Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-20-2015, 07:57 AM   #43
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Personally, I'm glad to see these new vids of possibly hi-po model Camaros...If I were to go 6thGen, it would be one of these versions....Other factors to consider, for sure, but not going to swap an SS for a 6thGen SS....

But I wonder if Chevy hasn't thrown a pause into many others who would other-wise commit to buy something sooner than later....I think I would wait....Have they hurt their own sales in the short-term with these spy-pics....?
Thinking the people that were going to wait were possibly waiting anyway to see if there was anything for a 2017 50th anniversary model. Or simply to see if there are any bugs in the new design to be worked out.

Forums are a tough gauge of interest. But there are certainly those who know they'll be paying a little more to have one straight out from launch, or release date. If they can afford that, there is a good percentage of those that can afford to trade up when newer or higher end models are released the following year or two. Besides initial Gen 6 buyers will be bypassing Gen 5 discounts on cars already sitting on the lot.

There are many posts on the Gen 5 forums of buyers who bought an LT to trade up to an SS or variant just a year or so later. So not thinking Chevrolet is running the risk of hurting opening or first year sales at all.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:37 AM   #44
1leNPP

Drives: 1LE , 1SS , NPP
That video of the what looks to be a 1LE just got GM off the ground again and on to my think about buying list with the GT350 . Before I saw that video I was not going to buy a 6TH gen Camaro not that big of a fan of the new car . I have no problem sticking with my 5TH gen 1LE GM did just a great job with that car . A 1LE 6th gen is the only I car think about buying from GM.
1leNPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:47 AM   #45
suzook

Drives: camaro
0-60 in 4secs, and very low 12's in quarter are good enough for me on the SS!
Old 09-20-2015, 08:48 AM   #46
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

I'm also waiting for a 6th generation SS 1LE to come out with the new A8. I hope by then GM has fixed all the bugs of this new promising transmission that came out on the new almost perfect Stingray.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:09 AM   #47

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
Thinking the people that were going to wait were possibly waiting anyway to see if there was anything for a 2017 50th anniversary model. Or simply to see if there are any bugs in the new design to be worked out.

Forums are a tough gauge of interest. But there are certainly those who know they'll be paying a little more to have one straight out from launch, or release date. If they can afford that, there is a good percentage of those that can afford to trade up when newer or higher end models are released the following year or two. Besides initial Gen 6 buyers will be bypassing Gen 5 discounts on cars already sitting on the lot.

There are many posts on the Gen 5 forums of buyers who bought an LT to trade up to an SS or variant just a year or so later. So not thinking Chevrolet is running the risk of hurting opening or first year sales at all.
Yes...I agree with all the above, thank you. Yeah, the sales thing, maybe I didn't think that one through....If anything, having the other models available sooner will result in larger sales numbers for all models...

What I think now was my main reason for this thread, was that these new spy-pics caught everyone by complete surprise, so to speak....Availability of all models for this gen will apparently be a lot sooner....years sooner, actually....as compared to the 5thGen...This I think was never anticipated...

At the reveal, and very shortly after, we learned of the time frame and planned availability of some models...the T4 in the first qtr of 2016, for example....That's not too far from when we might possibly see these Z cars as 2017s (if that's the plan)....

If a ZL-1, Z/28, 1LE are that close to coming out, if would have been nice to know initially....Several here have already stated they are waiting to see if one of the new cars is a 1LE before buying anything...

I don't know why we can't get an official announcement of what models will be actually produced, and when...I don't get why we have to be "guessing" at what these models may be....If it's no secret there will be other models to align with the 5thGen line-up, why do we have to guess if there will or will no be a 1LE, Z/28, or ZL-1 released soon?....It would have been nice to know at the reveal....They did as much with the T-4...no car to see, but we were told what and when it would be available...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 12:56 PM   #48
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

At the reveal, and very shortly after, we learned of the time frame and planned availability of some models...the T4 in the first qtr of 2016, for example....That's not too far from when we might possibly see these Z cars as 2017s (if that's the plan)....

If a ZL-1, Z/28, 1LE are that close to coming out, if would have been nice to know initially....Several here have already stated they are waiting to see if one of the new cars is a 1LE before buying anything...

I don't know why we can't get an official announcement of what models will be actually produced, and when...I don't get why we have to be "guessing" at what these models may be....If it's no secret there will be other models to align with the 5thGen line-up, why do we have to guess if there will or will no be a 1LE, Z/28, or ZL-1 released soon?....It would have been nice to know at the reveal....They did as much with the T-4...no car to see, but we were told what and when it would be available...
The T4 is going to be something that the masses can afford. Well the masses that are or can afford to buy a new 2016+ car.

If we knew the answer the the latter, we would be making a couple hundred thousand a year inside the towers of GM laughing about how long we can keep a lid on these cars for future marketing purposes.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 11:50 AM   #49
RatBoy

Drives: 2014 Fusion Hybrid... for now!
I love cars - the more raucous the better.

When I was laid off at the beginning (Happy New Year!) of 2014, I had to sell my 2013 ZL1 back to the dealer. A previous GT500 was boosted to 750 horsepower, thanks to the dealership tech and Ford Racing's Super Pak.

While I'd love to have the fastest car on the block, I'm afraid at this stage of life, a 2SS is probably the best I can reasonably afford - trying to retire at 57, I can't go $60K+ for a car. A 12.4-second quarter mile is plenty good enough, anyway, I reckon.
RatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 03:00 PM   #50
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
I am not waiting. I do not think the undercarriage of this car is going to change during the cycle. Everything else can be made for cheaper if wanted. I am going to dd this car so no reason to wait for something else.

I do know of two people waiting to see 2107 50th anniversary but at 15-20k miles a year I am going to let the collector's edition go to collectors. I do not understand buying a new car then upgrading for the same body style but with track suspension? The depreciation you just lost in both new cars could have built a better car then the car you just bought. Although when I was in the car business I loved the guys who bought every couple of years. Why not just add it to your car and bingo next model. Want it lighter carbon fiber the doors hood and trunk. Want it faster add a cam headers and tune bam 450 whp. This car to me is what I have waited on. A great platform with a great engine to build what I want if I change anything. The last camaro just weighed too much for me.

Although I do want to make a 383 as my first car was a 1981 camaro that had a built 383 but that had 420hp. Awesome thing about the 6.2l is we can stroke to 427! That is the iconic monster engine. I am pretty sure a stroked well prepared engine to 427 CI will be able to hang if not smoke with the next z28. Obviously brakes, rims, and tires accordingly. Time will tell but I am pretty sure corvette owners have already figured out this block can be stroked and bored to a 427. Then you also have a one of kind car you made. Also chevrolet does a great job of offering the newer better parts and you will keep your warranty. If you have to go that way. Just my thought.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 04:15 PM   #51
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
I'm gonna wait to see what the performance specs of the ZL1 look like as well as the cost.
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:35 PM   #52
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Waiting for sure... I need to see what the future models will offer. My car is paid off and with my current set up the new SS will not offer any appreciable performance improvement.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:39 PM   #53
CamRamRo

Drives: 2014 TR Stingray M7
I have a theory that the last 5 years have been the new "Golden Age" of high performance street cars, and will not last forever. I wouldn't wait too long, one of these days the rug could be pulled from underneath us, and whoever bought one of these magnificent cars will cherish them for generations. How far can this go? Today during lunch my boss and I were pondering the existence of pony cars for our kids.. Will the new norm be 1000hp cars? Or will we fall back into an era similar to the 70's when a Corvette had less than 200hp?
CamRamRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 08:18 PM   #54
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
I'm also waiting for a 6th generation SS 1LE to come out with the new A8. I hope by then GM has fixed all the bugs of this new promising transmission that came out on the new almost perfect Stingray.
That's the only thing that would give me pause... the 1LE for the '16.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 08:06 AM   #55
savage99ss
Im the boss

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
When it was my turn to replace my GTO I decided to put it off and get a gen5 ZL1 to use as a summer drag/HPDE car and then get a gen6 2SS in 18 to replace the GTO as a daily driver. Lately I've been tempted to trade the ZL1 up for a new ZL1 in 17 and drive it year round.

It sucks having a ZL1 that I don't drive daily but it's hard to accept running one in the winter. I'm really torn. You only live once but it's awfully expensive to slop snow and salt on and brakes/tires, etc are more expensive. My mode of operation is to buy nice and then drive them 10 years at ~10k miles per year with dedicated summer and winter tires. I've got time to figure it out
No way I would drive a ZL1 in WI winters. IT would kill that car. I would keep the GTO as a daily(are you really going to get great money out of it).
Camaro SS #0785 - 1 of 280 SS's that were pewter, auto, and T-Top - SLP Headers, LM1,Y-pipe, high flow cats, SLP Lid
savage99ss is offline   Reply With Quote