The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 05-06-2015, 06:51 AM   #1
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
Normal Operating Temperatures

My son found this illustration about the normal operating temperature ranges of the Z06.

I found it pretty fascinating, then again that's my inner geek talking.
Attached Images

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
EcoBrick Bob

Drives: 2015 Vette on Order
I have a Z51 A8. I installed a Lingenfelter 160 deg T-stat. Was fine for 2 months until we started driving our car from Naples, FL to Iowa. Went into limp mode due to the car not heating up in a timely fashion. Sometimes got a check engine light, sometimes not.
I was able to clear the code (P0128 - Coolant system failure) and all was well until I shut it off and it cooled back to ambient. At times I saw 155 deg. Never have had a 160 deg Tstat that didn't get me consistent 1`75-180 temps in normal driving. I did not change the fan settings in the ECM as I don't plan on tuning for at least a year.

Called Lingenfelter. They said it could possibly be a defective Tstat, but to get a replacement, I have to send it back. So... ordered a 170 deg one, as I don't want to have to change it twice, and 170 will probably work just fine.

Any others out there that have had issues when installing a 160 deg Tstat?
EcoBrick Bob is offline   Reply With Quote