for my 2LT (64k) the only thing that saved my ass was the fact that they have raised the prices 3 times .Now you can get 8-10% off !!
If anyone knows any of the larger dealers are discounting please let me know...I will fly there to get it ...all the best
bbrown450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #48
BlkReaper

Drives: 2016 2ss
those looking for a no options 1ss there is a hyper blue one in cookville, TN. It can be found on autotrader
BlkReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #49
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
I'm spending the extra cash because dual zone climate control and Homelink are important to me (I frequently go to my parents and girlfriend's houses). In 2016 those functions should be standard on all cars. But that's another argument for another day.

Don't really need or care about leather, heated/cooled seats, the disco light show, or other stuff the 2SS has but GM is making be buy them to get what I do want so what can I do?
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #50
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I'm spending the extra cash because dual zone climate control and Homelink are important to me (I frequently go to my parents and girlfriend's houses). In 2016 those functions should be standard on all cars. But that's another argument for another day.

Don't really need or care about leather, heated/cooled seats, the disco light show, or other stuff the 2SS has but GM is making be buy them to get what I do want so what can I do?
Agreed, at least the dual zone climate and homelink should be standard, definitely going to miss them on the 1lt. I had all the "bells and whistles" before and never used them and is more stuff that breaks (my sunroof constantly stops working). But Im very happy it comes with the back up camera and remote start.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:29 PM   #51
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizennick View Post
but there is no 1LE in 2016...
No shit Sherlock, that's why I am waiting for it.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 11:09 PM   #52
DanaM

Drives: 2010 Ram 1500 / 2006 Charger R/T
Send a message via Skype™ to DanaM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
First of all you're right nobody's putting a gun to my head last person to put a gun to my head ended up losing a really nice gun and getting his ass whooped pretty messed up night for him as far as moving along you don't make that call I make that Call if I want to move along and not do those prices so be it if I get fever real bad doesn't make a difference
DanaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:41 AM   #53
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacraMaro View Post
I think that people wanted to have a "poor mans vette" and that simply doesn't mean cheap.
I think this is true for a lot cases, I know it was for me. I've made the decision since it's within my budget, and I only need 2 seats, to move up.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:55 AM   #54
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown450 View Post
I own a C7 and have driven the 16 Cam SS....fast car but no comparison in most every aspect this car (C7) has amazed me since day one in 2013. If I can find one for less than MSRP I am on it and giving up the C7.Paying as much as I did for my 2LT (64k) the only thing that saved my ass was the fact that they have raised the prices 3 times .Now you can get 8-10% off !!
If anyone knows any of the larger dealers are discounting please let me know...I will fly there to get it ...all the best
Kerbeck is up to 12% off right now (off C7's)....

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 08:23 AM   #55
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
First of all you're right nobody's putting a gun to my head last person to put a gun to my head ended up losing a really nice gun and getting his ass whooped pretty messed up night for him as far as moving along you don't make that call I make that Call if I want to move along and not do those prices so be it if I get fever real bad doesn't make a difference
Whaa??? Ok, so now your OP makes sense.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:46 AM   #56
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Um...are you okay?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote